Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Can't wait for the tapes to be played. The piss tapes, that is.

personally looking forward to the remixes of the piss tapes with chapelle in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
They'll play the tapes for the first time and realize everything sounds so distant and echoey cause the microphones are all in the bathroom stalls.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Catastrophe posted:

We do. He just digs in a lot harder and starts spewing made up "facts" about things like paid protesters, "real" Americans, how liberals are the actual ones committing all of the violent crime in the country since the election, and tries to make us believe that most Trump supporters aren't lazy, obese trailer trash from Mississippi. It'd all be funny if he didn't have like 34 rifles.

If it makes you feel better he cannot utilize 34 at the same time should he turn violent. Guns don't work that way.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

If it makes you feel better he cannot utilize 34 at the same time should he turn violent. Guns don't work that way.

If he applied himself hard enough then he totally could. Bootstraps, motherfucker. We

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Tumble posted:

This is exactly why lawyers won't work with him.

like, if you're a lawyer, you work as hard as you possibly can to prevent your client from taking the stand. it's not something you want to happen at all, especially in a case like this.

now imagine your client goes on national TV and says "I'd love to testify under oath"

That's only partly true. In some cases you want or need to have your client take the stand- especially in self-defense murder cases & sexual assaults, especially when children are the alleged victims because the jury needs to hear it straight from the defendant. In depositions, your client must testify.

It is true that you generally want to protect your client from opposing counsel, in a prosecutorial context they have a lot of tricks & tactics ("implied consent" & admission by silence come to mind).

It is also well known that some clients very often mitigate, withhold information from their own counsel, omit potentially damaging facts and sometimes just outright lie.

Trump is a goddamn nightmare scenario for any attorney: too proud by half, prone to over-extending himself, and mired in bad acts. Clients like these often will not heed the advice of counsel, then blame their attorneys when things do not go their way.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Chomp8645 posted:

also if it makes you feel better he will recruit you in his attempt to lay claim on some defensible land in the coming apocalypse, and if you get in early you will be one of this soon to be warlord's favorites

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Did Trump even really say he'd go under oath? His response is so loving incoherent, I don't know if he actually understood the question

quote:

100 percent. I didn’t say “under oath,” I hardly know the man, I’m not gonna say “I want you to pledge allegiance,” who would do that, who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath? I mean think of it, I hardly know the man, it doesn’t make sense. No I didn’t say that and I didn’t say the other.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Can't wait for the tapes to be played. The piss tapes, that is.

I want to see them all. Yes, I'm at this point in my life.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Feminasty Slut posted:

It really is a jim jones style death cult at this point lol

Seriously. Like, people are organizing counter-protests for anti-fascism rallies. In America. In 2017. Because they love him so god-damned much

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeahhh. Multiple people pointed that out. It's not like you can duct tape those all together and fire them all at once or something. If you see someone dragging a giant sack of guns down the street and you only have 2 guns, it's not like you're now at a disadvantage.

He changed the subject to antifa then and wouldn't address the criticism of his "HAWWW MORE GUNS" mentality.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

lol this is pathetic

https://twitter.com/Protrump45/status/873248289478541313

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
First and third options are both true

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

All of the above

Edit: wait no let me change my answer

SlipkPIe posted:

First and third options are both true

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tim Allen grunt (the confused one, not the enthusiastic one)

Lol

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol at anyone who thinks trump makes it to 2018

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

If the senate committee doesn't have a politely worded request to appear before them to testify at the White House within the hour, then they're not doing their jobs.

Something like, "Mr. President, we are delighted to take you up on your offer to testify. Is June 20th okay for you?"

Teikanmi posted:

lol at anyone who thinks trump makes it to 2018

It's been iffy, but I've been hoping he does since if Mr. Three-Scandals-a-Day is taken down the by the republicans before the year is out then the democrats will lose a lot of the momentum they have at the moment. Better that he clings to things for a while longer and prevent things from getting done than letting someone who can actually move their agenda forward in.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 9, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Catastrophe posted:

Ehhh at least in his type of circles. The fact that he gets a boner from talking about the day violence breaks out and he can finally use his guns to murder a bunch of people kind of places him there.

They're the same people who really, really want a zombie apocalypse to happen so they can finally use their guns/katana and be the last remaining man on earth

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Catastrophe posted:

He changed the subject to antifa then and wouldn't address the criticism of his "HAWWW MORE GUNS" mentality.

Owning more than a few guns is basically a big "I'M A BROKE BRAIN" sign similar to someone who purchases 50 real-currency mounts in some stupid online game. They think that each one they add makes them cooler but really to anyone who doesn't stockpile they exact same pointless macguffin it just makes them look more and more deranged.

There is an exception I guess if you're the type who not only owns a bunch of guns but also some form of firing range or other facilities with which the various guns actually get regular use in a professional manner. But your garden variety retard basically just pays several hundred dollars a pop to store dangerous items unsecured under mattresses/literally in a pile because those weapons are their sole sense of self-worth.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
I hope we are ruled by a mad idiot king unto perpetuity

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

One dude in my detachment in South Korea spent the entirety of his per diem money on ammunition and canned food. Like, thousands of dollars worth of ammunition. I wonder how he feels about the current political landscape in america.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sand Dan posted:

I hope we are ruled by a mad idiot king unto perpetuity

Will Eric or Donald Jr be the next in line for the throne?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Owning more than a few guns is basically a big "I'M A BROKE BRAIN" sign similar to someone who purchases 50 real-currency mounts in some stupid online game. They think that each one they add makes them cooler but really to anyone who doesn't stockpile they exact same pointless macguffin it just makes them look more and more deranged.

There is an exception I guess if you're the type who not only owns a bunch of guns but also some form of firing range or other facilities with which the various guns actually get regular use in a professional manner. But your garden variety retard basically just pays several hundred dollars a pop to store dangerous items unsecured under mattresses/literally in a pile because those weapons are their sole sense of self-worth.

High five for using "macguffin"

But yeah he uses his gun stockpile as a "look how tough and dangerous I am compared to all of you" thing. You know, like when a little kid screams "shut up or I'll get my big brother to beat you up." Shows you how brave and manly and tough they are, right?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Chomp8645 posted:

They're used to PROTECT us from $hillary and her cronies in THE GUB'MENT!!!

*votes for candidate who increases military spending for army that could blow someone up with a drone strike before they even hear it coming"

These guns keep me SAFE from TYRANTS!!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

:hmbol: that face

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

It would be so easy to bait Trump into perjury . Just fawn over him for 10 minutes, and make one compliment saying he's slightly less than number one and let him correct you. "Trump, your inauguration crowds were enormous. Fox news reports you had the second highest turnout of the last 4 inaugurations."

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol they fixed the tie length

Perfecto

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Pisssssssss

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer

:five: :hmbol:

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

lol the hands

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico

thats a loving L O L

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

SlipkPIe posted:

Did Trump even really say he'd go under oath? His response is so loving incoherent, I don't know if he actually understood the question

this is exactly correct - you cannot actually demonstrate that a lot of what he says is false for the very same reason you cant really say any of the word salad is true for a given practical situation- but you never have to actually demonstrate truths because theres much less scrutiny applied to his nonsense speech when not actively looking for untruths

effectively, by saying nothings (that sound like somethings) you can inadvertently convey what people interpret as truths while avoiding most falsehoods

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Voted 5; would :hmbol: again.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Was this goon made? Please be true :allears:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Lil Peeler posted:

Was this goon made? Please be true :allears:

But only because it's Friday and I'm a no-lifer :colbert:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

dazza lol

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So whos gonna tweet this back at the reality denier?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Teikanmi posted:

They're the same people who really, really want a zombie apocalypse to happen so they can finally use their guns/katana and be the last remaining man on earth

My thought on global plague/zombie attack/alien invasion is "If the power goes out for more than three consecutive days, it's suicide time."

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Avirosb posted:

But only because it's Friday and I'm a no-lifer :colbert:

Finally, the bad Trump thread produces something of worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Thirsty Girl posted:

this is exactly correct - you cannot actually demonstrate that a lot of what he says is false for the very same reason you cant really say any of the word salad is true for a given practical situation- but you never have to actually demonstrate truths because theres much less scrutiny applied to his nonsense speech when not actively looking for untruths

effectively, by saying nothings (that sound like somethings) you can inadvertently convey what people interpret as truths while avoiding most falsehoods

lol US law doesn't really work that way.

You can't just invoke the "Nah Nah I'm Not Really Touching You" law and have it apply. Like, I can't go into a store and say "It would be a shame if something "HAPPENED" to your store if you didn't give me some money" and get away with it because I threw up some strategic air quotes at the right time.

Most of the time Trump gets away with lying because it's not really worth the time and effort to call him out on stuff - that's been his M.O for years. Now though, his words are actually under a lot of scrutiny and he just cannot handle it. He's unable to realize that all of his statements are public record and subject to a hell of a lot of official attention.

Trump said he was willing to testify under oath during a press conference, he won't be weaseling out of that because he's a lovely speaker. (He may just ignore it and act like it never happened, but the most likely way Trump ever actually gets under oath is against his will anyways; it'll be Mueller forcing him, I think.)

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 9, 2017