Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The Inner Sphere will be an interesting looking place if the Clans thrust towards the NRWR is successful while the Drac Suns push the Clans out of their territory. Crazy lopsided occupation zone.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

You must have missed the whole "Huge task force driving straight to the NRWR with the express goal of lopping off Amaris's head." thing. They're going, and the FWL had a choice about how to respond to their demands a good few political votes back.

Whoops. Yeah, that was months ago so I'd just forgotten. I just looked at the map and noted that the battle location was inside FWL territory.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lord Koth posted:

You're using a badly produced FedCom propaganda video as your evidence? Hilarious annotations notwithstanding.

Realistically, it's likely because they have a lot of appearances in the fiction, so they're the visible face of the more assholish side of the clans. Realistically, there's multiple clans that are worse, such as Smoke Jaguar and Steel Viper, but they're not nearly so visible. And the Jags got smoked in the original history anyways.

Incidentally, I'm voting for C, both because a small unit action would be a good break, and because I'm wondering who they're actually fighting. If it is the Clans, I'm wondering what the hell they're doing so far from the occupation zones.

The Steel Vipers got wiped out too. In hilarious fashion, no less.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Sure but I didn't think the Wars of Reaving were quite as well known as Operation Bulldog, so I didn't bring it up. Besides, while the Jags deserved what was coming to them, the way the Vipers managed to so cluelessly and perfectly set up their own Trial by Annihilation that it just wasn't quite as applicable.

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009
C: White Knights vs. Furries

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

It has been a while since I read WoR, but wasn't the Viper Khan the one that got bludgeoned to death by a dude wielding a clan mask in a grand council meeting? Because that was hilarious and awesome.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnoxZone posted:

It has been a while since I read WoR, but wasn't the Viper Khan the one that got bludgeoned to death by a dude wielding a clan mask in a grand council meeting? Because that was hilarious and awesome.

Everything about WoR was pretty great. It surprised me how long it took for a society with legalized genocide to descend into witch-hunting. I guess it would have happened sooner if the Wolverines were intermixed with other Clans back in the day but they stuck mostly to themselves.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

Gwaihir posted:

You must have missed the whole "Huge task force driving straight to the NRWR with the express goal of lopping off Amaris's head." thing. They're going, and the FWL had a choice about how to respond to their demands a good few political votes back.

Aha! I forgot about that as well... well drat I'm switching my vote to C for as much as it's worth.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
C sounds neat, but I have to go with B just to watch a huge campaign kick off.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Trundel posted:

Aha! I forgot about that as well... well drat I'm switching my vote to C for as much as it's worth.

The OP posted:

Remember Votes are Final so if you're not certain who you want to choose, wait a day or two and see if anyone makes a convincing argument!

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
B!

However, I'd like to see the new syrtis guerillas as a close second.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Voting B, just because I want to see people using more words like "haboob".

Edit: I just learned this is an actual word for a dust storm and not something silly made up by clanners :v:. Vote still stands, though.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Voting C

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Voting C just to calm things down a little bit as far as the scenarios go.

Also because it's an amazing matchup.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

C.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Voting D to see what happens next.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

They haven't had a significant loss of territory since 1990. Even the Ghost Bears were originally the derpy, incompetent Clan in the initial invasion. CJF, whenever they take a loss, miraculously does something to recover that has no negative future repercussions.

If it's any consolation, when Fortress Republic drops its wall and Clan Wolf starts charging in to take Terra, Malvina is probably going to go balls to the wall crazy and abandon her whole OZ for a shot at Terra. I have a feeling in the Dark Age CJF's days are numbered, and the Lyrans are about to absorb back their whole Occupation Zone.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A, Mercenaries are cool in BattleTech.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

C. Because hell yeah, knightly derring-do.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Let's go with C. The two best Clans and the most hilarious Successor State are all involved in that theater.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Voting for C. A smaller-scale engagement would be a nice break after the last battle.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I'd like to vote for D, even if it stands no chance of winning, since I want to see the continuation of the last campaign. However, I also want to see the Jade Falcons get their poo poo pushed in, and that one actually stands a chance of winning.

Whatever, screw it. Voting for Dah dah dah da-da-dah dah, Under Pressure![/Queen].

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

As fun as continuing the campaign from the last round sounds, how can we possibly pass up the opportunity to take part in one of the most historic and make-or-break campaigns of the thread? We have a chance to destroy the Jade Falcons! This isn't the time for "oh ho hum, that last mission really tuckered us out!" This is time to grab history by the balls and squeeze!

B!

C's a consequence of Marik deciding not to let the Clans past and attack the Rim Worlds, right? I can't recall the exact details, but I don't remember being in favor of stopping the Clans from wrecking up the Rim. Honestly, the best thing the Knights could do is throw the battle and let the Rim take a pummeling, fighting this battle is exactly what their enemy wants - we're just continuing the poor Free World League's history of lose-lose scenarios.

Edit - yeah, just reread that political situation, and holy crap, I'm still really against fighting a batchall. Actually playing it would just drive home the point that it was a terrible idea.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 8, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Dolash posted:

C's a consequence of Marik deciding not to let the Clans past and attack the Rim Worlds, right? I can't recall the exact details, but I don't remember being in favor of stopping the Clans from wrecking up the Rim. Honestly, the best thing the Knights could do is throw the battle and let the Rim take a pummeling, fighting this battle is exactly what their enemy wants - we're just continuing the poor Free World League's history of lose-lose scenarios.

Edit - yeah, just reread that political situation, and holy crap, I'm still really against fighting a batchall. Actually playing it would just drive home the point that it was a terrible idea.

Not only is it probably a bad idea, good ol' Dipshit Duncan is willing to go nuclear against the Clan expeditionary force if necessary.

Also, B. Squeeze 'em like Beast Rabban.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
But guys, watching the Batchall go hilariously wrong along with whatever ridiculous gimmick Duncan inevitably tries to pull is the whole point.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Happily, that can happen in a Political Update, while I vote in pursuit of a rooting interest. ("A" would also have been a fine choice, but it will not win)

Not to be tedious, but it'd be a Trial, the batchall is the negotiation of the challenge.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Surely you aren't taking it for granted that the negotiations will be successful?

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
D

I want closure, damnit! :bahgawd:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

If it's any consolation, when Fortress Republic drops its wall and Clan Wolf starts charging in to take Terra, Malvina is probably going to go balls to the wall crazy and abandon her whole OZ for a shot at Terra. I have a feeling in the Dark Age CJF's days are numbered, and the Lyrans are about to absorb back their whole Occupation Zone.

Like how they were going to be vulnerable after pushing the Vipers out, or after purging their Scientist Castle, or when they had a civil war between The Khan and Malvina? I'm skeptical the Falcons will see a reversal.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Merry Marauder posted:

Not only is it probably a bad idea, good ol' Dipshit Duncan is willing to go nuclear against the Clan expeditionary force if necessary.

Actually, he's more worried the Regulans will do so.

And he's right.

The Merry Marauder posted:

"A" would also have been a fine choice, but it will not win

Nobody likes The Bounty Hunter. Nobody.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Immediately voting A.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Actually, he's more worried the Regulans will do so.

And he's right.

poo poo, the Regulans like to go nuclear to celebrate, on a first date, on a lazy Sunday afternoon to stave off the ennui.

A few festive mushroom clouds liven up the place.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nobody likes The Bounty Hunter. Nobody.

It's the personal camo.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

To stave off ennui has to be the best reason for a nuclear exchange I have ever considered.

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
A Sweet, Sweet, Salvage.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for C for some awesome knightly action!

Holybat fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 8, 2014

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
A!!
I played too much MW3, so kicking the stuffing out of Clanners and taking their poo poo is the most Battletech-y thing to do in my mind. So let's do it!

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Like how they were going to be vulnerable after pushing the Vipers out, or after purging their Scientist Castle, or when they had a civil war between The Khan and Malvina? I'm skeptical the Falcons will see a reversal.

The Jade Falcons, with exception to their naval aspects, were pretty weak following their (3136-3137) Civil War. Problem was that House Steiner wasn't in a position to take advantage of it because they were invading the FWL.

I can't speak to the Viper expulsion, since that was before my BT time, but the purging of the Scientist Caste was an event that happened after a timejump already confirmed the Jade Falcons were still around and kicking.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

Kurita and Steiner have already been steamrolled pretty bad in this universe. Also if you are voting against those three that probably means you are pro-clan, and we don't like your type around here.

Hey man, I am all for the Inner Sphere continuing to exist! Well, under clan rule, sure, but they'd exist!

And after seeing the Battletech cartoon, some twisted part of me wants those cartoony villains to rule the Inner Sphere for the sheer hilarity of it all. Besides, there are other nations that could rule the IS if Davion, Kurita and so on weren't around. Like our beloved Free Worlds League?

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

C

• Locked thread