Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Radish posted:

I was naive and thought that in this game they would subvert expectations and not make them go crazy and have to be put down. :smith:

I can see why you'd think that because they were super reasonable until the alignments forced them to go insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm #TeamKrishna for SMT IV Final.

Krishna has historically been a cool dude and I'm sure that will carry over into this game about hosed up deities.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The proper response to Rise.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

The proper response to Rise.

Why do people always crop out the artist's name at the bottom.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

People are allergic to giving proper credit, I guess?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

I got this from the artist's twitter. It seems she only puts the name on the Tumblr upload.

https://twitter.com/coughdrops/status/690373848592707585

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dmboogie posted:

People are allergic to giving proper credit, I guess?

It's extra dumb in this case because it doesn't cover the art at all and is like 10 pixels tall. The most unobtrusive watermark ever.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

I got this from the artist's twitter. It seems she only puts the name on the Tumblr upload.

https://twitter.com/coughdrops/status/690373848592707585

Oooh. My bad. I'm a dumb.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I guess I'm still not entirely used to embedding tweets or I woulda done that.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

TurnipFritter posted:

Would you prefer Japanese men mumble-rapping at you?

In the end, you must choose, women screaming or men mumble rapping? Your decision will change the fate of humanity.

But what if there was a third option...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

In the end, you must choose, women screaming or men mumble rapping? Your decision will change the fate of humanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aXdUThE8Q

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
AERITH IS loving DEAD

poo poo

GOD drat IT

THEY NEVER TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN

(I finished disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

congrats on making it farther than I did

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

AERITH IS loving DEAD

poo poo

GOD drat IT

THEY NEVER TOLD ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN

(I finished disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII)
I off-handidly mentioned Aerith's death to a friend once.

He had legitimately never heard about her death, and started telling me to avoid spoilers.

It was 2014.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
HEY KIDZ
LET'S LEARN ABOUT DEMONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7gVwbmUa4

Sadly it's like a 10 second loop over and over again but hey, it's neat that they're promoting mythology lore.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Strong contender for best music of SMTIV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubj7lzLOWSI

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HGH posted:

HEY KIDZ
LET'S LEARN ABOUT DEMONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7gVwbmUa4

Sadly it's like a 10 second loop over and over again but hey, it's neat that they're promoting mythology lore.

I like how they got Hiro Shimono (VA for the God Slayer) to do this, taking into account how his in-game dialogue is probably gonna be limited to grunts and screams.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can see why you'd think that because they were super reasonable until the alignments forced them to go insane

Yeah both seemed cool and even when you go through the alternate realities they both were taking it pretty well and then after that they just decided to say gently caress it.

I liked them and both of their boss designs were horrible.

Butt Ghost posted:

He had legitimately never heard about her death, and started telling me to avoid spoilers.

It was 2014.

Some guy here got really angry at me for spoiling the fact that there were 108 characters in Suikoden 3 (the running theme of the series) like four years after it was released but your's tops that. Even Wreck it Ralph made fun of that spoiler.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 22, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kandori is still the best Persona villain and has the best themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGROuw2X530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9teoLTJxEs

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think you mean Guido.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Radish posted:

Yeah both seemed cool and even when you go through the alternate realities they both were taking it pretty well and then after that they just decided to say gently caress it.

I liked them and both of their boss designs were horrible.

Some guy here got really angry at me for spoiling the fact that there were 108 characters in Suikoden 3 (the running theme of the series) like four years after it was released but your's tops that. Even Wreck it Ralph made fun of that spoiler.

How is that even a spoiler, did he also avoid learning of the fact that there are 3 characters or that there are Runes in the game?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

It was 2014.

I mean there's a remake coming out now, so you should absolutely be avoiding this 20 year old game's plot twists as of next year since a new game will be out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring what is one of gaming history's most quintessential moments that defined an entire generation of games is only natural.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Why wouldn't someone capable of doing so not play FF VII, that's not something I can fathom.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 22, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

because 90's jrpgs did not age well and are like 80 hours long each

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Aerith died, ShinRa lied.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

Why wouldn't someone capable of doing so not play FF VII, that's not something I can fathom.

Indifference coupled with a long backlog, probably.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I bought Persona 2 PSP when it came out and still haven't gotten more than like... 2 hours into it?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Cloud: "The wind blows hard in December... Zeno Buraedo... Kurosu"

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Indifference coupled with a long backlog, probably.

I suppose that's true, but I do hope that whoever is indifferent to the game wouldn't care if it's being discussed openly, with plot laid bare and all. Oh well, live and let live. Not to Aeris, unfortunately.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I've only gotten around to playing FFVII as of this year because Cloud's in Smash now, so I owe it to myself to finally play through his game.

That being said I'm getting more excited for the remake so that I won't have to put up with a slow-rear end battle system and awkward dialogue.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I swear to god the second someone brings up spoilers in the FF7 Remake thread I will bring it down in flames

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also FF7's battle system is not slow, you are crazy

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Even with the speed cranked to max some enemy animations take forever and the Summons take double forever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will not disagree it has summons, but I don't remember any animations taking that long and even at 3x speed that game should be moving insanely fast.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe people don't play ff7 for the same reason they don't crank-start cars or die of the cholera: because why would you as a strong modern individual

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah yes, the strong modern gamer also known as old women and children playing on tablets

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

DalaranJ posted:

I really want Meguro to blow the dust off his copy of Macintalk and make some more Nocturne-style robo-scream metal

JOKER is probably slightly cooler than Kandori but yeah Kandori's themes are really good and it's a huge shame that they didn't get remixed for the PSP remake

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Old women already played FF7 back when they were young and it was the 90s, and you could probably convince kids to play it if you slapped a Minecraft logo on it and changed Cloud's buster sword to a pickaxe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Freak Futanari posted:

I really want Meguro to blow the dust off his copy of Macintalk and make some more Nocturne-style robo-scream metal

JOKER is probably slightly cooler than Kandori but yeah Kandori's themes are really good and it's a huge shame that they didn't get remixed for the PSP remake

JOKER was really cool but he wasn't in the game that much sadly.