Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why would a soda have vegetable oil in it

this is definitely not the thread to be questioning the quality of drinks people overconsume unless folks want to start facing up to some uncomfortable truths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

DELETE CASCADE posted:

brominated vegetable oil adds a cloudy look to the drink while staying in suspension

looks like a lot of drinks makers are phasing it out lately

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jesus

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

*imaging the lone can of deschutes pilsner in my fridge at home, rotating the can in 3d in my mind, thinking about the sound it will make when it is cracked open* I think I might have a beer tonight

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

wikipedia says they use it with citrus flavored sodas because brominated oils are denser than water and they bind to the citrus flavoring oils, which can balance out to the same density as the water and keep everything in suspension instead of the citrus oils separating out. and they’re apparently banned from soft drinks everywhere except america

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Oneiros posted:

or a gin and tonic but you don’t want your mouth to taste like you licked a juniper

how could you possibly not want that though

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fart simpson posted:

wikipedia says they use it with citrus flavored sodas because brominated oils are denser than water and they bind to the citrus flavoring oils, which can balance out to the same density as the water and keep everything in suspension instead of the citrus oils separating out. and they’re apparently banned from soft drinks everywhere except america

:patriot:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fart simpson posted:

And the rest of the world has mountain dew without BVO so it can be done.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

:canada: too according to the one sentance about us on the wikipedia page for brominated oil

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
no caffeine in this :canada: either unless that changed from when i used to bring it up from the us

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

got a bottle of leopold bros three pins alpine liqueur at home. great for those times you think "hey, you know what sounds good? mixing cough syrup and fernet together"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if you guys are weirded out by what's in soft drinks, boy howdy wait until you find out what's in your hard drinks

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
alcohol is a miracle of nature

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

shot of wild turkey and a bottle of anchor steam beer.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
henhouse ipa

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
current drink status

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

tastin' some more wonderful texas "single malt" whisky

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a flight of local white wines and they were delicious with the meat and cheese plate, so it was good afternoon. gal got a red that was so good she bought a bottle when we were leaving the winery

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

hi yospos. i’m drinking laphroaig by myself because my week was rear end poo poo from a dick gently caress. thanks for being funny these last 11 years.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

hi yospos. i’m drinking laphroaig by myself because my week was rear end poo poo from a dick gently caress. thanks for being funny these last 11 years.

your welcome op

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Happy National Beer Day to those who celebrate!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drank a lot of wild turkey watching wrestlemania lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Drinking Stone’s Tropic of Thunder lager with my dad. It’s v.deece.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

Drinking Stone’s Tropic of Thunder lager with my dad. It’s v.deece.

how hoppy is it? i like their cali-belgique, the rest of their lineup is too hoppy for me

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
the owners of stone are dumb and bad as is most of their beer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lyon posted:

the owners of stone are dumb and bad as is most of their beer

i like their san diego beer garden. its nice to hang out at but the food is mediocre. they have enough on tap that you can avoid hopfest

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

coworker mentioned that the local meijer had some of The Waldos' Special Ale in and so i went to get some. not too bad.

also picked up some stone Enjoy By 4-20 and i thought that was just some fancy new weird name but no, i guess im actually supposed to drink it by then???
i guess stone is dumb but Ruination 2.0 is one of my faves

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i bought a bottle of russian river sts pilsner over the weekend and it was really bad :(

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

stone is ok although its fun to make fun of them for w00tstout, the fark.com beer. i dont buy much of their beer but one of my friends does and ive only had a few beers i've outright disliked from them.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

my bitter bi rival posted:

i bought a bottle of russian river sts pilsner over the weekend and it was really bad :(

i can dig up my russian river tasting notes from when i was there and recommend the decent ones if youd like

i do remember sts not being good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i just drank the beer

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph posted:

how hoppy is it? i like their cali-belgique, the rest of their lineup is too hoppy for me

I’d say it was hoppy for a lager, but my dad hates Indias Pale Ale and he liked it, so it’s not like IPA-levels of hops (maybe a low-hops Double IPA?)

Very fruity, in a good way.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

c beer s: beer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bell's Oberon y'all

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
boont amber ale

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

Bell's Oberon y'all

bells oberon and amber are untouchable

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Sapporo

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
had a work thing in boston so i bought about 2.5 cases of tree house/trillium and life is complete for a week

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Waldos TIPA, hmm hop syrup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Skim Milk posted:

c beer s: beer