Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Please don't look at my monthly pap-rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mederlock posted:

No, I never even insinuated that, but nice try at the ole Strawman schtick. I'm just advocating doing the bare minimum 10-20 paps per month that's expected during wartime, and to jump clone back to Delve if a major engagement is going down while you're active doing something else. History has shown that some people can't even manage that when they're too busy Krabbing in a Hole or Hi-Sec to help their alliance out. Personally, I won't take work off or blow off my family to play a video game, even if we're in dire straits, but when I am available to contribute, I do. I get 20+ paps a month and I only play a couple hours every few days, and a bit more on my days off.

Will someone please give this guy a medal for all his paps. He seems very proud of them.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Paps are nice and defending the motherland is good and honorable work. But never lose sight of the fact that Eve's purpose is to give us something to :justpost: about.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i have 69 paps today alone

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Baculus posted:

To be fair Xenuria is just Mittens with no goons and a traumatic brain injury.

Don’t forget the feminine birthing hips

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Solus posted:

Don’t forget the feminine birthing hips

I don't want to know

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
~die for teh swarm~

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Snuff doesnt have PaPs and its really hurting my will to play eve :smith:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Madcows collected 69 paps in a week once, was legit

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Foehammer007 posted:

Madcows collected 69 paps in a week once, was legit

nice

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Will someone please give this guy a medal for all his paps. He seems very proud of them.

Can't stop won't stop till I hit 69420 paps, bebe.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Why does a goon need paps? Join goonwaffe. Am I missing something?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Goonwaffe is good but Amokdotte is better

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Zaradis posted:

Why does a goon need paps? Join goonwaffe. Am I missing something?

people join other bad corps because they know their posting is not of the grade expected of the posting brahman caste

should i join a bad null sec alliance to teach myself how to fc? any alliance that approaches competence won't just let you FC so I'd need to find some real shitters with bright-eyed, bushy-tailed newbies to follow me while I learn and inevitably gently caress up a bunch

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

people join other bad corps because they know their posting is not of the grade expected of the posting brahman caste

should i join a bad null sec alliance to teach myself how to fc? any alliance that approaches competence won't just let you FC so I'd need to find some real shitters with bright-eyed, bushy-tailed newbies to follow me while I learn and inevitably gently caress up a bunch

are you calling the imperium incompetent? :smith:

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Warrior Princess posted:

are you calling the imperium incompetent? :smith:

you'd be correct but im still gonna be sad about it

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

i absolutely would not do the grind on my jf character, but I have solved the problem entirely by not doing any of it at all and telling the person that thought up this idiot plan to eat poo poo

Tau floated the idea of us getting standings and it was shot down within minutes and turned into a huge meme fest and then promptly forgotten about.

Also apparently there are some Trigg sites in there where you can literally make bank with 5 people in a fleet. It's apparently the new isk faucet CCP hasn't gotten around to fixing yet.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
F to our forti, drat you snuffed :(

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Loky11 posted:

Also apparently there are some Trigg sites in there where you can literally make bank with 5 people in a fleet. It's apparently the new isk faucet CCP hasn't gotten around to fixing yet.

Do you have any other details on this? A new isk faucet would go a long way towards stacking my hanger deep with more BS and Logi. :sun:

capn
Nov 30, 2004

Arrr, It's touchin' me balls

Mederlock posted:

Do you have any other details on this? A new isk faucet would go a long way towards stacking my hanger deep with more BS and Logi. :sun:

The main issue is the standings grind to get access to the gates that lead to the higher value sites.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

capn posted:

The main issue is the standings grind to get access to the gates that lead to the higher value sites.

Ah, so I'm guessing they're the anoms in "Home"? Systems in triangle space that don't gently caress up your Trig standings, once you've ground out the 7.0 standings?

thingul
Mar 2, 2005

Aqua posted:

cheers, used and signed up. Totally overwhelmed, but enjoying myself!

Have you gotten into waffe yet? And if so, what is your evedudes name so we can shower you with some isk

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

I don't want to know

that's one of mine, dude posted a lot of pictures of himself and he has very wide hips and gets mad at it bring pointed out

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that's one of mine, dude posted a lot of pictures of himself and he has very wide hips and gets mad at it bring pointed out

orange juche posted:

I don't want to know

:mad:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Join goonwaffe, join skirmish fcs, get a ping out for a suicide fleet in t1 destroyers or cruisers and people will gladly follow you to Valhalla.

Or put an alt in KFU and take newbies on frigate roams in lowsec.

The bottleneck in EVE isn't isk or ships or people willing to die, it's people who are willing to point the way towards fights.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mederlock posted:

Because if they're in the alliance and benefiting from the structure, infrastructure, and group dynamics of our group, and said alliance is facing an existential threat that needs all hands on deck to face, it's a basic and reasonable expectation for them to partake in the defense of our space. Our other groups like krabswarm and incursion Squad don't seem to have a problem with contributing to our mutual defense.

That's fair, although if your time is spent attacking papi in their home regions, I would say that that's excusable. Just need to be able to jump clone back (or use an alt) for the really important engagements in Delve.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You are a goon. You have 5k+ posts on this forum, which most EVE 'goons' don't even know about. You should be in GSF already.

That's also my serious answer since I'm sure I could have been FC'ing in Delta for a long time if I'd wanted, and I know basically nothing about pvp or fleet combat, although presumably mainfleet would be trickier

e: we are also bad and incompetent, and proud of it, if you want ~*elite pvp*~ (i.e. never undocking unless you have at least 3-to-1 odds) join Pandemic

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 4, 2021

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

I'd need to find some real shitters with bright-eyed, bushy-tailed newbies

lmao

Phlegmish posted:

e: we are also bad and incompetent, and proud of it, if you want ~*elite pvp*~ (i.e. never undocking unless you have at least 3-to-1 odds) join Pandemic

an affectionate lmao, i should say

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 4, 2021

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's never too late to step up when your forum needs you

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

That's fair, although if your time is spent attacking papi in their home regions, I would say that that's excusable. Just need to be able to jump clone back (or use an alt) for the really important engagements in Delve.

100% agree, I'm just saying that farming Triangle space, incursions, wormholes, etc. with your 100 [theoretical] friends and then never stopping your Krabbing a few times a month to come and help out with the bare minimum by attacking our enemy or supporting us/our allies in their deployments would be lovely, that's all. Now that the rotting corpse of the horse has been thoroughly beaten, I'm in need of some very important fitting advice. When fitting out a glorious Badger-class starship for the pilgrimage to MeW6Va, should one fit a burst jammer or a sensor damp in the mids to weed out the non-committal amongst our would-be highwaymen? Much more importantly... Do I bring the Prostitutes along for the journey, or the Exotic Dancers, Male?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure there are no formal requirements, just try to be extra/original and then post goodly about your journey in Helldump later

Looking back at my own badger journey in January it was probably too barebones, I also only made it two jumps

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

No more standings requirement for most of the Pochven gates, saves me the month of grinding I was just about to embark on :haw:

Though this probably makes it even less worth going there in the first place.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

I don't want to know

Xenuria once did one of those bodymass index text to show everyone how fit he suposedly is. Deadtear told Xenuria he had birthing hips, something xenuria vehemently argued against for weeks

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

I've lowered the posting expectations as much as I could. Anyone who can't clear that bar should join TEST

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

You are a goon. You have 5k+ posts on this forum, which most EVE 'goons' don't even know about. You should be in GSF already.

That's also my serious answer since I'm sure I could have been FC'ing in Delta for a long time if I'd wanted, and I know basically nothing about pvp or fleet combat, although presumably mainfleet would be trickier

The problem I had with the Skirmish FC group, which I did join during my last go-round in goons, had to do with the war. Given the increased activity, I was competing with the big name FCs for people, and the engagements that were available to take revolved around being outnumbered in Ihubs. Which like, yeah taking dramafleet out with burst jammers and making problems for the sov wanders is funny, but doesnt teach me a whole lot about being an FC

the other problem i had was when i tried to organize "local" content, typically thru the black ops discord, was that goons were expecting the Zungen or Kunmi experience, meaning they sit quietly until i spoonfeed them a cap kill. the sorts of content i had the resources and expertise to facilitate required some more active participation and it was hard finding willing GSF members

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Me shilling for Delta probably won't come as a surprise, but that does genuinely sound like the sort of thing we do. We don't wait around for pings, we just see if there's something to be done, and go out and do it. Sax is probably our most well-known (and successful) gimmick, but it can be anything - for the past month or two, with a handful of guys we've been causing all sorts of havoc in Legacy space, in our own modest way.

Some new irregular squads are being set up as well, and I'm sure they'd appreciate a good FC, too.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dalael posted:

Xenuria once did one of those bodymass index text to show everyone how fit he suposedly is. Deadtear told Xenuria he had birthing hips, something xenuria vehemently argued against for weeks

dude posted videos to YouTube of him doing a wide plank for like 15 seconds and crowing about how he's in killer shape

also re: the VtM larp thing, in the thubmnails for Xenuria's other YouTube videos (my god, why were there so many of them), the room is painted blood red INCLUDING THE CEILING, with black trim and IIRC black satin bed linens

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh yeah his whatever was worse than bathdoom

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

EVE Online Patch Notees posted:

Triglavian Collective:
Removed standing requirements from Pochven loop gates to increase accessibility to the region. The standing requirements for Home Systems remain the same.

Ok, maybe I'll finally check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I bet all 10 people that live in Pochven and went through grinding standings to use the gates are upset about the change.