Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This latest episode of TWD is, uh, just wall to wall nonsense, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I watched a different playthough of the first three chapters and they seemed alright. I thought David coming back was a nice way to introduce some drama. But holy poo poo, episode four just shits the bed completely. So much has been going wrong in the two parts released so far. It's actually pretty amazing how bad it got. And it's not just choice stuff. It's characterization, dialogue, plot, all of it is just bad. How did Telltale get so bad at this?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
All the people at TellTale who were good story tellers left and then they hired new writers who didn't know how to tell good stories, is how they got so bad at this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They should just make Jesus and Clementine's crazy adventure instead of whatever season 4 was going to be.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Season 4 from what I heard is basically Clementine's Baby Quest.
I knew there was no way for a child character to remain likable for long. Pat warming up to Gabe had warning signs all over it that he was going to turn to poo poo.

And speaking of poo poo, Pat went in depth about his Emoji Movie experience in the podcast and now I want a dedicated channel for Pat and Paige's movie sufferthroughs.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

gently caress u pat gothic 1 and 2 are good games :mad: :mad:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

On the podcast:
Has a twenty minute rant/discussion of the lovely emoji movie
Immediately follows up with the most shameless emoji advertising

:pusheen:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Matt's solo content is delivering hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SFKPvodYI

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Wait, THIS is wet?

I completely had it wrong and thought it was a survival horror game with a strong focus on water physics. I can clearly remember a screenshot from a old magazine of like, a flooded sub nautical area with a fix camera. what the gently caress game was i thinking about this entire time. :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Skeep posted:

Wait, THIS is wet?

I completely had it wrong and thought it was a survival horror game with a strong focus on water physics. I can clearly remember a screenshot from a old magazine of like, a flooded sub nautical area with a fix camera. what the gently caress game was i thinking about this entire time. :psyduck:

Either SOMA or Subnautica.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

The Skeep posted:

Wait, THIS is wet?

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's Hydrophobia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobia_(video_game)

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Yep, it was totally Hydrophobia. I'm incredibly embarrassed I never stopped to think "wait, they seriously called their water game WET?"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This suddenly made me remember that 4 Kids Sweepstakes in which the Monkey was stumped by the question "Why is Water Wet?"

That, Ultimate Muscle and Fighting Fooduns are the only things I remember of that trash fire.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The weirdest thing about Walking Dead to me is that I don't feel like Clem's character has been ruined in any way. She's just... surrounded by bad writing and boring characters. I keep expecting to start to dislike her or something but nah, still good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The most well written and believable character in this season is that same zombie model that just won't give up.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Clem doesn't really have a personality other then "Child" and eventually "Hardened and also a child." I understand having a fondness for her but she's honestly been super boring since like halfway through Season 2.

Also gently caress Gabe now by the way even Ben wasn't this dumb.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

nerdman42 posted:

The weirdest thing about Walking Dead to me is that I don't feel like Clem's character has been ruined in any way. She's just... surrounded by bad writing and boring characters. I keep expecting to start to dislike her or something but nah, still good.

The only reason she's not worse is she's the audience surrogate now, so by necessity she's not really been developed as a character since season 1. And because season 1's writing was (mostly) quite good, she's still riding that inertia.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pat lost a bet with Paige. Then the shops happened.

https://twitter.com/Timinybillybob/status/895010846379835395

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I

okay, did not expect

this episode of

L.A. Noire

to open with a small nuke that vaped a factory????????????

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I

okay, did not expect

this episode of

L.A. Noire

to open with a small nuke that vaped a factory????????????
It was something that actually happened in 1947:http://framework.latimes.com/2012/02/20/explosion-at-oconnor-electro-plating-corp/#/0

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

loving real life is wackier than any video game

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Matt's solo channel has been loving strong.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

I think I enjoy Matt's scripted solo stuff a lot more than his unscripted solo stuff. I feel like he does a lot better when he either has someone else to help him fill time, or has a guideline to keep him focused. A little too much rambling on the Bible Black video for me.

Really glad to see more of the "why I like the thing" videos, though.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Someone posted a 3.5 hour edit of the Omikron LP and it was really great to watch again. The condensed descent into madness is just...amazing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I swear it was posted here but I can't find it now

You mind reposting it?

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

That would be this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvjP5BSbNGk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I can't wait for them to start up Batman season 2.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Squidtentacle posted:

I think I enjoy Matt's scripted solo stuff a lot more than his unscripted solo stuff. I feel like he does a lot better when he either has someone else to help him fill time, or has a guideline to keep him focused. A little too much rambling on the Bible Black video for me.

Really glad to see more of the "why I like the thing" videos, though.

It doesn't help that BB is as slow paced and boring as any visual novel, so there's a lot of time to fill. Contrast with the NMH playthrough, which was very good.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Not even 3 minutes into the latest episode of Walking Dead, and Pat's righteous rage at Gabe is glorious. :allears:

"What do you want?"
"HOW loving DARE YOU!"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat's gonna murder the gently caress out of Gabe like he did Kenny.
Only this time there's less than zero debate to be had.
EDIT: Oh what the gently caress, even David's gone off the deep end now.
Apparently if you don't blow Conrad's brains out he turns out to be a pretty good character up till this episode. I figured he'd have died in that scene.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 9, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

HGH posted:

Apparently if you don't blow Conrad's brains out he turns out to be a pretty good character up till this episode. I figured he'd have died in that scene.

gently caress's sake, apparently the one time a determinant character actually sticks through, but 99% of players smoke him in an instant.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Turns out he actually lasts the entire season depending on your choices and him being around mellows out the other characters to boot. After all Gabe can't be a poo poo if Conrad's still around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZcG0I4sWk
He's pretty chill even if you yell at him to get out. If you gently caress up a certain QTE Conrad will actively die for you.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I'm really liking The Cat Lady. Right amount of weird and janky and thick accents.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Barent posted:

I'm really liking The Cat Lady. Right amount of weird and janky and thick accents.

Woolie and Pat likes the game as well, a good lp.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
New Best Friends SFM video featuring girl hunting from Tony Hawk + a special surprise

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pain train got no brakes.

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/895720428722831360

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Must have been another sleepless night.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The ending of today's L.A. Noire is wonderful.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I love how intensely awful paige is at dark souls and how she just falls face forward into success with her Massive Sword

it owns extremely hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

she beat quelaag on the first try by literally standing still, hitting r1, and healing through the explosions that she had no idea even happened