Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Jetfire posted:

who kicks away a handshake?

Neville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It almost would have been just as good if Owens beat the poo poo out of him right there while the whole lockerroom looked on. :stonk:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I really really don't want to give WWE any of my money right now but holy poo poo NXT is making that difficult.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't believe Sasha's that good at only 22. Especially since a year ago she wasn't a standout at all.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Critical posted:

I really really don't want to give WWE any of my money right now but holy poo poo NXT is making that difficult.

NXT is basically the reason I'm subscribed to the network at this point.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

sticklefifer posted:

I can't believe Sasha's that good at only 22. Especially since a year ago she wasn't a standout at all.

When you've got a pro like Sara Del Rey training women's wrestlers it pays off big time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Le Saboteur posted:

When you've got a pro like Sara Del Rey training women's wrestlers it pays off big time.

Yeah, she's definitely had a really solid impact on the women's division, but give credit where it's due as well: Sasha's really stepped up into her role.

NXT's so good y'all. :allears:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

NXT REvolution

What valor!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

This needs to be a regular WTF reaction gif like that Sami clapping one.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Quick, someone link poopref.gif
I gotta show a friend the ref picking up CM Punk's poo poo

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jetfire posted:

That was a reference to a previous interaction between them. Such a nice touch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

It almost would have been just as good if Owens beat the poo poo out of him right there while the whole lockerroom looked on. :stonk:

It's possible that was the idea, and Steen got so hyped at his buddy's big moment that he forgot. Then as they were walking back up the ramp, he remembered "Oh, poo poo, I was supposed to kick your rear end, bro, welp, back we go..."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Not idea why people give primary credit to Sara. Billy Gunn plays a huge role much like Joey Mercury did during the Paige/Emma era. The women train with everyone.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Not idea why people give primary credit to Sara. Billy Gunn plays a huge role much like Joey Mercury did during the Paige/Emma era. The women train with everyone.

I think a lot of people assume Billy Gunn is just a road agent and when he's at training he's just like DeMott.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

This needs to be a regular WTF reaction gif like that Sami clapping one.

My favorite part is that Ascension used to have the huge overblown entrance that left people going :stare: and then Finn shows up and turns the theatrics up to Japan :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

I think a lot of people assume Billy Gunn is just a road agent and when he's at training he's just like DeMott.

Shame people take his on screen characters seriously or remember him for his soma'd up New Age Outlaws RF shoot. He's so nice. Got rave reviews from "ROH" style guys when he got clean and worked the indies before returning to the fold in WWE.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like the info you post here Rovert but it should be noted I am a Terrible Poster.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

Shame people take his on screen characters seriously or remember him for his soma'd up New Age Outlaws RF shoot. He's so nice. Got rave reviews from "ROH" style guys when he got clean and worked the indies before returning to the fold in WWE.

I don't think i ever read anything negative from guys who worked with him on the indies before he came back to WWE. He was a guy a who genuinely wanted to give back and help out other wrestlers whenever he could.

he probably should be mocked for his tna run though

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite part is that Ascension used to have the huge overblown entrance that left people going :stare: and then Finn shows up and turns the theatrics up to Japan :allears:

It really was a "Oh, that's how you do it." reaction and I loved it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I picture "Japan" as being one notch higher than 11 on the Spinal Tap dial.

Japan is two louder.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

Japan is two louder.

It's the dial right next to the switch to activate rhe animatronic velociraptor.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oatgan posted:

he probably should be mocked for his tna run though

There is not a single person that isn't true for though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Japan is two louder.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I posted it :)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Croc posted:

What valor!

The "Chivalry" chant that came after this is one of the reasons I love the NXT crowd. Also because they booed down the "we want Kenta" chanters and drown it out with a "Hideo" chant.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Ok, I know Zaynerico has been taking that powerbomb for years now, but this is the first time I have ever seen it be so close to a neck bump. The first one Steen does in NXT and it looked the most dangerous of all the ones I have seen him do.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i think the NXT fans come off as a weird self-conscious simulacrum of wrestling fans most of the time. they were great during zayn/neville though, because they were legitimately emotionally invested rather than just playing along for once.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
The names may be different, yet all is right again.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

Ok, I know Zaynerico has been taking that powerbomb for years now, but this is the first time I have ever seen it be so close to a neck bump. The first one Steen does in NXT and it looked the most dangerous of all the ones I have seen him do.

edit; on closer inspection he really does get hit close on the neck, although he does look like he's avoiding hitting the tron on the apron too much on the way down.

Howling Man fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 13, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Did Shelley get a concussion from taking an elbow drop outside the ring

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That apron bump is also shot really well. It's more protected than it appears from the angle it was shot at. Hope that camera operator got an A.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spermgod posted:

i think the NXT fans come off as a weird self-conscious simulacrum of wrestling fans most of the time. they were great during zayn/neville though, because they were legitimately emotionally invested rather than just playing along for once.

The crowd just seemed so excited for Sami, it was great. I noticed at one point a goth looking girl just losing her mind jumping up and down in happy excitement for Sami and that in turn made ME happy - Sami is the cure for teenage angst :3:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Spikeguy posted:

Sadly there is a big difference between what talent can do and what talent is allowed to do.

Well, that's depressing to think about. :(

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jetfire posted:

me at all my board meetings

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

rovert posted:

Oh drat I had assumed Mercury and Gunn were primarily road agents these days. Especially with Mercury being part of main show storylines now.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Tables, Ladders and Chairs and Stairs and other stuff live gifs

275 LBS of pure one ton steel

Something smells green

It's not the fall that kills you...

"What have I done?"

Another perfect 5 point landing

Pro Wrestling Physics 101

Cole status: Literally dead

I'm just gonna put you... right here

He said feed him more!

Bray knocked Dean to HELL!

Edit: Had to add one more

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 15, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Pro Wrestling Physics 101

His shoulder is clearly up you dumb ref.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll make some more gifs of the show if anybody actually wants anything else WM didn't already do.. I guess. Not overly enthused about going back through that show.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I'll make some more gifs of the show if anybody actually wants anything else WM didn't already do.. I guess. Not overly enthused about going back through that show.

Bray murdered Ambrose with a clothesline and that was really cool. Ziggler reversed a powerbomb into a facebuster on the ladder. Other than that show sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

His shoulder is clearly up you dumb ref.

Impossible, stairs and big show were on him. Dummy.