Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Oxyclean posted:

It's not as clever as the "love is blind," angle, but It looks more like a fencing foil to me, complete with the little 'ball' thing on the end.

Also, when was this character alluded to? Following like 3+ comics that all update slowly is making me really bad at remembering these kinds of things?

e: Oh, or do we just know her name because Zack said it in the comment?

Agent Day was first mentioned here: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Something bothered me about Agent Day.

Has there been any other character with eyes like hers?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

She's blind, so her eyes are always closed. She drew those dots on with a marker so that people wouldn't feel awkward around her, but obviously she doesn't know it doesn't work, and no one wants to be That Guy and say anything.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

red plastic cup posted:

Sexiest train I've ever seen.

It's not a sexy train, it's a Love Train. Duh.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

neogeo0823 posted:

She's blind, so her eyes are always closed. She drew those dots on with a marker so that people wouldn't feel awkward around her, but obviously she doesn't know it doesn't work, and no one wants to be That Guy and say anything.

That's not really how blindness works

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

RickoniX posted:

That's not really how blindness works

:thejoke:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
She's rocking dual prosthetics. They are metal as hell.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

it's also funny because "choo" is pronounced the same as "chu" which is the japanese onomatopoeia for the noise a kiss makes

this webcomic is an anime

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Tollymain posted:

"actual" metal

they're basically made of ghost metal

now i really want to know what ghost metal sounds like
Ghost Train is made of a metal that counted enough to be made into a door by/for Forge. Forge even said it was made of metal.

Max's magnetic powers certainly worked on it as well. Not very well, but it did.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I'm thinking Forge and the train are both tools. Forge possessed a suit of armor, and the train a full passenger train. Both have been in their respective tools for a long, long time, and so the tools look like their true forms now. Both spirits have become so strong that they no longer need people to suck energy from, and so they act on their own. Meanwhile, the metal they're both made of is stuck in a weird transitional form of spirit metal. Ghostly enough not to be seen by non-spectrals, corporeal enough to be usable for metalworking. That's why Forge left behind his armor when he was cut in half, and why Spender's light attacks did nothing. The armor was his tool.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
I think Zack has explicitly said that the Train is a spirit in the form of a train in the same way Doorman is a spirit in the form of a door(man). The Train is metal in the same way Eightfold is paper, which explains why Max's powers work on it.
Forge is different, though I don't see how he can be a tool when all tools we know of are visible to everyone. Zack has said (on tumblr) that anyone can see the changes a tool or medium goes through, even when the spirit chooses to stay after getting to full health.
Forge's armor would be handy for Max to get his hands on, since it means his magnet powers would no longer be useless against spirits.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That lady has a heart on her tie. And in her hair bun. Crazy

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That lady has a heart on her tie. And in her hair bun. Crazy

Don't forget her left ear.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Jesus christ Zack Morrison is so good at character design. I didn't mind the prospect of Forge permadying not because he's a lame character but simply because he'll inevitably be replaced by an equally enjoyable one.

I hope her first name is "Valerie" or something not completely painful.

snucks fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 26, 2014

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
"Heyy... let's talk about ethiics."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spender's comment about "hugs and sunshine" makes so much sense now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh my god Agent Day legitimately wears a Suitsie in the real world. That's amazing.

I'm imagining she just woke up, probably from Boss Leader ordering her to make right quick to Max. At least, so my theory goes.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I guess Zach's promise about not using romance in the comic no longer applies.

Personally, I'm on team Ghost Train.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Actually I believe the promise was no awkward teen romance. :v:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Onean posted:

Actually I believe the promise was no awkward teen romance. :v:
That leaves plenty of room for awkward adult romance between Spender and Agent Day Nightmare Knight and Forge.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Alternatively it will only feature extremely suave, smooth teen romance. Possibly a first in the history of teen romance.

Seriously though she has cupid powers. This giant ghost train smooching Max is probably not the last time it will be used for comic effect, although whether it's actually used to motivate some kind of romance is another question.

Also, maybe I'm underestimating the blind, but how does she get by on her own if she's just been picking her way through the woods toward town? Is there a chance spectrals can tap some other senses to get around? Even if it's just her tool-spirit giving her a hand with some directions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dolash posted:

Even if it's just her tool-spirit giving her a hand with some directions.

It's probably this. I mean, how else would she aim those arrows?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
She's clearly a zatoichi.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Male Man posted:

She's clearly a zatoichi.

I dunno Agent Day having a sword hidden inside that cane would probably out-anime Spender and we can't have that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno Agent Day having a sword hidden inside that cane would probably out-anime Spender and we can't have that.

Are you kidding? Spender just split a monster in twain then transformed into his masked hero persona.

I'm surprised the big goob didn't scream 'Henshin!'.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so doesn't agent day kinda strongly resemble that chubby black girl from Max's flashback dream?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Not really.

AnonSpore posted:

Agent Day seems even more pathetic and awkward than Spender already, so it's pretty obvious which one of them would win in a fight.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

Agent Day seems even more pathetic and awkward than Spender already, so it's pretty obvious which one of them would win in a fight.

I realized after you said this, but all of the Consortium members are really awkward. Besides those two, we've got Walker, who's a big ignorant galoot (seriously, just see how unaware he is during his appearance), the lizard-man and his lamentations, the trying-way-too-hard film reel hair girl (forgot her name, sorry), the people on the elevator who were doing less-than-spectacularly in their battle... Boss Leader, are you deliberately recruiting losers or does it just happen?

I suppose that'd explain why she made Max a member.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Someone tell Zach his marketing potential has just been realized:

http://www.betabrand.com/mens-business-suit-onesie-hybrid.html

Alternatively he might want to look into royalties. :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The "jacket" doesn't come together at the front: a slovenly suitsy, did not vote.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It doesn't even have a zipper.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dolash posted:

It doesn't even have a zipper.

It does, it's just concealed beneath the buttons. They could probably do a custom run for Zack.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

Someone tell Zach his marketing potential has just been realized:

http://www.betabrand.com/mens-business-suit-onesie-hybrid.html

Alternatively he might want to look into royalties. :v:

you know thats been a thing since 'how i met your mother' right?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Roland Jones posted:

Boss Leader, are you deliberately recruiting losers or does it just happen?

Well, besides the narrative explanation that is it leads to a more interesting cast. It should be considered that every one of them is either host to or a faucet of energy for a weird spirit being. Personality quirks while maybe not required are probably drat well likely for spectrals.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

A big flaming stink posted:

you know thats been a thing since 'how i met your mother' right?

No, I didn't know that. I'm pretty sad about it now though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Boss Leader, are you deliberately recruiting losers or does it just happen?

People who aren't losers wouldn't put up with her poo poo.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, besides the narrative explanation that is it leads to a more interesting cast. It should be considered that every one of them is either host to or a faucet of energy for a weird spirit being. Personality quirks while maybe not required are probably drat well likely for spectrals.

Plus, anime. Wacky personalities everywhichway.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

paranoid randroid posted:

People who aren't losers wouldn't put up with her poo poo.
We'll probably find out that there's a bigger, more successful spirit consortium full of not crazy people out there.

Then they'll have to play baseball against them for the ownership of Mayview or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Splicer posted:

We'll probably find out that there's a bigger, more successful spirit consortium full of not crazy people out there.

Then they'll have to play baseball against them for the ownership of Mayview or something.

Police Academy: Paranatural edition