Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Deathwatch is looking potentially actually broken. Hellfire Rounds gives Anti-Infantry 2+ to two Kill Teams so in conjunction with any spammable Devastating Wounds models it does an insane amount of damage. A Kill Team with 3 Assault Cannon Termies and 7 Combi Weapon dudes outputs 42 shots in 12" that turn into MWs on a 2+ against any infantry in the game. It's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Winklebottom posted:

blanket octopus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcE8z9TKlvA

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Eej posted:

Deathwatch is looking potentially actually broken. Hellfire Rounds gives Anti-Infantry 2+ to two Kill Teams so in conjunction with any spammable Devastating Wounds models it does an insane amount of damage. A Kill Team with 3 Assault Cannon Termies and 7 Combi Weapon dudes outputs 42 shots in 12" that turn into MWs on a 2+ against any infantry in the game. It's nuts.

I guess Deathwatch is about to join Aeldari in the banned-from-tournaments box. I'm sure they'll get along with each other fine in there.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Spanish Manlove posted:

Murderfang looks like he's going to be a problem

I'm more interest in Logan Grimnar with the chariot.

You can put him in a a squad of thunder wolf cav, he gets 6 S8 -2AP D3 attacks, gives you a CP every time he kills a unit, and once per game gives you army wide re-roll charges and re-roll hits.

That's awesome.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Deathleaper is the bright special boy that figured out being spooky was more effective than being outright murderous so I have to imagine that the cape is just like the Kellermorph and a deliberate attempt to exploit human psychology. Namely, that humans are historically scared of draculas, so putting on a cape and playing dracula is a sure fire way to spook em.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 12, 2023

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i like the observation that frills like that are usually either mating displays or efforts to ward off predators, making the Deathleaper either The Horniest Tyranid or suggesting that there's something out there so horrifying that even Tyranids are evolving to try to avoid it rather than fight it and eat it

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In the era of trademark names I appreciate the simplicity of such guys as Murderfang, weapons: murder, ability: do murders

Seriously. Let's all be glad he hasn't become Muerdari Fangitarum of the Adeptes Homicidus.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kitchner posted:

I'm more interest in Logan Grimnar with the chariot.

You can put him in a a squad of thunder wolf cav, he gets 6 S8 -2AP D3 attacks, gives you a CP every time he kills a unit, and once per game gives you army wide re-roll charges and re-roll hits.

That's awesome.

He seems amazing but good luck navigating the boat and a twc squad through terrain

If I took him I'd run him on foot and then teleport homer him with some assault terminators

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Tyranids are intelligently designed. "It looks cool" can be both explanations for why it looks like that.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Spanish Manlove posted:

He seems amazing but good luck navigating the boat and a twc squad through terrain

If I took him I'd run him on foot and then teleport homer him with some assault terminators

I'm also liking the fact the flying transport can carry 8 Terminators and as long as they disembark before the transport moves they can charge and advance. There's got to be a combination there.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kitchner posted:

I'm also liking the fact the flying transport can carry 8 Terminators and as long as they disembark before the transport moves they can charge and advance. There's got to be a combination there.

The combination is you don't take it because it sucks

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Deathleaper is the bright special boy that figured out being spooky was more effective than being outright murderous so I have to imagine that the cape is just like the Kellermorph and a deliberate attempt to exploit human psychology. Namely, that humans are historically scared of draculas, so putting on a cape and playing dracula is a sure fire way to spook em.

I'm going to imagine he uses the cape to obscure himself while he uses the little claws on his feet to make targets think he's just an easy to kill ripper.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the itsy bitsy ripper climbed up the guardsman's back

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm pleased with Arjac Rockfist's profile, obviously points blah blah but the flavor has been translated from 9th IMO and I look forward to him leading my army (which I have tons of work still to do on for even 1K but).

Wolf Guard - CCWs have been condensed to a single "Heirloom weapon" profile which is fine I guess. BUT THEY CAN'T TAKE JUMPPACKS???

Wolf Guard Terminators - The wargear options have me slightly confused on if a dude can take a Heavy Flamer and (for example) a chainfist? "can replace its power fist and storm bolter with one of the following: heavy flamer", seems like the heavy weapon options remove your ability to be equipped with anything else which seems just maybe to be a poorly written datasheet.

Thunderwolf Cav - CCWs have been condensed like the Wolf Guard, going to make the unit poo poo against high toughness targets no longer being able to take thunderhammers so that sucks.

Long Fangs - they can have a Wolf Guard Pack Leader (in various flavors) attached to the unit and my Assault Cannon + Storm Shield model is still legal so that's a :woop: from me.

Cyberwolf - Has to attach to a unit of Fenrisian Wolves now or it counts as being destroyed, so no longer can you run it solo. Kind of whatever to me but I did have one all bought and painted up and no wolves so.

I basically ignored looking much at Blood Claws, Grey Hunters, and comparing them to the troop units from vanilla SM - I'll just let the number crunchers tell me what the different units are good for when the points come out and run my models as that. Well thanks for reading my personal army list focused review of Space Wolves - The Datasheets

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Do ripper swarms only come from termagants sprues or do other units have them? Noticed you don't get enough to field a full unit with Leviathan.

I remember Carnifexes have rippers on the sprue but I think they were just for decoration?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Spanish Manlove posted:

The combination is you don't take it because it sucks

Live life a little :colbert:

A friend of mine has been able to send through a leak of some Grey Knight datacards:

• Draigo loses his 3++ down to 4++. He gives the unit he leads 4+++ vs psychic damage and a once per game +3 to charge rolls if you are charging from deep strike.
  • Voldus is -1 to hit his unit and on a 2+ does D3 or d3+3 MWs to a unit in engagement range (+2 to the roll if DAEMON)
  • Brotherhood Terminators are BATTLELINE and 2OC. They can get a flag for +1OC to models in the unit and an apothecary for reviving 1 dead model in the command phase. They also get Lethal Hits on the turn they charge
  • Interceptors are still 12" move with FLY, and in the shooting phase can move 6" after shooting (but can't then charge).
  • Normal Dreadknights are similar profile to the GMDK previewed but only special rule is fall back and shoot or charge.

Be prepared for Grey Knight terminator spam.

Draigo will be everywhere. Voldus will stay at home. Interceptors may still be annoying spammy units to grab objectives but since you can reposition 3 terminator units a turn worth 15OC that revive a dead guy every turn maybe not.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 12, 2023

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Do ripper swarms only come from termagants sprues or do other units have them? Noticed you don't get enough to field a full unit with Leviathan.

I remember Carnifexes have rippers on the sprue but I think they were just for decoration?

I think hormagaunts too, though I’m not 100% since it’s been ages since I bought/built any gaunts. IIRC carnifexes don’t, warriors came with them before the sprues got redone to add the swords and prime bits.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Also possibly useful when spreading Genestealer infection, because it attracts the monsterfuckers.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So who all can take thunder hammers now? Just Terminators and Blood Angels?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

wins32767 posted:

Many sergeants and characters. Presumably also at least Chaos lords and Helbrutes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

wins32767 posted:

Sergeants and the two Company Veterans in Command Squads can all take thunder hammers.

EDIT: Deathwatch vets can field 4 thunder hammers in a 10 person squad.

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 12, 2023

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm pleased with Arjac Rockfist's profile, obviously points blah blah but the flavor has been translated from 9th IMO and I look forward to him leading my army (which I have tons of work still to do on for even 1K but).

Wolf Guard - CCWs have been condensed to a single "Heirloom weapon" profile which is fine I guess. BUT THEY CAN'T TAKE JUMPPACKS???

Wolf Guard Terminators - The wargear options have me slightly confused on if a dude can take a Heavy Flamer and (for example) a chainfist? "can replace its power fist and storm bolter with one of the following: heavy flamer", seems like the heavy weapon options remove your ability to be equipped with anything else which seems just maybe to be a poorly written datasheet.

Thunderwolf Cav - CCWs have been condensed like the Wolf Guard, going to make the unit poo poo against high toughness targets no longer being able to take thunderhammers so that sucks.

Long Fangs - they can have a Wolf Guard Pack Leader (in various flavors) attached to the unit and my Assault Cannon + Storm Shield model is still legal so that's a :woop: from me.

Cyberwolf - Has to attach to a unit of Fenrisian Wolves now or it counts as being destroyed, so no longer can you run it solo. Kind of whatever to me but I did have one all bought and painted up and no wolves so.

I basically ignored looking much at Blood Claws, Grey Hunters, and comparing them to the troop units from vanilla SM - I'll just let the number crunchers tell me what the different units are good for when the points come out and run my models as that. Well thanks for reading my personal army list focused review of Space Wolves - The Datasheets

Missed out on Ragnar.
I would run Ragnar, Björn and Murderfang in Gladius.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MRLOLAST posted:

Missed out on Ragnar.
I would run Ragnar, Björn and Murderfang in Gladius.

I'm just a weird little Arjac stan, and just don't really like the Ragnar model - yep I know I'm weird.

It does look like I'll be getting some amount of vehicles with Björn and Murderfang and I'm eyeing terminators+Arjac+Landraider???

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm just a weird little Arjac stan, and just don't really like the Ragnar model - yep I know I'm weird.

It does look like I'll be getting some amount of vehicles with Björn and Murderfang and I'm eyeing terminators+Arjac+Landraider???

You can't take wolf guard with jump packs but can still take jump pack vanguards vets

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Slashrat posted:

I guess Deathwatch is about to join Aeldari in the banned-from-tournaments box. I'm sure they'll get along with each other fine in there.

Good. I never wanted to play in stupid Tournaments anyway! :colbert:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Flashbacks to when D&D3e came out and people were banning monks for being OP before anyone had played them.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Deathwatch looks dope but really points will decide everything.

Gonna have to convert some Kill Team Veterans into a Captain, Lieutenant, and Chaplain though. I don't think I have any non-Primaris HQs for anything.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are the sprues worth anything to anyone at all after the minis are clipped out? Can they, I don't know, melt down to be grist for a 3D printer? I'd give them away, no need to profit, just don't wanna feel awful binning all this extra plastic.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

SuperKlaus posted:

Are the sprues worth anything to anyone at all after the minis are clipped out? Can they, I don't know, melt down to be grist for a 3D printer? I'd give them away, no need to profit, just don't wanna feel awful binning all this extra plastic.

i mean you can get creative with sprues but most of the time (in my admittedly limited experience) they're worse at the job than some copper wire and greenstuff

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

You can sculpt them into twisted girders or rebar or crystals. You can mix some chunks of them with a container full of thin plastic cement (like Tamiyo) to make a handy (but possibly extremely destructive, use with care!) gap-filling paste for plastic models. You can also cut them for spacers or wedges for an all-plastic kitbash. They're the perfect shape for a bar over a door. You can test new paints on them.

They're worthless in the sense that nobody will pay money for them but it's good for every hobbyist to keep a little container of plastic blisters and sprue for crafting material. This is, at its base, an arts and crafts hobby.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SuperKlaus posted:

They're recyclable, I believe. I know GW has done a trial scheme in the UK where certain GW stores have dedicated sprue recycling bins.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I've started using them as a handle if I'm just spraypainting one mini or bits of one mini. Just glue it to a place where I can cut it off after that doesn't need/want spray paint and clip it off after.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
ABS (the kind of plastic GW uses) is very recyclable but even more uneconomic to collect from consumers than most plastics already are, unfortunately.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Supposedly you can get cool rubble if you run sprue through a meat grinder.

This is apparently false.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

moths posted:

Supposedly you can get cool rubble if you run sprue through a meat grinder.

This is apparently false.

You can do it with a meat grinder but that's mostly a stupid YouTube trick. If you want a pile of broken bricks, get proper wire cutters (not your sprue clippers!) and just cut some sprue to bits in a container large enough that you can fit your hands into it, so it catches loose pieces. (A ziplock freezer bag works.) It takes a while if you want a lot but you can do it while watching TV.

This sort of rubble works for bricks or building rubble or steel rubble. Plus, since it's plastic, you can get technical with a really hot plastic cement to make it look melted, with some practice. (And worst-case, you're only ruining sprue.)

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Kitchner posted:

Live life a little :colbert:

A friend of mine has been able to send through a leak of some Grey Knight datacards:

• Draigo loses his 3++ down to 4++. He gives the unit he leads 4+++ vs psychic damage and a once per game +3 to charge rolls if you are charging from deep strike.
  • Voldus is -1 to hit his unit and on a 2+ does D3 or d3+3 MWs to a unit in engagement range (+2 to the roll if DAEMON)
  • Brotherhood Terminators are BATTLELINE and 2OC. They can get a flag for +1OC to models in the unit and an apothecary for reviving 1 dead model in the command phase. They also get Lethal Hits on the turn they charge
  • Interceptors are still 12" move with FLY, and in the shooting phase can move 6" after shooting (but can't then charge).
  • Normal Dreadknights are similar profile to the GMDK previewed but only special rule is fall back and shoot or charge.

Be prepared for Grey Knight terminator spam.

Draigo will be everywhere. Voldus will stay at home. Interceptors may still be annoying spammy units to grab objectives but since you can reposition 3 terminator units a turn worth 15OC that revive a dead guy every turn maybe not.

RIP daemon hammers tho.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You can clip them up into roughly-even segments as use them for brick or stone ruins

fake e: like without needing any extra tools, don't use a meat grinder

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Much wisdom. I'll keep em around to find a recycling or reuse opportunity someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You can also clip them up into different sizes and glue them to a a little cardboard to make a textured drybrush pallette.