Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Budgie Jumping posted:

It's too good listening to this loving dweeb lament the global emasculation of millennial men (and he says "men" like 20 times) over a montage of these bozos in their matching outfits drinking G+Ts and eating artisanal artichokes from the catering truck that follows them around.

The giant list of sponsorships at the end nearly killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Egbert Souse posted:

The irony is that Hitler had a reasonably good taste in film, as his favorite films included King Kong, Metropolis, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

And, for some reason, the Great Dictator. I have a theory that fascists have an accidentally great taste in movies because they believe that movies like Starship Troopers are glorifying fascism.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Also, today I learned that having a beard is not a great idea when you're working with kids.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Also, today I learned that having a beard is not a great idea when you're working with kids.

Cause they pull it?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

i was just pointing out that talking about anime is a strategic way of luring anime nazis out of the shadows

if theyre in this thread, that's when you'd see them surface

-lil mama, expert hunter of nazis

Lil Mama "The Bear Jew" I'm Sorry

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alhazred posted:

And, for some reason, the Great Dictator. I have a theory that fascists have an accidentally great taste in movies because they believe that movies like Starship Troopers are glorifying fascism.

It's because fascists stole or subverted several of the coolest artistic movements in history

like no poo poo if you co-opt sturm and drang, german expressionism, and neoclassical architecture you're starting from a pretty strong position even if you water it down with repressive bullshit

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Alhazred posted:

He probably thought the Barber represented him.

I did read that Goebbels threw chairs at the wall when he saw this, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bo6_YNRpDw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

weekly font posted:

https://vimeo.com/55420992

I genuinely got a kick out of watching this, the douchiest thing you will see in your lives. Please join me in pointing and laughing at these dorks. It's got a good punchline too.

Had to close it after the first sentence. "It's almost as if the wild is a proving ground for men."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's because fascists stole or subverted several of the coolest artistic movements in history

like no poo poo if you co-opt sturm and drang, german expressionism, and neoclassical architecture you're starting from a pretty strong position even if you water it down with repressive bullshit

Fascism is literal murder on art, though. It was like someone pressed the pause button in Germany for ten years. Very little Italian cinema is of any consequence from after the silent era and until after WIII.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Honest Thief posted:

Did you now animé comes from the french word for cartoons, due to the huge popularity of French culture in Japan.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You don't have to like it to talk about it, and I'd like to see you deny having opinions about anime.

I have very minimal opinions on anime

Toku on the other hand

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
In fact, one could say animé is the highest form of art.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

Cause they pull it?

Yeah.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Honest Thief posted:

Cause they pull it?

Confirmed.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Egbert Souse posted:

He probably thought the Barber represented him.

Some people think that Hitler was such a fan of Chaplin that he grew his mustache like him.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

You're taller than them, use that to your advantage. I usually leave them with their parents when they try to dump them on me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not particularly optimistic about the movie, but this is a pretty dope poster:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

You're taller than them, use that to your advantage. I usually leave them with their parents when they try to dump them on me.

The thing is, when you work with kids you can't do that. Being tall is actually a disadvantage because if you want to communicate with them you have to make eye contact.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.859e2650afdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sXPmz9b4lM

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Snak posted:

I'm not particularly optimistic about the movie, but this is a pretty dope poster:

Looks like a Mondo poster

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hide razor blades in your beard, that'll teach'em not to pull

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

cargo shorts masculinity

Dang.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Snak posted:

Why is Johansson surrounded by Boris the Animal and what appears to be a reanimated Gene Wilder?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Honest Thief posted:

wrong its toku

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

My favorite anime are La Légende Du Oveurfiende, Les Boules De La Dragonne Zed, and Totally Spies

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Hide razor blades in your beard, that'll teach'em not to pull

Here's the thing though, i've seen kids do things that they obviously thought was painful, but then five seconds later they have forgotten all about it and start doing it again.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Edit weird double post

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 26, 2017

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

Artnime.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

anime is degenerate foreign art and should be heartily suppressed

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I Before E posted:

My favorite anime are La Légende Du Oveurfiende, Les Boules De La Dragonne Zed, and Totally Spies

I saw a kid like 10 wear a shirt for one of these at San Diego comic con one year.

Guess which one.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FishBulb posted:

I saw a kid like 10 wear a shirt for one of these at San Diego comic con one year.

Guess which one.

I want the hell out of a totally spies shirt ngl

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Guess which one.

well Totally Spies is easily the most fetishistic of the three possibilities so let's go with that

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
this is the only thing I know about Totally Spies:

I hate it so much.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Japanimation

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

FishBulb posted:

Guess which one.

dbz

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Nope

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Honest Thief posted:

Pay close attention whenever anime gets brought up again

:colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Taureau Fou Trente-quatre

Snak posted:

this is the only thing I know about Totally Spies:

I hate it so much.

That fuckin owns, it's so gleefully dumb

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ya hear that? It's me mentioning Film Crit Hulk!

I like this article though. I was asking myself this legit same question the other day, and this at least gave me ideas of where to start.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/25/what-we-can-do-1-26-17

Also, can someone add more to this? I don't know what to look up here, as that would take me to a very baised source, but I want to know where this came from.

quote:

It will be a huge agent in creating new voter discrimination laws designed at minorities and liberals (they've literally made this clear. There is nothing to debate).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

anime is degenerate foreign art and should be heartily suppressed

Badnime.

• Locked thread