Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

starbarry clock posted:

i love video games more than movies

I'm excited for your pick :letsgo:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hit me with your Jecht shot
Fire away

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Video games > movies

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Evil Eagle posted:

Video games > movies

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Return to the Ruins

Now for one million hours of sidequesting.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Don't think I'm going to finish ffx this month since my daughter keeps hogging the Switch to play it.

Whatever, it's a game to be savored slowly.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

: Finish Rome first

saved madison. surprised by how good this is honestly. cool pick fungah

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
: Wake up on the beach
: Defeat Sinspawn Gui
: Win any Blitzball game
: Hit the Jecht Shot

i thought i'd played this more back in the day but i'm realizing this might be the first time getting back to it since around the time it came out. most surprised by how much better it is than i remember, and i loved it a lot. still feels so fresh. love the framing with tidus' voiceover and the melancholy it can inject, his dynamic with the rest of the cast, the top tier music.

didn't make the connection back then but the scene with the crusaders and al bhed trying to lure sin in reminds me a lot of stunt with the baby ochu in Nausicaa. and auron looks like jeff goldblum. the game has it all.

i think they either made blitz ball easier or i've become very powerful from all the hours i put into pyre, i could never beat the luca goers before and ended up going 3-0, didn't even get a chance to use the jecht shot. heading towards guadosalam now, gonna try to wrap it by month end for sure

making some decent progress in alpha protocol but i had to switch to computer, the steam deck kept deciding that the disconnected controller assigned to port 2 was the only thing that could move the radial menu.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Defeat Anima

Love the dumb gimmicks in this game's boss fights, like stealing potions so the guado dudes can't heal

Also like the dead silence in the temple puzzles. I can hear in my head a ghostly echo of the 2020s version of this game where every twenty seconds Rikku says "Look, over there! A sphere shaped recess. Maybe you can put something in it!”

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

starbarry clock posted:

can i be on the roll list ive gotten trophies for 3 years lol and i plan on being more active in da club

I'll add you in the next time the list refreshes, we're actually getting pretty close. 13 imps remain

but if you pick some demented poo poo I'm gonna veto it lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

: Romance Mina

: Beat the game as a PROFESSIONAL operator

: Beat the game as a Recruit

I'm so annoyed I ended up with that piece of poo poo as final handler lol, also not sure if there's somewhere to officially see which dialogue stance was most common but I probably did professional like 80% of the time. This kicked rear end and I'm really glad to finally play it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

: Defeat Anima

Love the dumb gimmicks in this game's boss fights, like stealing potions so the guado dudes can't heal

Also like the dead silence in the temple puzzles. I can hear in my head a ghostly echo of the 2020s version of this game where every twenty seconds Rikku says "Look, over there! A sphere shaped recess. Maybe you can put something in it!”

I spent 15 seconds admiring a particularly beautiful looking temple vista in Rebirth and then the camera snapped to a nearby box + ledge and Tifa asked me if I had tried pushing the box yet. :(

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I forgot 10 had another wretchedly bad chocobo based mini game aside from training. How could they let this happen after Hot and Cold.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What did you think you were training for.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

My first blitzball attempt I lost 0-1. Second attempt I do the tutorial then smash the goers 5-0 lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I spent 15 seconds admiring a particularly beautiful looking temple vista in Rebirth and then the camera snapped to a nearby box + ledge and Tifa asked me if I had tried pushing the box yet. :(

lol, they think we're so stupid all of a sudden. even infinite wealth has every party member yell at you when there's a sparkle nearby.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Video games need to bring back proper minigame culture.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cloud, you going to attack? Use the square button. Jes so you know what I mean, the button ain't square shaped, it has a picture of a square on it. The button on the left. No, c'COM, Soldier Boy, your other left!! Ah, hell, just turn on Classic Mode.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

house of the dad posted:

Video games need to bring back proper minigame culture.

THIS.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

roll for the next game

Next short game pick goes to #46, Tarranon! Congrats and let me know your game + trophy ideas when you can.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Power up Caladbolg (PLATINUM)

Only ~20 runs this time, better than the seven years it took me last time. Still, bleaugh.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

50 hours in and I'm finally strong enough to start grinding strength spheres.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, forgot how short moscow is, its only like two missions nd one of em is two rooms lol, almost done there. hopin to finish it today, then beat rome nd finish up. forgot my recruit run ws on another computer so i'm recruit again, maybe i'll do a veteran run over impsmas to get the plat. the steam version is fuckin insanely buggy but man this game's still so fun, chain shot is so busted itd be super hard to use anything else lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

: Wake up on the beach
: Win any Blitzball game
: Hit the Jecht Shot

so far so good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Romance Mina
: Beat the game as a SUAVE agent

Always a good time. Doing my first ever Veteran run now as an aggressive psycho killing everyone possible and it's extremely funny, will see if I get it finished by deadline

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

: Kissless, Hugless, Hand-Holdless Virgin for Life
: Beat the game as a PROFESSIONAL operator

Everyone in the game tried to sleep with me but I said no. The mission comes first.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

this gets me every time. i cant believe they did this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsnXVWHt64

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sub-Actuality posted:

roll for the next game

Next short game pick goes to #46, Tarranon! Congrats and let me know your game + trophy ideas when you can.
visualizing the pic

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

: Intercept Shaheed and recover the missiles

This game is cool, I liked that you have the option to let Shaheed go (which I took), it feels like the story could have a bunch of different options. I'm mainly doing stealth which is what I always default to in these games, but transitioning to firefights when you do get spotted isn't as punishing as it can be so that's neat too. I wish I had a bit more time to see more of it, but I can always save it for Impmas.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Sub-Actuality posted:

I'll add you in the next time the list refreshes, we're actually getting pretty close. 13 imps remain

but if you pick some demented poo poo I'm gonna veto it lol

:sss:

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Really good buildup for this fight and the following cutscene. Just as fun as seeing Sapphire Weapon come at Junon

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Defeat Natus

This whole stretch has been sick. Long segments of linear story are good and JRPGs shouldn't be scared of putting the player on rails for a bit and really selling the story.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Forgot how much of this game is cutscene

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-20

Shadow of Destiny (aka Shadow of Memories) (PS2) - 2001 - Deadline 5/29/24 11:59EST

Experience the unique adventures of Eike Kusch, who is given the ability to travel through time to alter his fate in Shadow of Destiny. Travel through changing time periods in nine chapters and and use clues from the past to solve puzzles and change the dire destiny that waits. With cutting edge graphics, full character voiceovers, multiple story paths and a riveting tale of mystery, Shadow of Destiny introduces the next generation of adventure games.

Shadow of Destiny/Shadow of Memories is a mystery adventure game developed and published by Konami. You play as Eike Kusch who must explore the fictional German town of Lebensbaum (Life's Tree) as he travels through time to solve and prevent his own murder. Actions taken in one time period affect future ones. Choices Matter.

I couldn't find any print ads so here's what I'm assuming is probably the official novelization of the game

atmospheric af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogAWV90guR4

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Complete the prologue
: Obtain the Sea Hare Antidote
: Complete any route
: Get the EX ending
: Get the EX ending using only information in the thread (new players only) (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 5/23/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Tarranon for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
sick im playing the poo poo out of that

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol this game is awesome but I dont think anybody will get that Platinum trophy, it's some real adventure game bullshit to unlock the true finale iirc. Fun game though