Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

WWE does not care and neither does its audience. You have to be deigned the brass ring holder to get the part timer god push. Everyone else is just part of the meat grinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what if wwe had some kind of center for improving performance or maybe a developmental league

Sounds expensive.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TheKingslayer posted:

Nia shouldn't have swung that hard but Jade's hands are too wide to catch the chair to begin with. Her right thumb barely even touches the thing.

Whoever thought those two should work together ain't bright.

whoever thought nia jax can work ain't bright

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whoever thought nia jax can work ain't bright

IF SOMEONE WORKED THIS STIFF IN AEW I BET YOU'D LOVE IT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Enough people are getting injured there, they don't need the help

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tony paid Nia Jax to do the hit

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Rush is pretty cool yeah but that's not the point.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

forkboy84 posted:

They can actually work in AEW mostly, Nia can't

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Gonz posted:

Tama Tonga as The Great Cornholio is a brilliant decision.

MFTP for my bunghole

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jax’s oh poo poo face is pretty hilarious though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey, since it's WWE and he can't swear anymore, what the gently caress is Tama Tonga's character now?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tony paid Nia Jax to do the hit

This is true.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

So hey, since it's WWE and he can't swear anymore, what the gently caress is Tama Tonga's character now?

Gonz posted:

Tama Tonga as The Great Cornholio is a brilliant decision.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

They can actually work in AEW mostly, Nia can't

Yes, the joke is that there is a difference between being stiff & being sloppy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lmao why the gently caress would you catch it like that. That's on Jade, nia haters stay mad. Just put your hands up flat, Nia hits your palms, everything is good.

Though really really in a company that blocks every single thing out and brags about their safety it's on the company

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

lmao why the gently caress would you catch it like that.

Because you're incompetent?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, she's a wrestler I like so she's poorly trained. Thats the rule.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Endorph posted:

remember the hulk hogan beach restaurant that had 50 clothing rules that basically meant 'no black people'
this one?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe he banned the Plain White T's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_m-BjrxmgI

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheKingslayer posted:

Nia shouldn't have swung that hard but Jade's hands are too wide to catch the chair to begin with. Her right thumb barely even touches the thing.

Whoever thought those two should work together ain't bright.

A Perfect Storm match.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
The Gewirtz thing is likely one of those blurred lines worked shoot things since a Cody/Rock match is in the future.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiENxjE_xEU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

well my girls in the next room sometimes i wish it wsa you

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Cody/Paul segment was so good. Lost it at the crowd chanting “You can’t read” at Logan

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

Because you're incompetent?

The Incompetent Force meets the Ignorant Object

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Those two actually thought they could coordinate well enough to catch a chair mid swing without Jade getting hit.

Good job no selling a legit hit though.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Chris James 2 posted:

Enough people are getting injured there, they don't need the help

Didn't someone run the numbers recently and WWE still has more injured people than AEW?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just me or has the women revolution turned into the women getting about as much training as they used to only now they have to do dangerous spots

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Didn't someone run the numbers recently and WWE still has more injured people than AEW?

remember when chris james 2 came into the aew thread to "report" will hobbs was injured like 5 days after everyone in the thread had seen the match where he hurt his knee in a completely mundane spot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

is it just me or has the women revolution turned into the women getting about as much training as they used to only now they have to do dangerous spots

At least when they were just untrained they still had knees by the end of it too

The PC has definitely done a lot of damage in ways that are probably gonna get a book written on someday

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Women are more naturally predisposed to ACL injuries than men, so if you want them to wrestle athletically like the men (early in the women's revolution I think the idea was to literally just train them like men), they're going to be taking greater risks. AEW's obviously had injuries too, including ACL tears, but I do think they should tone down on some of the riskier spots on NXT until they're sure the talent is ready to do them properly, especially because they're not making main roster money yet to appropriately compensate them for the risk.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

for some reason cm punk has gotten into shawn michaels ear about making the 20 year old women do more crossfit and take more knee bumps.

keeps tapping his wrist whenever another acl is torn?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The best thing about this is if the dress code was strictly enforced, then Hogan wouldn't be allowed in his own restaurant

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

for some reason cm punk has gotten into shawn michaels ear about making the 20 year old women do more crossfit and take more knee bumps.

keeps tapping his wrist whenever another acl is torn?

ITS HOBBLIN TIME!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

The best thing about this is if the dress code was strictly enforced, then Hogan wouldn't be allowed in his own restaurant

Even the picture of him on the list of rules is breaking a few of them.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Women are more naturally predisposed to ACL injuries than men, so if you want them to wrestle athletically like the men (early in the women's revolution I think the idea was to literally just train them like men), they're going to be taking greater risks. AEW's obviously had injuries too, including ACL tears, but I do think they should tone down on some of the riskier spots on NXT until they're sure the talent is ready to do them properly, especially because they're not making main roster money yet to appropriately compensate them for the risk.

Knee injuries tend to happen because you stepped down a bit weird while kicking, or fumbled a dice roll while jumping casually down the apron, or something stupid like that. Off hand, I can't remember any ACL tear that happened because of a particularly risky move. (not saying that there aren't some)

I think the goon consensus is that they do probably a way too much weight training at the PC, which raises the risk, but that's speculation.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Nxt lately is almost exclusively trained gymnast women doing very cartwheel/flip focused matches.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

0konner posted:

Nxt lately is almost exclusively trained gymnast women doing very cartwheel/flip focused matches.

A few of their best prospects have been gymnasts which, when you think about it, makes sense why people so good at gymnastics would be good at wrestling.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Depends how hard he’d hit the tanning beds that week brother

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they need to sign Jack Cartwheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

TheKingslayer posted:

If you trust any product a wrestler endorses you're dumb as gently caress.

That Athletic non alcoholic beer that Mox was promoting is actually real good