Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

a fleshy snood posted:

America, a nation packed to the brim with idiots and morons, elected Donald J. Trump to be president. Hahahahaha hahahahaha

They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
i warned u about calling them nazis bro

i told you

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

i told you

bashing that fasc is gonna be tough with all that cushioning

(he's fat)

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
now that it is drawn, his blade cannot be sheathed until it has tasted blood. such is the meme warrior's code

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
that guys technique is definitely to scream and run at you while holding the dagger waist high in one hand and flinching. Its an unstoppable technique, youre doomed

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
That's why I prefer the term "White Supremacist", it's all-encompassing and easy to understand, especally for morons who are themselves White Supremacists (even if they don't realize it).

"Alt-Right" means White Supremacist.

"Neo-Nazi" means White Supremacist.

"Economic Anxiety" means White Supremacist.

"Trump Supporter" means White Supremacist.

It just works!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the boys are back in town!!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i told you

"allegedly"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/801067847711539200

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

i told you

you know this kid was like, man I need a shirt that will really tell everyone I'm mature and they should take me seriously.

I got it, the beer shirt! mature people drink beer!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Formation of the people?

body snatcher conspiracy confirmed

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dolash posted:

I think it's time to accept that maybe we don't control what is and is not "normal" as much as we seem to think.

A lot of people are saying "don't normalize Trump" and criticizing media outlets or political figures for treating him like they might treat any other President when really he's a national disaster, but this sounds like the same sort of mistake made in the election where simple outrage and the self-evident mess that is Donald Trump were supposed to be enough to keep him out of office. There's too much of a belief that Trump is outside of the national discourse, that the Overton window does not stretch far enough to comfortably encompass his blend of incompetence, authoritarianism, bigotry and corruption.

It is too late not to normalize Trump. It was probably too late when he was made the Republican nominee and the party reluctantly kneeled to him because it turns out partisanship is more powerful than any gut reaction to being led by a lunatic child. It was probably too late before he even started running for President, as all the forces that would come together to produce the wave of populism, nationalism and racism he rode to victory got their ducks in a row for a big push.

This is the Denial phase of acknowledging the Trump presidency and sooner or later we'll have to drop it and accept that Trumpism is the new normal. This is not a temporary setback or deviation of the long arc of history, it is a new direction, and it's going to take more than appeals to normalcy to change it back.

i used to skip most of your posts but now they are some my favorites

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the boys are back in town!!!!

kellyanne is there as well

all of trump's campaign managers under the same roof

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Al! posted:

#TrumpSucks. Trend this.

* #Al!Sucks trends instead

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CheesyDog posted:

"Normal" is a bad standard to use because the "normal" for the Presidency has been awful, hence the election of Trump. The relatively scandal-free Obama administration is an aberration for an office that is almost characterized by deep personality flaws. THIS IS NORMAL which is why it is so loving bad. Say "things have been hosed up and now Trump is going to make them worse" not "I wish things were 'normal' as they briefly were from late 1992 to mid 1993 and for the first 8 months of 2001."

alternatively, be super pedantic about the wording of the message thus ensuring it's lost completely

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dolash posted:

This is the Denial phase of acknowledging the Trump presidency and sooner or later we'll have to drop it and accept that Trumpism is the new normal. This is not a temporary setback or deviation of the long arc of history, it is a new direction, and it's going to take more than appeals to normalcy to change it back.

i'm not sure you could have missed the point any harder

we're not appealing to normalcy to magically bring down donald trump or whatever the gently caress, we're saying that Donald Trump is a loving disaster, he is a nazi.

accepting that "oh it's just normal whatever" is exactly how fascism gets this far. that's where "this is not normal" comes from, not "make america normal again" or whatever

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I Desperately Want To Do Nothing So Please Stop Telling Me Not To Accept The Nazi

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

nice meltdown

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

iospace posted:

* #Al!Sucks trends instead

Actually I think the exclamation point would break that hashtag.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

RandomBlue posted:

You can't counter irrational or emotion-based beliefs with logic or facts, it just doesn't work. It's like trying to convince someone that chocolate really isn't their favorite flavor.

Also, showing evidence to counter a belief tends to reinforce that belief: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Backfire_effect

seduction

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mannerup posted:

nice meltdown

ill melt down as much as it takes to get people to start resisting the nazi

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Maybe this is a super hot take, but I don't think Donald Trump is a literal nazi

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Yinlock posted:

he is a nazi.

No.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Could you imagine if obama assumed he was going to be reelected

gregday
May 23, 2003

Yinlock posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i guess the whole muslim registry and openly admiring hitler's campaign were coincidences then

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yinlock posted:

alternatively, be super pedantic about the wording of the message thus ensuring it's lost completely

#AllLivesMatter :jerkbag:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

if nazi resistance doesnt drop by the time the time you need to do trump tower, you can always farm the abyss

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/801072249382039552

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

me right now

orange sky
May 7, 2007

OK guys it's that time of the day again, time to face the truth:

Yep, Donald Trump is the President-Elect of the United States of America.

Furthermore, :suicide:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/801073621674258432

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the article raises a valid question, that being "why bring this up now and not the almost 30 years beforehand"

he's trying to distract from something but god knows what at this point

Serf
May 5, 2011

look at all this stuff that won't matter

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

orange sky posted:

OK guys it's that time of the day again, time to face the truth:

Yep, Donald Trump is the President-Elect of the United States of America.

Furthermore, :suicide:

my one request is that the response to this be "gently caress him" instead of "*sigh*"

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
this is normal. the history of civilization is a series of catastrophes. government has always been about brutal control. history is breaking through the dream veil of "the end of history." the velvet glove is slipping off the iron fist. why shouldn't we too experience the grim reality of civilization like most people in history? we may wish it wasn't so, but it is so.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Augus posted:

#AllLivesMatter :jerkbag:

Nothing matters friend.

Serf
May 5, 2011

complaining about Trump feels good, but it's a bit like complaining about the manufacturer of the bullet you just fired into your foot

it won't help, and things are gonna get worse before they get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

this is normal. the history of civilization is a series of catastrophes. government has always been about brutal control. history is breaking through the dream veil of "the end of history." the velvet glove is slipping off the iron fist. why shouldn't we too experience the grim reality of civilization like most people in history? we may wish it wasn't so, but it is so.

wow pedantry

• Locked thread