Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I had to buy the ending when I only rented the drat thing and I still think Asura's Wrath was super rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Asura's Wrath is less of a game than Gone Home is

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Take any money you were going to spend on Asura's Wrath and use it to give people gift copies of Revengance. And I mean physical disks, to random people on the street.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do that and then get Asura's Wrath for five dollars because it's the best anime that's come out in the last 2 years.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Asura's Wrath is less of a game than Gone Home is

But even then it's a way more entertaining experience than that pretentious nothing called gone home.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

But even then it's a way more entertaining experience than that pretentious nothing called gone home.

Nah, Gone Home is really good while Asura's Wrath is just bad action scenes

E: Gone Home has objectives beyond "Do a QTE"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is the objective to sit there for three hours while reading text?

EDIT: I swear to god if this somehow turns into Gone Home vs Asura's Wrath it will be the dumbest conversation this thread has had.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Beef Waifu posted:

EDIT: I swear to god if this somehow turns into Gone Home vs Asura's Wrath it will be the dumbest conversation this thread has had.

It already has and it already is.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Better stop talking poo poo about Asura's Wrath.

The only poo poo I will give it is putting the real ending behind a DLC.

Dick move Capcom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean the gameplay's not good, but that game is a game that has nothing but fantastic everything else so I just call it a great anime at that point, because it's p much what it is. The Street Fighter DLC is especially godlike.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Better stop talking poo poo about Asura's Wrath.

The only poo poo I will give it is putting the real ending behind a DLC.

Dick move Capcom.

The number of shadow franchises Capcom owns astounds me. Power Stone, Maximo, Asura's Wrath...they all seem like they'd be made by people trying to compete with Capcom games for some reason.

Edit: Zack & Wiki's Quest for Barbaros' Treasure sequel when

Next-Jin Engine fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 21, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:smith:

Aww why you had to remind me of Maximo.

God such a good GNG revision. I loved all of that game. Every single part of it. It was GNG in 3D form, and they made it right the first time. The sequel was pretty great. I"m still sad we never got a third game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Capcom's always had like this myriad of licenses for just random vanity projects that people would make and would do nothing with them because they didn't sell for poo poo, which is really funny as that probably did not help their money issues that currently exist.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Now I want a new or, hell, even a re-release of Power Stone with online play. You would think that would be a no-brainer, but not when it's owner is hemorrhaging money to the point where they had to make the next game in their biggest franchise a PlayStation exclusive.

And don't even get me started on Mega Man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Charles Martel posted:

Now I want a new or, hell, even a re-release of Power Stone with online play. You would think that would be a no-brainer, but not when it's owner is hemorrhaging money to the point where they had to make the next game in their biggest franchise a PlayStation exclusive.

And don't even get me started on Mega Man.

Capcom dies, Nintendo buys Mega Man

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Capcom dies, Nintendo buys Mega Man

Whatever. Just give me an official Mega Man 11. And 12.

vvvv In a post-Smash Bros. world, I guess you're right, but man was that game fun. :unsmith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Power Stone would legit make 0 dollars and that would be a worst investment of Capcom's money than a new Darkstalkers.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Power Stone would legit make 0 dollars and that would be a worst investment of Capcom's money than a new Darkstalkers.

Yeah despite loving every moment of having and playing power stone 2 back in the dream cast days I fully recognize that it's an old relic made obsolete by smash bros.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah despite loving every moment of having and playing power stone 2 back in the dream cast days I fully recognize that it's an old relic made obsolete by smash bros.

Nintendo buys Power Stone, incorporates it into 1 minigame for WarioWare Wii U.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Capcom dies, Comcept buys Mega Man

There you go.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

There you go.

Let's first see how keiji Inafune handles mighty number nine, if he succeeds he deserves megaman again, if he fucks up, Reggie's body gets to have it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

The Street Fighter DLC is especially godlike.

That i'll give it. I watched that and it was sufficiently cool as hell.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

What is everyone's favorite lesser-known LP? I started Disaster: Day of Crisis today and am really enjoying it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Streetwise, it's always Streetwise.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
My top ten is up.

Asura's Wrath is not on it.

Nor should it be on anyone's top ten.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

My top ten is up.

goblins and gnomes

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

goldblums eyes posted:

What is everyone's favorite lesser-known LP? I started Disaster: Day of Crisis today and am really enjoying it.

Either Punch Out or LA Noire. Both of which Plague of Gripes did really great animation things of.

EDIT: If you mean full LP that's not Downpour or a radical game then probably Streetwise also.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 21, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

My top ten is up.

I'm sorry Matt.

I don't give 10 shits about the gameplay but everything was over the top stupid I ended up liking it. Imagine Max's reactions coming from me constantly while playing it. I don't really know what my top 10 is actually, I just wouldn't mind if it was on someone elses

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

goldblums eyes posted:

Spindash Quick Looks: Shadow the Hedgehog, because never have I seen a game commit Sudoku with such impeccable timing in my life.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm sorry Matt.

I don't give 10 shits about the gameplay but everything was over the top stupid I ended up liking it. Imagine Max's reactions coming from me constantly while playing it. I don't really know what my top 10 is actually, I just wouldn't mind if it was on someone elses

I dunno if Matt's made his feelings clear on it, but I remember Woolie describing their problems at Magfest as being "It doesn't understand scale" as the major complaint, which I found weird because the game does have a sense of scale in its own unique way, but this is not the time and the place for this I suppose.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Asura's Wrath came out in 2012, so it can't be on anyone's lists even if they did like it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

My top ten is up.

Nobody can tell you you didn't get a list up on time

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Beef Waifu posted:

Also Asura's Wrath came out in 2012, so it can't be on anyone's lists even if they did like it.

We started a full LP of it a year ago, but Capcom gave us a copyright strike for uploading it as an unlisted video. We might return to it someday (maybe on the website) to properly explain to the dozens of people that like the game why their opinions are wrong.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

TheRealestMatt posted:

We started a full LP of it a year ago, but Capcom gave us a copyright strike for uploading it as an unlisted video. We might return to it someday (maybe on the website) to properly explain to the dozens of people that like the game why their opinions are wrong.

I don't know if I'd want to see that. I think I appreciate you guys the most when you're either presenting the hypest fighting, or running through the wrongest definitions of survival horror (Silent Hill, Evil Within, Murdered Soul Suspect, Disaster, Sonic 06) in an attempt to uncork Pat's rage. Getting disappointed across 7 hours of bombastic fighting doesn't sound like such a fun time. Best I think to chalk it up to an AVGN-style analysis or something and let it go.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Just be aware that if you want to slam other peoples favorite games that you gotta be open to people who think KI or whatever game you like at the moment is dumb awful garbage v:v:v

Cause that's how it works you see.

On topic though man I really didn't like Link Between Worlds and the video reasons on enjoying it seemed so alien to me. The game's first three dungeons were easy and I expected that but when I got to the dark world I felt the openness actually hurt the game. With the "go anywhere do anything in any order" design I felt like Nintendo was afraid of ever really elevating the challenge because "what if the player wanders into a dungeon that's TOO hard?"

It got to the point where I had Turtle Rock (or whatever the lake one was) and I finished the dungeon in about 7-10 minutes because the puzzles were so mindless and easy. It also hurt that multiple items weren't used per dungeon. If you enter aforementioned turtle rock late in the game all you needed was the Ice Rod, I'd have hammers boomerangs all this junk but none of it mattered because the game only cared that I had the entry ticket item.

I dunno, it's not a bad game I won't argue that, but I do think it was way too easy for it's own good and I couldn't really return to it because of that. Yuga's theme tho is still pretty good.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GizTr6QLfc

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

YEAAHH KILLER INSTINCT

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just be aware that if you want to slam other peoples favorite games that you gotta be open to people who think KI or whatever game you like at the moment is dumb awful garbage v:v:v

Cause that's how it works you see.

A) I'm pretty sure he gets poo poo here and there on his like of Killer Instinct, hence the big giant check schtick (SHILLING PURPOSES)

B) If you really dig Asura's Wrath and don't wanna watch a video of 4 guys just making GBS threads all over it you... don't watch it? I lucked out that they're normal people most of the time and liked RE4 but if it was a video of Matt making GBS threads all over it I wouldn't watch that. I'd just run him down with my car or something.

C) Link Between Worlds was fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can't believe Rising is only Six. That's nuts.