Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kennel posted:

I think the goon consensus is that they do probably a way too much weight training at the PC, which raises the risk, but that's speculation.

That and Crossfit, yeah. Way too many wrestlers are into Crossfit.

0konner posted:

Nxt lately is almost exclusively trained gymnast women doing very cartwheel/flip focused matches.

AEW's tendency with women's matches seems to be making them run at each other and attempt like five spinny reversals in a row. I legit don't understand why a lot of those matches are laid out the way they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cack Shartwheel

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Spuckuk posted:

That Athletic non alcoholic beer that Mox was promoting is actually real good

They have some shockingly good varieties. You'd never think an NA Stout would be worth drinking.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Happy Kane Day!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Happy MAY NINETEENTH

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Busting out See No Evil in honor of the special day. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I make fun of advertising marketing gimmicks pretty much every day but I have to say that May Nineteenth was one of the best ever. That movie was pure poo poo from an rear end but all these years later we still remember it's release date

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

I make fun of advertising marketing gimmicks pretty much every day but I have to say that May Nineteenth was one of the best ever. That movie was pure poo poo from an rear end but all these years later we still remember it's release date

Lol I totally forgot it was See No Evil's release date. I just remembered it as another lovely Kane angle

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dango Bango posted:

Lol I totally forgot it was See No Evil's release date. I just remembered it as another lovely Kane angle

The crowd for the blowoff match was as quiet as those empty arenas in the early pandemic. You could hear a pin drop

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Happy Kane Day!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Happy MAY NINETEENTH

To all who celebrate

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

The best thing about this is if the dress code was strictly enforced, then Hogan wouldn't be allowed in his own restaurant

Frank Wilhoit posted:

”Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect”

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Kvantum posted:

They have some shockingly good varieties. You'd never think an NA Stout would be worth drinking.

Oddly enough their stout is not my favorite. But they had a limited edition coffee porter called Suped Up that I thought was delicious.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

May the 19th be with you

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Kane and Big Show's May 19th shenanigans were delightful, it's pretty funny to remember how much of Kane's legacy consists of surprisingly great comedy work. Not really shocking though, considering her started out in the WWE as a loving dentist.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I wonder if there's an audiobook of JiD out there to celebrate with.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Kane and Big Show's May 19th shenanigans were delightful, it's pretty funny to remember how much of Kane's legacy consists of surprisingly great comedy work. Not really shocking though, considering her started out in the WWE as a loving dentist.

was that the feud where they decided to chain wrestle for several minutes? that was pretty funny

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Busting out See No Evil in honor of the special day. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

i was friends with a group of guys who always wanted to watch horror movies after coming back from parties in college, and i remember that being put on one night. that eye scene. 🥴 🥴 🥴

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

See No Evil has a couple of neat scenes but they don't justify the rest of that dull rear end time. The sequel is even more boring because they're just in some generic building instead of a neat looking set.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm rewatching the first now. The sequel is way better because it's not ugly as sin, the characters are more fun, the Soska Sisters are more competent directors, Kane looks cooler, and I liked the morgue location a lot. Neither are particularly good, but the first one is lean and quick and has solid kills (and a terrible cast and nonsensical motivations) while the second one gives him a bunch of crazy weapons and is somehow meaner and more morbid. So they're both fun as group watch novelties.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kane's May 19 shenanigans were cheeky and fun

Glen Jacobs' COVID 19 shenanigans were cruel and tragic

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm rewatching the first now. The sequel is way better because it's not ugly as sin, the characters are more fun, the Soska Sisters are more competent directors, Kane looks cooler, and I liked the morgue location a lot. Neither are particularly good, but the first one is lean and quick and has solid kills (and a terrible cast and nonsensical motivations) while the second one gives him a bunch of crazy weapons and is somehow meaner and more morbid. So they're both fun as group watch novelties.

I may have to give the second another shot then since your watch is fresher than mine for sure. It's slasher season after all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Soska Sisters are unfortunately chuds 😔

which means they're perfect to direct a horror movie starring Glenn "Kane" Jacobs

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Soska Sister's helicopter spun into the chud seas. There were no survivors.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The sequel is more unapologetic about things like "motivation" for Kane or "sense" about the location they are in. It's like, Kane is delivered to the morgue where a bunch of your usual suspects of victims get stuck, he wakes up and murders them while they try to leave what has suddenly become a maze. It's stripped to the bones and doesn't care about stuff like religion or whether architecture makes sense.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The337th posted:

Kane's May 19 shenanigans were cheeky and fun

Glen Jacobs' COVID 19 shenanigans were cruel and tragic

Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Evil shenanigans.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"See No Evil" I said, as I canceled my NJPW World subscription.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

the Soska Sisters are more competent directors

I saw that their Festival of the Living Dead just dropped on Tubi this month, gonna check it out later in the week. I remember liking their Rabid remake

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how babout cena evil?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CobiWann posted:

Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really.

TheKingslayer posted:

Evil shenanigans.

I swear to God I’ll pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 20, 2024

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DogsInSpace! posted:

Hey what's that restaurant with all the goofy poo poo on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

how babout cena evil?

No wonder he never turn heel u can’t see him

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Hey what's that restaurant with all the goofy poo poo on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

You mean Shenanigans?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

You mean Shenanigans?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DogsInSpace! posted:

poster, pistol whip thyself

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/solsrvca/status/1792719259694723306

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Did Lacey Evans do his makeup?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TheKingslayer posted:

Did Lacey Evans do his makeup?

werewolves and sweet tea: the lacey evans story

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I used to think the whole werewolf controversy was dumb but now it’s actually really funny. I guess it is true that time + tragedy = comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

they got my man on the johnny b badd regimen