Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Manager Hoyden posted:

Also I assume you're talking about this useless human trash:

https://twitter.com/herosnvrdie69/status/1516386076339970051

This is what happens when someone has zero actual problems in life and needs to invent some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Call me Heracles because of all my labors

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I only perform unemotional labor. :geno:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

polyamory is to emotional libertarianism what crypto is to normal libertarianism

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's a really bad idea that never works out. And tends to be breeding ground for horrible abuse. So yeah pretty much

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gaius Marius posted:

This is what happens when someone has zero actual problems in life and needs to invent some

They are talking about issues they are having in raising two kids, I'm pretty sure those are real, non-invented problems.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They are talking about issues they are having in raising two kids, I'm pretty sure those are real, non-invented problems.

Wrong

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yes but one of their complaints is that their 18-year old is talking to them instead of a therapist. A lot of parents would kill for their kids to open up to them! Saying “my kid opening up to me is reinforcing bad gender practices” is kind of hosed!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Yes but one of their complaints is that their 18-year old is talking to them instead of a therapist. A lot of parents would kill for their kids to open up to them! Saying “my kid opening up to me is reinforcing bad gender practices” is kind of hosed!

The 18-year-old that they adopted three months ago lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Doctor Spaceman posted:

My child is talking to me is not typically what I would call a problem.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People who use their phones while watching TV/Films need to be eliminated immediately, no more mercy

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

thetoughestbean posted:

"Why won't my stupid kid just get a therapist and stop complaining to me? What do you mean I should explain that to them like an adult and help them find a therapist?"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

People who use their phones while watching TV/Films need to be eliminated immediately, no more mercy

I get distracted easily…

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Agreed, but only if they ask who someone is or what is going on. Otherwise they should just be sent to the emotional labor camps.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I'm just going to say that actually, redirecting your 18yro to dedicated psychiatric help for certain things is a positive step towards them standing on their own. It doesn't mean you should stop giving advice, but if huge chunks of your time is spent doing therapy for someone, anyone, that indicates that they probably need help from an actual professional

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Like strictly speaking humans were polyamorous and used to have a large number of adults on which they could draw from for emotional support, guidance, knowledge, etc. Obviously that changed as STD protection became the salient driving factor in relationship style selection, but that doesn't mean that our need for "literally more than one supportive adult in our life we can use as a crisis councillor or for guidance or support at any given time" has waned one bit

Also I'd like to note as well that, maybe judging the entirety of someones parenting on a vent thread they made is a bad idea. According to some folks who know them their day job is investigating far right militant groups and having to dig through thousands of pedo comments and death threats / rape threats. If their twitter was intended for people who know that context, there's likely a fuckload of information that we are perhaps missing?

Its worth the consideration, at least.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Venting like that in public about an 18 year old feels like a bad idea. It'd be different if they were 8 (or 8 months) but there's a decent chance they'll find the posts.

christmas boots posted:

My child is talking to me is not typically what I would call a problem.

Your kid being deadset on doing something you think is bad is a stressful situation though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

alexandriao posted:

I'm just going to say that actually, redirecting your 18yro to dedicated psychiatric help for certain things is a positive step towards them standing on their own. It doesn't mean you should stop giving advice, but if huge chunks of your time is spent doing therapy for someone, anyone, that indicates that they probably need help from an actual professional

She didn't say that the kid's problems were more than she could handle, she said she was tired of him talking to her about them and it was unfeminist to let the teen she was fostering think it was OK to bring his problems to his foster mom.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gaius Marius posted:

What about reading a book while watching the wrestling on double-speed? That's ok, right?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Venting like that in public about an 18 year old feels like a bad idea. It'd be different if they were 8 (or 8 months) but there's a decent chance they'll find the posts.

Yeah

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Well we can have our differences of opinion but at least we can all agree that lady is a gross piece of poo poo

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

Well we can have our differences of opinion but at least we can all agree that lady is a gross piece of poo poo

I didn't, actually

alexandriao posted:

Also I'd like to note as well that, maybe judging the entirety of someones parenting on a vent thread they made is a bad idea. According to some folks who know them their day job is investigating far right militant groups and having to dig through thousands of pedo comments and death threats / rape threats. If their twitter was intended for people who know that context, there's likely a fuckload of information that we are perhaps missing?

Its worth the consideration, at least.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm gonna start charging for this emotional labor reading these wrong-rear end posts

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
And I will, of course, not pay because we have not created a joinder

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

alexandriao posted:

I didn't, actually

Sorry but being worn out from work is just more reason she should explain that to the 18 year old and assist them in finding proper mental health care. Instead her response is to post about someone's private life online. Pretty gross.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Atticus_1354 posted:

Sorry but being worn out from work is just more reason she should explain that to the 18 year old and assist them in finding proper mental health care. Instead her response is to post about someone's private life online. Pretty gross.

You can do both, actually

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

heres the real problem: a person over the age of 20 using twitter

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

heres the real problem: a person over the age of 20 using twitter

People under 20 don't use Twitter, they're on TikTok.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Yes it is awful when people above or below 20 use twitter

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

alexandriao posted:

Has she or are you just being a contrarian defending a hypothetical woman

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

alexandriao posted:

But she didn't. And either way I'm going to vote for not blasting your kid online for wanting help.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I've got real opinions on how morons raise their kids and so help me you're all about to hear all of them!

Chapter One: Encouraging You Child to Pick Out the Perfect Switch, Your Olive Branch of Justice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Robobot posted:

I've got real opinions on how morons raise their kids and so help me you're all about to hear all of them!

Chapter One: Encouraging You Child to Pick Out the Perfect Switch, Your Olive Branch of Justice

The Animal Crossing one is the best

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress Animal Crossing

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
No, don't gently caress animal crossing.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Do gently caress though, it's good for you.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Semen retention is one of the most studied and scientifically proven ways of increasing your ki levels

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Lol like I would waste my precious essence on anything but industrial conquest and big game hunting

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

Semen retention is one of the most studied and scientifically proven ways of increasing your ki levels

Can’t I just store someone else’s semen? That’s what the Norse did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Only if you keep it in a vessel with a mystic idol of some sort. Like rainbow dash for example.