Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Kaddish posted:

If I remove a legendary perk will I lose the rank?

from many pages back but I don't think anyone ever answered this: no, you keep the ranks invested and can slot the card again later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I wanna play this because of the show and it's the only one I haven't played. It used to go on sale (I think?) - should I just get it on steam or is there a better way?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

vaginite posted:

I wanna play this because of the show and it's the only one I haven't played. It used to go on sale (I think?) - should I just get it on steam or is there a better way?

It’s free for Prime members right now

https://gaming.amazon.com/home

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

vaginite posted:

Whatever you do, don't pay more than 15 USD/Eur for it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It's like $8 on Humble Bundle, GreenManGaming, and Fanatical right now.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I grabbed it on fanatical. Tactics, fallout 1 and 2 came with it as well for 8 bucks. Glad I asked before dropping $40 for the base on steam :)

Thanks guys!

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Chronojam posted:

TFDGC-2W4KY-PJYWW-99GWC-979RZ

Fallout 76 for Microsoft store (W10/11)

I grabbed this! Thanks a ton!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

No problem, I hope you both enjoy it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's very cool that FO4 has been regularly in the top 10 most played games on Steam and FO76 is the most played MMO that registers on that list

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

look at it per week :stare:
e: oh that's top sellers, that's even more :stare:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Plugging along on my way to vault 51 earlier and a level 309 guy appeared and destroyed the supermutants I was facing. Which was good in some ways but also annoying cause I got no loot at all. I'm racking up levels decently quick but it's still annoying being a less than level 50 pleb with guns that feel less than ideal.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Plugging along on my way to vault 51 earlier and a level 309 guy appeared and destroyed the supermutants I was facing. Which was good in some ways but also annoying cause I got no loot at all. I'm racking up levels decently quick but it's still annoying being a less than level 50 pleb with guns that feel less than ideal.

When you’re in a position like that make sure you tag enemies with wild abandon. In events just tag an enemy and move on. You’ll get the loot and exp when others kill the mob.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kaddish posted:

When you’re in a position like that make sure you tag enemies with wild abandon. In events just tag an enemy and move on. You’ll get the loot and exp when others kill the mob.

the wisdom of the MUDs...

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I'm trying to get back into this but it's so hard figuring everything out again. I'm like level 145 but some enemies still barely die like the alien commanders. I have several weapons but very few feel real nice. The most effective weapon I found is a double-shot railway rifle. I think I probably need to spec in it better I guess. I use it single shot and it oneshots or puts big dents in normal enemy healthbars. I also have a plasma rifle and a radium or gauss rifle but they don't do much damage.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the gauss rifle/pistol have a procedure:
- sneak
- hold down fire button to charge to full
- point at enemy head
- release shot

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

the aliens are just kinda sucky, they're a poor point of comparison to regular enemies.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sioux posted:

I'm trying to get back into this but it's so hard figuring everything out again. I'm like level 145 but some enemies still barely die like the alien commanders. I have several weapons but very few feel real nice. The most effective weapon I found is a double-shot railway rifle. I think I probably need to spec in it better I guess. I use it single shot and it oneshots or puts big dents in normal enemy healthbars. I also have a plasma rifle and a radium or gauss rifle but they don't do much damage.

A good start would be to see if you have the automatic receiver mod open for the railway and also slot the three commando perks in if you have those. Your DPS will skyrocket and then you can work to fill in the rest of the cards.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Sioux posted:

That's pretty much where I was a month ago. It will come back to you more and more as you play. Best thing you can do is look up some builds and see how your perk cards compare. You basically need to pick one type of weapon and go all-in on it for the best results, but even if you "tidy up" your perk selection and make sure they're all working for you that will make an immediate impact as well.

If you have extra Special loadout slots you can start with a blank one and see what perk cards you have the most of / highest ranked and throw something together that way. Or go with your best weapon and build up around that, try rolling some Legendaries on it, etc. Even without getting into the crazy endgame / low-health stuff you can be running around and wrecking most of the stuff in the game.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sioux posted:

Holy fire.

That’s all you need. Can kill a scorch beast in less than a minute on the ground

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The cremator with the slow burning mod, multi shot, and grenadier + heavy perks kills the aliens and drones in a large area with one shot. After the last few weeks I will never run out of circuits again.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Holy fire.

That’s all you need. Can kill a scorch beast in less than a minute on the ground

I’ve only seen beasts of burden a couple times in the couple weeks I’ve been playing. Someone was selling it for 10k caps, too rich for my blood.

It’s not possible to downgrade a perk card right?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I think my top request is for them to log you in to a world where there is room for your camp. I don't know why they cant narrow the number of worlds you can join based on this.

I have my camp next door to the wayward for the foot traffic, so I need to rejoin 2 or 3 times every time until I find a world for my camp to fit in.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Kaddish posted:

No, but you can pick it again when you level up to get a low rank version.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Paying2Lurk posted:

No, but you can pick it again when you level up to get a low rank version.

yeah and you may want to hold onto a couple of differently ranked cards for perks like Gunsmith or the weapon skills to fill out various builds.

man, Expeditions are like crack, I'm having such a great time running them :sludgepal:
I really like that they don't especially favor one build or another and you can take any build through all of them and have a good time. I've had just as much fun with my low health/fixer sneaky commando as with my full health auto axe power armor stomper and even my grenadier, the only map that is a bit of a downer is the Trench (I have a really hard time finding the Skeptic).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kaddish posted:

I’ve only seen beasts of burden a couple times in the couple weeks I’ve been playing. Someone was selling it for 10k caps, too rich for my blood.

I have two of them lol

I’ve gotten a total of 3 throughout

Keep trying!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it doesn't need to be a specific unique, really any flamer (I use an anti-armor one) is *really powerful* when you have all the perks for it. Doesn't require low health or any special poo poo, the only small downside is it will break fairly often.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Kaddish posted:

In a combo of lag and whatever gun the person was using there wasn’t much time to tag enemies before they were all dead

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Any preference when buying Secret Service armor plans? I have have the chest already and enough gold for two more pieces. Arms or legs?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mr Scumbag posted:

Any preference when buying Secret Service armor plans? I have have the chest already and enough gold for two more pieces. Arms or legs?

Really no difference, just remember to hit up Minerva for the ultra-light

https://www.whereisminerva.com/

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't think it matters, it does for power armor because there are different mods for arms and legs but for regular armor all limb pieces take the same mods as far as I know.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
gently caress Expeditions. Just completed Most Sensational Game for the Daily, got all side objectives and beat it under the optional time limit...only to get disconnected while exiting. Never hit the reward screen so no credit for doing it. Out of all the tedious poo poo in this game, these are the worst.

Might be time for another break.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I dunno how folks play without perks the lower the weight of stuff.
Pack Rat and Traveling Pharmacy seem basically required, which sucks poo poo when you're playing melee.

Maybe I gotta just suck it up and go Heavy Guns like everyone else :smith:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Inzombiac posted:

Pack Rat and Traveling Pharmacy seem basically required, which sucks poo poo when you're playing melee.

Worth getting the tadpole backpack and upgrade if you haven't already. I imagine that extra 120 carry weight plus a full strength build as melee should be more than enough.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

stop looting

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

get mirelurk steamer and make some mirelurk stuff to boost up your carry weight

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Make a habit of picking up the Yao Guai Pastries in Nuka World.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

hawowanlawow posted:

the bug that makes the brightness randomly dim all the time like your virtual eyes are adjusting makes the new patch on xbox basically unplayable

It's a bug, restart the game. I get it sometimes too on Xbox and a restart always solves it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Are Graygarden and Oberland Station too close together to both be developed, in a "triangle of death" sense?

How about Covenant vs Taffington Boathouse, and Tenpines Bluff vs Outpost Zimonja?

or are pairs of settlements okay and it's specifically Sanctuary + Red Rocket + Abernathy being three settlements close together that makes them unstable?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I need to find brick walls. I bought the enclave and ranch sets, they aren't what I want for my main house.

Also the greenhouse set I've seen people use. I need that too!

Edit - Looks like I might be able to find brick in Whitespring

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Paying2Lurk posted:

gently caress Expeditions. Just completed Most Sensational Game for the Daily, got all side objectives and beat it under the optional time limit...only to get disconnected while exiting. Never hit the reward screen so no credit for doing it. Out of all the tedious poo poo in this game, these are the worst.

Might be time for another break.

can you not pick it up from the checkpoint?