Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Kuiperdolin posted:

Wait, you can recruit allied heroes??

It's an exploit related to borrowing an army with heroes inside IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kuiperdolin posted:

Wait, you can recruit allied heroes??

Use the allegiance ability to take over an allied army, and you can remove their heroes and force them into your army.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

DeathSandwich posted:

So I tried getting that SCM norsca overhaul but it just immediately crashes my game on launch. The only other mod I have enabled is a 50% move speed march stance cost that hasnt ever interacted with anything.

Mod notes dont specify requiring any other dependencies, so I figured I'd ask here.

You got mixer's unlocker (you basically always need this mod for new factions) and the audio mixer mod as well? it's working for me with a bunch of other mods as well.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Ayyy, looks like Outriders' weapons finally work like they're supposed to now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Silly question time! do I need to have TW 1 or 2 installed to play the original or dlc campaigns from them?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

How do thunderers with grudgerakers stack up against blunderbusses? Is there anyone with a good numbers breakdown on that?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Raged posted:

Silly question time! do I need to have TW 1 or 2 installed to play the original or dlc campaigns from them?

yes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Dandywalken posted:

lol that still rules tho. belated congrats!

when it happened people were trying to figure out how to use lua and building a framework for UI editing. Voice replacement was a big theoretical possibility that was never gonna happen.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Raged posted:

Like, in their original state? Yes, all the quality of life changes from the later games for the old factions didn't backport into their original games.

In terms of just like playing dwarves or empire in game 3? No you don't have to have 1 and 2 installed. You do have to own game one (or the respective game two Dwarf/Empire DLC) in steam to be able to play anyone that isn't the new DLC lords though. It just doesn't make you have the first game installed, the licensing engine in stream figures that part out.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I like that the new slayer doomseekers are little mini-kratos with their chain axe animations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mordja posted:

Ayyy, looks like Outriders' weapons finally work like they're supposed to now.

what do you mean?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it's warham tradition at this point for a new update to come out and bring everyone back to an empire run

Raged posted:

to elaborate on what was already said;

you don't need it installed, just owned, to play them in immortal empires

to play their non-IE campaigns you do, but as a warning/sometimes-bonus they'll play as they are in 1/2, without the engine (")improvements(") of the newer games as it wasn't back patched, typically.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

For me the main qol improvement is the equipment interface, the old one was so bad. And now respec without a mod, I guess.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah if you want to play Vortex or the BM/WE minicampaigns you need to install the old games again.

Kuiperdolin posted:

For me the main qol improvement is the equipment interface, the old one was so bad. And now respec without a mod, I guess.

Personally I can't deal with the old diplomacy screen, the lack of concrete numbers or not having a "make the deal work" button. And if you go back to WH1, the terrible, pre-rework WH1 races.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
6 building slots for province capitols, blech. Oh god, and deploying heroes.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

what do you mean?
I'm pretty sure they now fire in a burst.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dr Christmas posted:

6 building slots for province capitols, blech. Oh god, and deploying heroes.

What, don't like being mobbed on the campaign map by 6 banshees that chain assassinate your lord every turn?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gah!

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Third World Reagan posted:

pre-orders still not available

I am gonna say that they are not gonna give the 10% off for pre-orders

From the first ToD blog:

quote:

Thrones of Decay will be available to buy as a complete bundle at a discounted rate of $22.92/£19.10/€22.92.

Each individual pack will be available to purchase for $8.99/£7.49/€8.99 per pack.

If you purchase the packs individually on Steam, you’ll receive a 15% discount on the remaining packs when you complete your collection.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Take my money already, sheesh.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

not a bot posted:

From the first ToD blog:

Nice

it still isn't available yet

and I still don't trust them with their price hikes to put a discount

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tankbuster posted:

what do you mean?

Despite their model holding repeater rifles, they were always essentially handgunners on horses. Now they properly fire in bursts.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ravenfood posted:

Franz' upcoming buffs to state troops are also really cool in terms of encouraging a real "combined strength of the Empire" feel. The only downside is that since DLC units can't be added to the state troops you're stuck with the base roster and a ton of superfluous knights (since he makes Reiksguard so good).

Every non-Reiksguard is a bit harder to justify for the mental load of having to remember what the gently caress their deal is and matching it to a certain enemy type. Knights of the Blazing Sun's gimmicks are basically useless against most of the chaos roster(s). Best to just keep it simple and use Franz's super-charged Reiksguard who are basically pretty good against basically everything.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
There is something immensely awkward about Imrick trying to be all buddy-buddy with me, completely unaware that I have forcibly converted Ulthuan and a portion of its citizenry into a nature preserve (Not that I am complaining).

SkySteak fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 25, 2024

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

AI Imrik never confeds Caledor iirc and thus doesn't have any diplomacy with the other elves. All he knows is that you're beating the poo poo out of Ku'gath and Ghorst and he is very excited to get in on that action

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I am playing a ghorst capagn to tide me over until ToD and I have just choked Imrik to death with a horde off zombies.

They have 35 melee attack and cost 15 upkeep.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I still love that playing on easy makes you think you are bad at the game because of auto resolve telling you that you could easily win the fight

except it is counting your army like it had 30 units instead of 20, and you lose manually

then the AI bringing more troops to fight you on easy since your auto resolve values are inflated

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

jokes posted:

Every non-Reiksguard is a bit harder to justify for the mental load of having to remember what the gently caress their deal is and matching it to a certain enemy type. Knights of the Blazing Sun's gimmicks are basically useless against most of the chaos roster(s). Best to just keep it simple and use Franz's super-charged Reiksguard who are basically pretty good against basically everything.

Doesn't fire damage bypass physical resist? If not, it's still useful against trolls and skinwolves when fighting norsca, and if the wood elves start getting feisty. There's also the built in synergy with fire wizards too if you can manage it.

It just becomes more of a liability if you start having to fight chorfs though.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

AI Imrik never confeds Caledor iirc and thus doesn't have any diplomacy with the other elves. All he knows is that you're beating the poo poo out of Ku'gath and Ghorst and he is very excited to get in on that action

The in-world depressing matchup of Imrick not knowing his home got re-forested versus Eltharion the Grim knowing but being stuck in a perpetual stare-off with N'kari whilst his home becomes a Slaaneshi no-mans-land.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I'm pretty sure they now fire in a burst.

if they shoot ya, it's gonna hurt

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SkySteak posted:

The in-world depressing matchup of Imrick not knowing his home got re-forested versus Eltharion the Grim knowing but being stuck in a perpetual stare-off with N'kari whilst his home becomes a Slaaneshi no-mans-land.

In the End Times books, Imrik joined the dark elves because he was that personally pissed off at Tyrion and Teclis.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Impermanent posted:

if they shoot ya, it's gonna hurt

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Third World Reagan posted:

and I still don't trust them with their price hikes to put a discount

They've had a pre-purchase discount on DLC for every single piece of DLC since game 2 (I don't recall game 1 well enough to speak to that), including for the price hiked DLC.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I decided to play a Setra campaign on very hard while waiting for the new release and its not that bad. I took out the first enemies then Manfred, Volkmar, then took a break with the rest of Repanse's forces about to be destroyed in their last settlement. I already took out Arkhan's stack too. Skarbrand is probably going to attack me very soon so I'm going to have to split my two stacks apart while I mop up Arkhan but I was like 7 turns away from having a third.

My strategy was to go hard on his super buffed tomb guard and hope that carries me until I get the higher tier units and it has. They have like 46 melee attack, 76 defense and 90 armor right now before even getting the final red line skill. Hopefully that stands up to Skarbrand but I also have Ushtabi bowmen to help take him down.

Setra himself on his chariot with the banner that gives wayfarer is really funny too, he just burns donuts around the battlefield and slams into units taking half their hp in one charge. He's at around 110 speed and 130 charge already and I haven't even dipped unto his combat line yet. I disregarded his magic line and just recruited a death caster because the tomb king's exclusive school looks to be pretty garbage.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
all these dumb videos have got me hyped for this thing. they must have lit a fire under them after all the rancor over the last one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

uber_stoat posted:

all these dumb videos have got me hyped for this thing. they must have lit a fire under them after all the rancor over the last one.
That and they probably got more resources and more freedom to do fun things rather than just... do the bare minimum to try to maintain the status quo.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

TaintedBalance posted:

They've had a pre-purchase discount on DLC for every single piece of DLC since game 2 (I don't recall game 1 well enough to speak to that), including for the price hiked DLC.

I mean game 1 Brett was fully freelc. I think the dual lord packs (grim and the grave, ect) were like $10 a throw, but those were decidedly smaller scope than their current dlc releases.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Thanks for all the effortposting about allies! I learned a lot. My Brettonian army got repulsed by Settra at the Black Pyramid, but then I called up four units of dwarf warriors to toughen up my front line and beat them on the second try!

I've never played out a Repanse campaign before and it's pretty interesting, I was on such a forced-march responding to Skarbrand and Beastmen and Mannfred that I basically never had time to consolidate or strengthen my army enough to roll.

Now it's all either mine or my Dwarf/Empire/Lizardmen allies', and I'm not entirely sure which way to go next. North of Khemri is all inhospitable wastelands that I razed, I already conquered Sarcosa, maybe it's time to liberate the southern old world? Or try to go home and confederate Brettonnia? What's the general advice on a Repanse late-game?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

once you get oops all fire for repanse, everything becomes tinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dolash posted:

Thanks for all the effortposting about allies! I learned a lot. My Brettonian army got repulsed by Settra at the Black Pyramid, but then I called up four units of dwarf warriors to toughen up my front line and beat them on the second try!

I've never played out a Repanse campaign before and it's pretty interesting, I was on such a forced-march responding to Skarbrand and Beastmen and Mannfred that I basically never had time to consolidate or strengthen my army enough to roll.

Now it's all either mine or my Dwarf/Empire/Lizardmen allies', and I'm not entirely sure which way to go next. North of Khemri is all inhospitable wastelands that I razed, I already conquered Sarcosa, maybe it's time to liberate the southern old world? Or try to go home and confederate Brettonnia? What's the general advice on a Repanse late-game?

Frontline? As Bretonnia?