Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hopeandjoy posted:

Every main character in the Pokemon anime owns. :colbert:

...Except for Serena who was so paper thin it hurt in an anime filled with paper thin characters.

True, Serena is indubitably the only truly bad character among all of Ash's traveling companions. Such a waste of a good character design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Wait are there actually new aloha forms?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RC Cola posted:

yeah here

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
According to Serebii on his podcast, the Alolan forms rumors were rolled into the Rainbow Rocket ones.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Remember when Pokedexes were considered something that would've been hi-tech

ring ring ring
ring ring ring
phone call phone call

and now that's not even an annoying ringtone

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RC Cola posted:

A bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Mth72OgJA

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the idea of an Alola form just being Normal is really funny to me and now I hope they do it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why did they reboot the show with a movie and change a bunch of poo poo

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

Anniversary celebration.

It isn’t even a reboot, the main anime is still chugging alone on its original timeline.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Super No Vacancy posted:

They didn't reboot anything, the movie isn't canon. And they changed stuff because it'd be boring as poo poo to just rewatch the exact same thing again.

If you want that, just watch the anime, it's not like it ever tried to not do the exact same stuff over and over again, at least until Alola forced it to change.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

That is not an official video, I would venture that is totally fake.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mesadoram posted:

its real.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mesadoram posted:

That's 'cause its a leak! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok why did they non-canonly soft-reboot the show with a movie with a bunch of changed poo poo

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

ok why did they non-canonly soft-reboot the show with a movie with a bunch of changed poo poo

to celebrate the show's 20th anniversary with a new story

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Super No Vacancy posted:

its fun

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anime is confusing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I Choose You is secretly the Jhoto movie we didn't get featuring Ho-oh

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I guarantee you that it's really a video.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

also saw the movie, interesting stinger at the end of the credits where [spioler]ash picks up the gs ball and says "this time..."[/spoiler]

looking forward to that

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Maybe they plan on doing future movies following after this one with the changes and what not.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe they plan on doing future movies following after this one with the changes and what not.

Pokemon Kai, let's do it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bongo Bill posted:

I guarantee you that it's really a video.

AlternateNu posted:

That's 'cause its a leak! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh!!!!

I mean I hope it is real, I am just jaded and cynical.

Edit: Video maker credited himself and others for the art :smith:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 6, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I thought i was an rear end in a top hat in this thread but people posting fake leaks kinda puts me out of a job.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I dont know

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i havent watched the video, but its real

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Super No Vacancy posted:

Because nostalgia sells to older people(but they don't want to watch the exact same thing again), and little kids won't give a poo poo that it doesn't match 20 year old cartoon episodes they never saw.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
JUST IN: poison heal confirmed to brick the user's cart when it procs

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Countblanc posted:

JUST IN: poison heal confirmed to brick the user's cart when it procs

Using Stealth Rocks causes every copy of a Pokémon game the user owns to be completely wiped. Some might say this is harsh, but I believe GF did what they had to do.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

hopeandjoy posted:

Using Stealth Rocks causes every copy of a Pokémon game the user owns to be completely wiped. Some might say this is harsh, but I believe GF did what they had to do.
I would be totally okay with this as long as it also affected netplay somehow :black101:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

stealth rock is good

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hopeandjoy posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

stealth rock is good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I still don't understand how throwing rocks is stealthy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I took my kid to the movie. I found it why Pikachu doesn't want to go in the Pokeball and I cried.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I took my kid to the movie. I found it why Pikachu doesn't want to go in the Pokeball and I cried.

Please spoil this. I will not be seeing the movie, and I can't find out from Wikipedia.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ash is about to die from being attacked by Pokemon and as he is losing consciousness Pikachu's pikas become a voice. He says he never wants to leave ash.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
So I finally got my New Nintendo 2DS XL and the god drat Hori screen protectors didn't ship with my order for the case and they won't be here until Wednesday. RIP!

Anyway I think I am gonna go with Pokemon X and Alpha Sapphire (cause big dumb whale is good) to start working on the Pokedex while I wait for Ultra SuMo to release.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Why do you want screen protectors for a Gameboy? They're practically indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dehry posted:

Ash is about to die from being attacked by Pokemon and as he is losing consciousness Pikachu's pikas become a voice. He says he never wants to leave ash.

i think Pikachu's words were something like "Pi pika pika, be because... because I want to be here you".... and then Ash takes like five hyper beams to the back simultaneously and loving dies.

of course that's not that shocking, either he or Pikachu dies in like half these things.

The shocking one in this one was the guy relating the tale of how his pet Pokemon came and cradled him in a Blizzard to protect him and loving froze to death.