Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I hate the skyfall rng in this ranking dungeon just as much as when jp had it. Two wood orbs on the board even with a free skyfall buff oh gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

I hate the skyfall rng in this ranking dungeon just as much as when jp had it. Two wood orbs on the board even with a free skyfall buff oh gently caress off.

Yeah it's pretty blatantly designed to suck stones from people. It's hilariously easy to get 125l-132k but if you wanna push for a crown? better open that wallet!

fairlight
May 18, 2007

They should make no dupes dungeons count the leaders too (again? Was it like that in the past?). Would make it a little more interesting.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

That's how it used to work, yes.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
You could circumvent it just by using other evos though, so it didn't really do much except be kinda annoying.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

fairlight posted:

They should make no dupes dungeons count the leaders too (again? Was it like that in the past?). Would make it a little more interesting.
Yeah, it was like that in the past.

Also, the "all attributes required" dungeons required primary attributes, not merely sub-attributes.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, it was like that in the past.

Also, the "all attributes required" dungeons required primary attributes, not merely sub-attributes.

I'm glad they changed it to allow dupe leaders and sub att counting for all att.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
why would no dupe leaders be interesting you would just use the closest alternative leader skill lol.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kaede in Fl 1 & 4, the other 2 on floor 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnYzjskQRo

Their skyfall luck was so much better than any of my attempts have been. Especially on wave 4 where 3 of my runs ended because the rear end in a top hat barely survived and then proceeded to bind both leaders. :saddowns:

Zoness posted:

you have so many fingers that you don't even have to be good to play radra, take it from me, the guy who bumbles through every hard dungeon with radra

Using A.Ra might've made me a worse player when I first got him. I started being able to combo Ra consistently but playing any other team meant having something like 1.5-2 seconds less move time and so I'd constantly gently caress up. No-awakening dungeons were outright impossible due to being so used to the handicap that going back to base move time was crippling.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No dupe leaders is really dumb because the pool of viable leaders in this game is stupid shallow. Everyone would just run whatever fire leader + Shiva Dragon anyway so why even bother with pretense that there is a diverse leader pool?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
RaDra is so ridiculous I'd lower the bar for "should you buy RaDra" to a single DKali or Collab equivalent. Even without Kanna, RaDra is, to me at least, noticeably better than Myr. It just trivializes everything except no-awakenings or no-RCV.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Using A.Ra might've made me a worse player when I first got him. I started being able to combo Ra consistently but playing any other team meant having something like 1.5-2 seconds less move time and so I'd constantly gently caress up. No-awakening dungeons were outright impossible due to being so used to the handicap that going back to base move time was crippling.

ra seems bad for no awakening dungeons anyway since it'd be kinda hard to consistently activate him

not that I can talk considering I've used poo poo like ronove in kaguya and wadatsumi's dungeons :v:

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I'm so poo poo without time extends. That one fixed-team ranking dungeon with B/L Isis was awful for me.

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!

TheQuietWilds posted:

RaDra is so ridiculous I'd lower the bar for "should you buy RaDra" to a single DKali or Collab equivalent. Even without Kanna, RaDra is, to me at least, noticeably better than Myr. It just trivializes everything except no-awakenings or no-RCV.

I enjoyed the gl1tch3d post recently about farmable RaDra teams (he makes the point that RaDra's onerous sub requirement has dropped recently as well)

https://gl1tch3d.com/farmable-radra-teams-breaking-the-meta/

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic
So in one of the very helpful advice posts I got a while back:

> RRa+LKali/LKali/DKali/AIsis

> RaDra+DKali/DKali/Ariel/AIsis

I'm curious as to why the teams are subtly different. Like, why LKali with Ra, and DKali with RaDra?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ra doesn't need hearts for his leader skill but radra does

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

seebs posted:

I'm curious as to why the teams are subtly different. Like, why LKali with Ra, and DKali with RaDra?

RaDra requires all 5 elements + hearts in order to activate which only DKali gives.

RRa just requires all 5 elements so LKali tends to be better for damage since you have the potential for more orbs to prong with. Plus it can make matching easier as well.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

seebs posted:

If you have 2 Dkali then you should just be using 2 Dkali for Revo Ra too.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Reroll tier list: doesn't matter. You're going to sell that monster to buy Ra Dragon.

No event in JP feels weird.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

If anyone is dying to play Radra/DKali/DKali/AIsis/RSusano, I can pass off my alt account. I don't feel like putting in the work to farm up Radra mats and it seems like a waste. I'm pretty sure that account has around 400K MP right now.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
GungHo: "Here, spend stones on this REM mostly full of trash pulls from other REM, lol"

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Well, 4.1% 134k on my main. Considering JP cutoff was 132k for 10%, I'm fine with that.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got 1.5% on my second run of the ranking dungeon. So naturally, I blow three stones trying to get an even better score. :v:

(Ended up with 1.2%.)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kaede in Fl 1 & 4, the other 2 on floor 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnYzjskQRo

there's no skill order this time, you just pop actives whenever you need more wood orbs, but save Sylvie + michael + cameo for boss so you can make 2/3 wood 1/3 heart board to cap damage

though you can use michael earlier if you get really bad boards, which gives you an active on every single floor to really minimize the rng

pretty easy crown if you're fast on the combos

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
1.1 percent. Blah.

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!

GoodBee posted:

If anyone is dying to play Radra/DKali/DKali/AIsis/RSusano, I can pass off my alt account. I don't feel like putting in the work to farm up Radra mats and it seems like a waste. I'm pretty sure that account has around 400K MP right now.

Check PM's - my brother who lurks here plays but his account has had terrible luck on REM - would be fun to coop Ra Dragon with him. Understand if you want to pass it off to an active poster though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
6 Sphinx attempts now where I end up dying to the black knight rear end in a top hat because I get almost zero skyfall help through the entire drat stage and then manage to not kill the thing because I'm still hosed for orbs unless I burn the board changer and have little to no actives for Sphinx itself.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Evil Fluffy posted:

6 Sphinx attempts now where I end up dying to the black knight rear end in a top hat because I get almost zero skyfall help through the entire drat stage and then manage to not kill the thing because I'm still hosed for orbs unless I burn the board changer and have little to no actives for Sphinx itself.

you should save Perseus or Michael for him since you generally get more greens that way and can also plan a heart cross during the floor transition if you know you won't have 12+ greens

obviously Perseus is preferred since you want Michael for boss, and remember that light prongs hit almost as hard as green prongs on him

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

randoark posted:

Check PM's - my brother who lurks here plays but his account has had terrible luck on REM - would be fun to coop Ra Dragon with him. Understand if you want to pass it off to an active poster though.

I'm cool with this. Code sent.

randoark
May 9, 2003

GoodBee posted:

I'm cool with this. Code sent.

Awesome, thanks :) appreciate it!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Almost hosed up my A1 run with YomiDra because I failed to notice I never awoke Okuni so his 2 turn buff is still 1 turn for me. Surprised when Kali didn't die from hit. Still got her and got my bubpy #173737472 (gently caress blue).

Guess that's my goal for the week and here I thought I wasn't going to be grinding today.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Who the hell is spending stones on this chibi REM?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Nice, I beat my first JP one shot challenge. Actually had some time during the tiny window they give and now I have a Whaledor and one of those stupid 6th latent things that I'll probably never use.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SweetJahasus posted:

Nice, I beat my first JP one shot challenge. Actually had some time during the tiny window they give and now I have a Whaledor and one of those stupid 6th latent things that I'll probably never use.

Thanks for posting this, I never check for these things and always end up missing them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MP cap (in JP) has been raised to 9,999,999. Enjoy the soon to come 7 digit MP card meta.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I made it to the boss then proceeded to OHKO it forgetting that it had resolve

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I made it to the boss then proceeded to OHKO it forgetting that it had resolve

I put up a shield and then just nuked it. Dathena for life~

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who the hell is spending stones on this chibi REM?

I did because it's not like the regular rem gives me good things anymore

At least my new chibi bastet is adorable af

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The MP cap (in JP) has been raised to 9,999,999. Enjoy the soon to come 7 digit MP card meta.

Well, some retards are happy about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I love that insane nephthys guy

• Locked thread