Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

I'm so hard right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

lol

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
The most Detective detective

http://nypost.com/2015/02/15/meet-the-most-decorated-detective-in-nypd-history/

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Dang Smiling Jack you got a body count.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Pikehead posted:

There is no tasering involved, nothing at all.

Thanks, got bored of it after 2 min too.
The guy says don't touch me, follow me all you like. Then after a few steps says they're terrorists for following.
Then asks them questions, but refuses to let them speak.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Recently I had the police knocking at my door to investigate my car cause apparently a car with the exact same description and plate, minus one letter being different, was reported stolen in a nearby town. I just figured well, in a one in a million case it would happen to me cause I just have that luck (sadly it doesn't work out in winning me the lottery). My brother however thinks the cops made it up to inspect my car to see if it is street race capable cause my car is lowered. Is that a thing that actually happens?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Leal posted:

Recently I had the police knocking at my door to investigate my car cause apparently a car with the exact same description and plate, minus one letter being different, was reported stolen in a nearby town. I just figured well, in a one in a million case it would happen to me cause I just have that luck (sadly it doesn't work out in winning me the lottery). My brother however thinks the cops made it up to inspect my car to see if it is street race capable cause my car is lowered. Is that a thing that actually happens?

lol what does this even mean? He thinks the cops are checking it for NOS?

e: cops don't give a crap about your mods until they see you driving like an rear end in a top hat

beanieson fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 17, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

beanieson posted:

lol what does this even mean? He thinks the cops are checking it for NOS?

Yeah, his reasoning for it is that an undercover cop first showed up (a uniformed cop showed up a minute later) so that would be a waste of time and resources to have an undercover cop drive around looking for stolen cars, I just moved here the previous week and it was incredibly coincidental that an undercover cop just so happened to drive down our road and saw my plates right after I moved here. So to see if I had nos in the trunk and if I had any modifications under the hood they made up this story about the stolen car so they could check my hood and trunk to check the VIN numbers.

I'll fully admit that my brother is loving dumb and hates the police cause surprise, doing stuff that is illegal will have the cops give you a hard time but its totally not his fault but the mans and blah blah. I just think of it as the funniest drat thing to happen to me.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

beanieson posted:

e: cops don't give a crap about your mods until they see you driving like an rear end in a top hat

Truth.

Dude the other day getting a speeding ticket was all like "Are you going to give me a ticket for my tint too?!". Well Sir I didn't even think about your tint until you mentioned it...

Leal posted:

Yeah, his reasoning for it is that an undercover cop first showed up (a uniformed cop showed up a minute later) so that would be a waste of time and resources to have an undercover cop drive around looking for stolen cars

Our auto theft guys wear plain clothes and drive unmarkeds :ssh:.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
A cop without a uniform is just that. It doesn't mean he is undercover. Many patrols are in plain clothes.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Driving around looking for a stolen vehicle is a waste of time for a plainclothes, but driving around doing random Vin Diesel checks on lowered imports totally makes sense :psyduck:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Today a sign told me not to walk.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I did it anyways.
FTP

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

beanieson posted:

Driving around looking for a stolen vehicle is a waste of time for a plainclothes, but driving around doing random Vin Diesel checks on lowered imports totally makes sense :psyduck:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
to be fair to the speeding ticket guy window tint tickets and the cops that write them are usually gayer than the statute

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
He could have been in the neighborhood for another reason and had a hot sheet with the stolen vehicle on it and saw that your car mostly matched and decided to check it out. Lol about your brother though.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My tint is below the legal limit so if i get pulled over, i always drop all four windows then explain that I have a CCW and a pistol in the console along with putting my hands on the wheel and not moving to get my tag and insurance thats in the glove box until he tells me to.

Less chance of getting a tint ticket (distract him with the acknowledgment of a gun in the console), higher chance of getting shot. WIN.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Tide posted:

My tint is below the legal limit so if i get pulled over, i always drop all four windows then explain that I have a CCW and a pistol in the console along with putting my hands on the wheel and not moving to get my tag and insurance thats in the glove box until he tells me to.

Less chance of getting a tint ticket (distract him with the acknowledgment of a gun in the console), higher chance of getting shot. WIN.

Wait what color are you?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DrakeriderCa posted:

Wait what color are you?

Tide posted:

My tint is below the legal limit

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DrakeriderCa posted:

Wait what color are you?

How dare you pigeonhole me into a society forced color, sir. I'll have you know that I am a transgender haitian woman with a peg leg named Bob.

In other words, I'm white as loaf bread and male

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Branis fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 17, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
If the police didn't exist until Robert Peel invented them, how could they be in the Bible?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
jesus was the worlds first cop. He gave out some serious stick time to those brown people at the temple hustlin money.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

jesus was the worlds first cop. He gave out some serious stick time to those brown people at the temple hustlin money.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
What if God was one of us?
Just a cop like one of us?
Just a thug macing protestors?
Trying to violate civil rights?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the bible always talks about jesus protecting his flock so he would probably be big into the wolf hunter stuff

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Sins are like wolves, because they come in packs, and find you while you are naked and afraid like sex drugs and money, and swole jesus hunts sin QED ripped jesus was a wolf hunter

Pictured: Jesus hunting sin in the forest

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Oh my god, that Cop & Cross website (which redirects to sheepdogsafetytraining.com, naturally) is very entertaining. And they have a list of upcoming seminars. Someone go to a seminar, please. I want to hear more gems like this from their expert Pastor Officer Meeks:

Pastor and Police Officer Jimmy Meeks posted:

Who will hurt you in your church?
There are 4 kinds of people that can bring tremendous harm to the members of your church.

They are:
1) The Mentally Disturbed
2) The Angry
3) The Greedy
4) The Sexual Deviant

I'm sure there are other kinds, however, the facts and stats show that these are the types of people that can, and have, brought devastation to churches. A study of church-related violence will soon reveal this to anyone. Sometimes, all four of these traits will exist in one person.

"I'm sure there are other kinds" lol

PS- If you can't make it to a seminar, you can simply order a Church Safety Kit for the low low price of $179. It includes a DVD and instruction manual about 'Protecting the Pastor', pepper spray for the church office, and 2 flashlights.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I love this country.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Bonus DVD : Interview with Carl Chinn, the man the Washington Post calls the #1 expert on church safety stats. Carl was held hostage at Focus on the Family in Colorado and stood face to face with a gunman at New Life Church as well.

Sounds like he's not too good at this church safety poo poo.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I have a coworker that is super right wing religious who both him and his wife conceal carry at church in case a mentally ill sex greedy atheist/muslim/abortionist decides to attack their church.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Whale Cancer posted:

Bonus DVD : Interview with Carl Chinn, the man the Washington Post calls the #1 expert on church safety stats. Carl was held hostage at Focus on the Family in Colorado and stood face to face with a gunman at New Life Church as well.

Sounds like he's not too good at this church safety poo poo.

This never would have happened if they had remembered to stock the church office with some pepper spray and a flashlight :negative:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Pilot to Gunner posted:

This never would have happened if they had remembered to stock the church office with some pepper spray and a flashlight :negative:

TWO flashlights.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

#2is1and1isnone

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I was always under the impression that the churches that worry about this stuff (the deep South) have a congregation that is always packing in case an angry, greedy bipolar dude jerking it in the pews gunman shows up.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I'm never not packing if you know what I mean

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

beanieson posted:

I'm never not packing if you know what I mean

fudge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Yes that is what I mean

• Locked thread