Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

welcome posted:

I got up to A13 with defect by picking billions of powers and hoping for mummy hand, then I gave up forever.

thats a good strat except when you get the boss thats designed specifically to be a hard counter to that start and you die in 3 turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine Yoda drinking a white claw. Buzzed, I am

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's kind of fun to try to build a massive dark orb nuke but other than that yeah I feel him tailing off by like act 3 of qwdension 1 never mind anything higher level than that

Holy poo poo... imagine if you could ponder the orbs hahaha. gently caress off

building your deck around hyperbeam and then lucking into meteor is cool but also wont work unless you get hyperbeam as a random starting gift or you can buy it at the first shop however the one in a millions runs when you DO get early hyper beam + bag of marbles and ideally bottle hyperbeam and also snecko eye at the end of act 1 is simply epic. but you've had to do a million defect runs that take 45 minutes to die in the middle of act 3 to get there fuuu

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mysterious loyall X posted:

thats a good strat except when you get the boss thats designed specifically to be a hard counter to that start and you die in 3 turns

By the time I stopped playing I didn't have to worry about awakened one because I was just getting killed by the first act 2 elite instead.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Defect has a bunch of options that all seem to fall apart at high ascension. Except frost orbs + focus but gently caress you if you never see a Glacier or Defrag. Or Meteor/Snecko which takes incredible luck you can't really plan for.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hizke posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

:jackbud:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Played conan from sunup to sundown, built a giant rear end tower

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finally back home after spending Christmas with family/friends. It’s Halo time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Cool. I think. Whenever people talk about roguelikes you haven't played yourself it's indistinguishable from parodies of nerds talking about video games on tv sitcoms.

yeah I see what you mean now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Picked up hades again and tried to do extreme measures hades. Got to him three times but i cant beat his second phase. Im getting closer but im making stupid mistakes in phase 1.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I feel like the add phase on part 1 can be the roughest part depending on what he summons

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Add phases are fail in anything and especially that one imo. Sometimes you get the super weak floating souls other times you get the big chariots and shield guys from Elysium and its so much worse. Especially with the super shielding he gives them. Dumb part imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Good god i survived for like 2 minutes with 3 hp fighting tooth and nail and i got his health down to like 4 regular sword swings away from killing him but a loving vase somehow got me i am unbelievably pissed off

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Good god i survived for like 2 minutes with 3 hp fighting tooth and nail and i got his health down to like 4 regular sword swings away from killing him but a loving vase somehow got me i am unbelievably pissed off

Hypnos is going to have a field day with that one

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Played a lot of Apollo Justice and a little Persona 5 Strikers today. Picking Alan Wake back up now that it's dark enough to set the atmosphere

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Elysium and dad’s armored pets are such a huge bummer that it’s been a while since I played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

started playing Spyro: A Hero's Tail, to get back into the series. in the very first room you collect over 1000 gems. theyve lost their drat minds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love watching people play that game, especially the new remastered one since it looks like a beautiful Pixar movie, but Banjo Kazooie is my limit for collecting poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Late night Shovel Knight. Beat Plague Knight's area, the second last run between checkpoints was such a big jump in difficulty relative to everything around it, guess I culd have used the phase locket for the triple jump across flames at the end but wanted to get the timing down. Platofrming feels hard and fluid and tight but bosses end up feeling messy so far. They don't take tonnes of tries but I feel like I just end up taking a lot of damage and getting a few pogos going on them more than mastering them as I'd like.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

Lol this defect sucks so much.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

"going back for more claw at 2:47 am" -- yoda.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
trying to play baba is you and realizing i'm not nearly smart enough for it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thinking of trying to learn chess because it's embarrassing I won't be able to teach my kids. I know how the pieces move and the rules, I just don't know any strategy or the names of openings or w/e

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

thinking of trying to learn chess because it's embarrassing I won't be able to teach my kids. I know how the pieces move and the rules, I just don't know any strategy or the names of openings or w/e

Hint: your children don't know the rules either.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
tripped the breaker for the office so i'm doing microsoft solitaire daily's waiting for someone to come turn the power back on

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

claw builds can be effective if you can get enough claw, draw or ways to cycle 0 cost cards back in fast enuff. "going back for more claw at 2:47 am" -- yoda.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

The Kins posted:

trying to play baba is you and realizing i'm not nearly smart enough for it

Doing the same.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Finally flying back home after visiting the in laws, gonna be playing tactical nexus and roguebook on the plane.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Zelda 2. I had this game when I was a kid but the cartridge battery was busted and it wouldn't hold saves after you turned the game off. As a result I have little to no knowledge of anything beyond the second palace.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

zelda 2 is tite and people who say its bad are crimge, or, lord forgive me for uttering the word, cronge.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

someone gifted me the witness and now i feel obligated to experience the fruity feelings of johnathan blow's game about drawing lines.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Shitpiss

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the witness rules

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The Shitness, ftmfw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i call it the shitness because, well, its The poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Played my wife at Taiko no Tatsujin and got so hype during Proof of a Hero I opened up a blood blister and bled all over the drumstick without realising. Whupped her rear end though.