Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Bolek posted:

Was he a wispy little urchin in the book

Pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Ig isn't supposed to be an intimidating dude before he gets the horns.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That looks loving rad as hell.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
New Interstellar trailer. Sorry, don't have a better youtube link at this time.

http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.htm...x.wordpress.com

I really wish I hadn't mistakenly read a plot spoiler a few weeks ago.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:gizz:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just go to the movie's official site and enter the code 7201969, that's how I watched it.

This movie is gonna be so fantastic.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Trailer gave me goose bumps, god drat

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you're like me and give nary a poo poo about spoilers, go read the synopsis of the script in the Interstellar thread, knowing what it's all about makes me exponentially more excited.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Good lord, it looks amazing.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Just so you guys know, about 50 theaters worldwide will be showing this in true 15-perf 70mm IMAX, most notably the Loews Lincoln Square theater in Manhattan. According to interviews, about two-thirds of it is shot in IMAX, and the 70mm prints will be made off the camera negative, so it'll be a hell of a way to see it. This site will probably be updated around September or October with more info as to where to see it this way.

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
Yeah this trailer was so emotional.

So pumped, IMAX for the win as it looks like it will be truly beautiful. I honestly thought I couldn't get more pumped than I was for Godzilla...

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

the 70mm prints will be made off the camera negative

Huh?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm guessing the print will be taken directly off the camera film as opposed to a digital reproduction?

Bolek
May 1, 2003

teagone posted:

I'm guessing the print will be taken directly off the camera film as opposed to a digital reproduction?

I understood the sentence perfectly. The point is it makes no sense. This ain't the 1950s. That ain't how movies work.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

teagone posted:

Pretty much, which is very rare nowadays ("The Master" is one of the only other movies in the past five years to do this; it too was shot large format). Nolan makes his films with no Digital Intermediate stage except for visual effects shots, and all of the color correction is done photochemically rather than through something like a DaVinci system. The reason why movies like "Interstellar" and "The Master" can get away with printing off the camera negative is because only a very limited number of prints will be made this way, rather than 2,000+.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thehomemaster posted:

Yeah this trailer was so emotional.

So pumped, IMAX for the win as it looks like it will be truly beautiful. I honestly thought I couldn't get more pumped than I was for Godzilla...

Both trailers were cut by the same guy. :eng101:

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
It's an art, it truly is.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

Pretty much, which is very rare nowadays ("The Master" is one of the only other movies in the past five years to do this; it too was shot large format). Nolan makes his films with no Digital Intermediate stage except for visual effects shots, and all of the color correction is done photochemically rather than through something like a DaVinci system. The reason why movies like "Interstellar" and "The Master" can get away with printing off the camera negative is because only a very limited number of prints will be made this way, rather than 2,000+.

I guess I was being too pedantic about it. His whole quasi luddite attitude just rubs me the wrong way and I guess reading how this huge sci fi feature with a massive amount of effects shots is gonna be cut and printed the old fashioned way just made me have a knee jerk, dickish response.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kiimo posted:

Both trailers were cut by the same guy. :eng101:

I assume he's Legendary's go to dude for their big stuff.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Didn't Kiimo talk about how there was a real expert working with him who cut both the 1989 Batman and Man of Steel trailers?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

He's everybody's go-to for tentpoles. We have two guys that are executive vice presidents, the other three are senior vice presidents. Those two guys are responsible for all the big WB films you can think of. Our #1 did this trailer, did Batman, did Inception, etc. He's the king of swells and builds you might say. However he also was responsible for Yogi Bear and the "good things come in bears" poster so they can't all be winners!

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
So this is a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTf3xiBG28

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

kiimo posted:

However he also was responsible for Yogi Bear and the "good things come in bears" poster so they can't all be winners!

It certainly got more people talking about the Yogi Bear movie than what would probably be warranted. And you can't say it was forgettable marketing!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:wtc: Is this poo poo still relevant any more?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

:wtc: Is this poo poo still relevant any more?

It is, it still gets WAY higher ratings than any other cartoon Nickelodeon puts out.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pirate guy as the villain? Rules.

And yet I'm still bothered by them appearing to just breathe out of the water. And not suddenly being a plain sponge and petrified starfish on sticks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

davidspackage posted:

And yet I'm still bothered by them appearing to just breathe out of the water. And not suddenly being a plain sponge and petrified starfish on sticks.

"Missing the point post about how this is a cartoon and you should really just relax you sperg :smug:"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
In the first movie they met David Hassleoff and didn't confused him for a porpoise this breaking Spongebob canon

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

"Missing the point post about how this is a cartoon and you should really just relax you sperg :smug:"

It's surprisingly profound, for a narrative about a sponge.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

Yeah, if the Goofy Goober bit didn't moisten your eyes a bit, you're probably a soulless husk of a human being.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Is this pirate dude supposed to be funny?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Trump posted:

Is this pirate dude supposed to be funny?

You mean Antonio Banderas?

He's the best part of the trailer. He knows he's in a kid's movie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just realized that trailer had a narrator talking about worlds.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jonny Angel posted:

Y'know I've never ever personally seen it, but I resigned myself to not really caring one way or the other like 12 years ago when everyone and their mother proclaimed Spongebob the king of Millennium cartooning. It's a better-than-average kid's cartoon that cribs liberally from the Looney Tunes playbook and has some great one-liners and memorable archetypal characters with great vocal talent. I don't hate it, I think it's really good, but I've never seen the whole "this is AAA cartooning" reputation it has. It just never transcended its trappings into either profundity, emotional resonance, or truly gut-busting comedy in my eyes, but since I never got the impression it was trying to I never begrudged the show itself for that.

That said I was being facetious. I assume you were too but I just wanted to voice how weird it is to me that I don't seem to "get" Spongebob the way the rest of the world does, even if I don't hate the little guy at all.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I admit, I laughed at the random Slash impersonator.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

That said I was being facetious. I assume you were too but I just wanted to voice how weird it is to me that I don't seem to "get" Spongebob the way the rest of the world does, even if I don't hate the little guy at all.

I was quoting Fringe. Watch Fringe.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No, but thank you. I don't like JJ Abrams stuff.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

I admit, I laughed at the random Slash impersonator.

That may have actually been Slash.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

effectual posted:

That may have actually been Slash.

It would only be funnier, but I didn't want to guess and be wrong. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pickles
Apr 9, 2011

You should try this wonderful lunch. It's more than a delicious tasty crunch.

mind the walrus posted:

No, but thank you. I don't like JJ Abrams stuff.

He has nothing to do with it past the first episode and it becomes amazing. Watch fringe.

• Locked thread