Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Oh, I thought the show made up the dumb aquarium thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I imagine the comic is akin to a fashion show where they do not actually show the final product, rather the most insane hosed up things. Not that the final product ends up being remotely good mind you.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There needs to be an episode where they have exhausted the supplies of toilet paper

Eugene has been tripling up sheets and wasting all of it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

An episode where it shows Rick, for ten minutes, sorting the single-ply to give to Negan while keeping the glorious Bounty Xtra Soft for himself.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

An episode where it shows Rick, for ten minutes, sorting the single-ply to give to Negan while keeping the glorious Bounty Xtra Soft for himself.

And at the end of the episode, he goes into the bathroom of his house in Alexandria, sits on the throne, and we see him staring at rolls of TP stacked to the ceiling the same way the Governor stared at the heads he kept in fish tanks.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Michone walking down the road and seeing a smoldering bonfire of all the toilet paper Negan took from Alexandria

:smith:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Who am I kidding we know Eugene would be a big fan of diapers, they're way more efficient for an apocalyptic environment

Then we get an intense, dramatic scene where Eugene has to sneak through the woods without anyone hearing the crinkling plastic or the squishing sounds

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And at the end of the episode, he goes into the bathroom of his house in Alexandria, sits on the throne, and we see him staring at rolls of TP stacked to the ceiling the same way the Governor stared at the heads he kept in fish tanks.

This show would be so good if it would keep the serious tone while doing poo poo like this and its sad that smart assed goon throwaway ideas are always better than whatever we actually get

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shitenshi posted:

Oh wait, I'm forgetting that before she did this to him, Comic Governor kidnapped Rick, Michonne, and Glenn off the streets where he immediately cut off Rick's arm with a machete without warning and had them do some battle royale thing against actual zombies and not just a staged arena stunt like that one time with Merle and Martinez, then raped Michonne for shits and giggles to the point she was bloody and bruised, then raped her some more. Yes, both of these characters have zombie daughters, keep heads in the aquarium, attack foreign groups on the spot, and snatch up any randos they find to the point they're either conscripted into service or killed in secret, but even with all that, the show still managed to not make TV Governor look like the devil himself.

Never read the comic but to be entirely honest "Pure and utter fuckface" is at least a consistent character. The TV Governor was written like you had two writers fist fighting over the keyboard, wildly typing crap while the other one was trying to write for him again.

The Governor episodes really cemented this where he was made into a three dimensional character and then, halfway through the second one, suddenly had "CRAZY VILLAIN" switched back on for no loving reason. They really had almost fixed him then they just blew it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Alexandria is still recovering TP-Wise from the time Darryl made the spaghetti for the potluck and he didn't wash his hands

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Now I'm picturing Eugene making homemade grenades, sticking one in his diaper and then chucking it into a group of Saviours.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

moist turtleneck posted:

Who am I kidding we know Eugene would be a big fan of diapers, they're way more efficient for an apocalyptic environment

Then we get an intense, dramatic scene where Eugene has to sneak through the woods without anyone hearing the crinkling plastic or the squishing sounds

i would love to see this

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I would love to see a zombie furry convention, I feel like our lord and saviour Z-Nation could do it right

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"I've been walking around with turds in my pants this whole time"

"We know"

http://i.imgur.com/8TF62Nn.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/9b1g7vW.gifv

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Given his love of video games (that he expounded upon at length in an attempt to convert over a lesbian), I think our pal Eugene is probably much more likely to have a ginormous stash of socks secreted away instead. :reject:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sorry I haven't seen these gifs in a while
http://i.imgur.com/26Z7yGt.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/jauP4vi.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/SGweKi8.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/F1eVHu9.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/0RzYBZ5.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Qnaivnw.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 9, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Never read the comic but to be entirely honest "Pure and utter fuckface" is at least a consistent character. The TV Governor was written like you had two writers fist fighting over the keyboard, wildly typing crap while the other one was trying to write for him again.

The Governor episodes really cemented this where he was made into a three dimensional character and then, halfway through the second one, suddenly had "CRAZY VILLAIN" switched back on for no loving reason. They really had almost fixed him then they just blew it.
Yeah, yeah, this show has always had its share of goofs for a long while now, and this season is the worst about it without any real justification, but it's still better than anything the comic could ever be. AMC at least tried to give the Governor a chance at redemption when he tried to leave the camp, but even without that it's easy to see that reuniting with Martinez and seeing the prison just reawakened his psycho side, even if it was half-assed storytelling. The comics are way too over the top, written by a neckbeard who actually named his son Peter Parker. And seriously, who the hell had the idea to replace an artist like Tony Moore with Charlie Adlard?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Mid season finale and I have one question....is Negan a rapist?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Mr. Grimes, you said that the defendant threatened that if you didn't, and I quote, "Stick things up your butt, he would rape your butt until the room stinks, and then he would eat your butt and his son's butt until his stomach was... full of butt."

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I think so, but I also think we need another ten page discussion on this subject again to really figure it out. Let's do this!!

edit: Or you could go back here and review:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793456&perpage=40&pagenumber=73

either way

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 10, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I was going to post a clip from Ash Vs Evil Dead of "Not in the butt!!!!" but I realized the giant prince Albert swinging dick probably makes it impossible without it being massively NWS. Then again that was the most :nms: scene on TV in ever.

Far better show though (other than a clusterfuck behind the scenes fight that ruined the last episode).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

And was he the one feeding rats to the walkers at the prison?! :aaa:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
"not negan's butt"

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I just came here to post about how I finally got around to starting Tell Tale S2 and how I almost forgot how much more compelling the game characters are than the show, but it looks like there have already been several pages of that. I mean I do still find the show entertaining and I enjoy watching it, but I can honestly say I rarely ever care when a main character is killed off.

On the other hand, I was pretty tore up when Kenny's son died and his wife almost immediately killed herself afterwards in the first game. I already knew Lee died long before I ever played the game so I was expecting it, but I still cared. I needed a moment to myself after Omid was iced in the opening act of the second game.

MeLKoR posted:

A group of Saviours captures and takes the FtWD crew into their compound. One week later a disheveled Negan looks on in disbelief as his burgeoning empire burns to the ground and the zombies of his former henchmen stumble around.

They are last seen busting down Sanctuary's gate with a stolen truck while the Saviors shake their fists shouting "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

I just came here to post about how I finally got around to starting Tell Tale S2 and how I almost forgot how much more compelling the game characters are than the show, but it looks like there have already been several pages of that. I mean I do still find the show entertaining and I enjoy watching it, but I can honestly say I rarely ever care when a main character is killed off.

On the other hand, I was pretty tore up when Kenny's son died and his wife almost immediately killed herself afterwards in the first game. I already knew Lee died long before I ever played the game so I was expecting it, but I still cared. I needed a moment to myself after Omid was iced in the opening act of the second game.

I had my beefs with season 2, in particular the end. Loving season 3 though.

The whole Jane thing was stupid, gently caress Jane.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Season 3 of TWD game is very good so far. There are definitely some genuinely good dramatic moments in it and I feel it's a much stronger effort than S2.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I'm sure it's already been talked about before but watching the movie The Mist had Carol, Dale and Andrea in it then at the end it turns out Darabont wrote the screenplay (based on Stephen King's novella with a radically different ending that King said he preferred to his own).

Guess he's one of those guys who looks out for friends.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Love Crime posted:

I'm sure it's already been talked about before but watching the movie The Mist had Carol, Dale and Andrea in it then at the end it turns out Darabont wrote the screenplay (based on Stephen King's novella with a radically different ending that King said he preferred to his own).

Guess he's one of those guys who looks out for friends.

That's an excellent movie, and a great change to the ending! The first time I watched the ending was just :catstare:

And all of those actors/actresses you named were way better in that movie than any of their TWD roles, I wonder why...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Johnny Truant posted:

That's an excellent movie, and a great change to the ending! The first time I watched the ending was just :catstare:

And all of those actors/actresses you named were way better in that movie than any of their TWD roles, I wonder why...

The ending of the book was pretty hopeless, but in a different way. I thought the movie was much better.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

I had my beefs with season 2, in particular the end. Loving season 3 though.

The whole Jane thing was stupid, gently caress Jane.

I do agree that Season 1 was better. I had just finished episode two of S2 when I posted that, and I just now finished episode 4, so I only have one episode to go. Yeah Jane's uh, not my favorite. Every time I start thinking "okay maybe she is cool lemme give her a chance," she pisses me off. I already know some poo poo goes down between Kenny and Jane in the final episode and I definitely know what I'm going to do when the time comes. :allears:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

Some people loathed that ending but I thought it was one of the best.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kelly posted:

The ending of the book was pretty hopeless, but in a different way. I thought the movie was much better.

I loved both endings, but the tragic, dark humour of the movie's ending was just too good. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff, it reminds me of the Black Mirror episode where the dude traveling abroad signs up for the VR video game simulator, then at the end he is killed by his mother calling his cell phone that he turned on to try to scam the company with. His seizures while just screaming "MOM" were so :smith: but that kind of ending is my favourite.

If I remember the book ending correctly, it turns out it's a diary entry by the protagonist and the mist is still pervading Earth as far as we, the readers, know, right?

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

If I remember the book ending correctly, it turns out it's a diary entry by the protagonist and the mist is still pervading Earth as far as we, the readers, know, right?

Yes, but if I remember correctly they hear the briefest bit of something on the radio and have a little bit of hope that there are others out there or the mist ends somewhere or something.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Murphys Law posted:

Yes, but if I remember correctly they hear the briefest bit of something on the radio and have a little bit of hope that there are others out there or the mist ends somewhere or something.

Yup they escape the store, manage to stop and get gas and get away. They end up holed up in hotel or something, and the protag is writing in his journal.

I read The Mist in middle school and it terrified me. Honestly, at that age all of his books terrified. My first 'real' book I ever read was Thinner, in 5th or 6th grade. The ending of that threw me for a loop, too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Man, The Mist was a great loving little novella. And I loved the ending too. I also liked the movie ending because I think they did a great job of providing the same feeling of hopelessness but with a more wrapped up ending. I think movie goers would be pissed if they did the book ending. Also the rewrite got the official thumbs up from Stephen King... not that he knows anything about endings though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Telltale TWD Season 2 was too drat depressing at times, even compared to the first one. I hope Season 3 is better with the time skip.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Telltale TWD Season 2 was too drat depressing at times, even compared to the first one. I hope Season 3 is better with the time skip.

So far I'd deffo say it's less so morbid. Still, not without its moments of 'aw gently caress'

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FlamingLiberal posted:

I only hated how every character told you Kenny was losing his poo poo and being psycho and a huge risk, while having him be far and away the most sane person in the room. Mentioned it before but it's really freaking odd.

So far season 3 is killing it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Are you guys talking about the iOS version of the game or something else?