Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Cool, just let us know when you're back what you want from the vault and we'll send it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Laughing so hard.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Is this the new Arby's ad campaign?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm trying to enjoy the latest storyline expansion, but goddamn it's still one hallway fight after another, and it's making me really regret not picking a stealth class to go through it.

also everytime i log in on the dude, it's still talking about the victory in Makeb.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I followed this advice and ended up with another I-08 requisition and a Tythian lightsaber. A+, would follow again.

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'm trying to enjoy the latest storyline expansion, but goddamn it's still one hallway fight after another, and it's making me really regret not picking a stealth class to go through it.

also everytime i log in on the dude, it's still talking about the victory in Makeb.

KotFE? Early on it definitely feels like corridor after corridor of Skytroopers. Also yes, the Makeb text is all I ever get these days although it did briefly update between KotFE and KotET before bugging back to Makeb, I think.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
So I've been playing this.

Is there any point from a non-story perspective to alignment? The alignment vendors seem like they have out of date crap.

How about crew skills? Should I bother with them?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Glass of Milk posted:

Is there any point from a non-story perspective to alignment?

No.

quote:

How about crew skills? Should I bother with them?

Only if you plan to play seriously at endgame and want to make your own stims, augments, mods, etc. Crafting is more about saving creds than making creds. Taking Arch/Scav/Slicing will give you the most FP shortcuts.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Fargin Icehole posted:

Stealth class doesn't matter. You get auto pulled into combat by spawning waves of Skytroopers starting with the Firebrand mission. They don't agro you first, but will agro your companion.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Remember you can always ghetto stealth that stuff. Don't stop and fight everything, just run until you get to a point where you have to click a door or object and /stuck. Respawn right there. Few credits of repair costs are better than fighting wave after wave of skytrooper.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

No.

Only if you plan to play seriously at endgame and want to make your own stims, augments, mods, etc. Crafting is more about saving creds than making creds. Taking Arch/Scav/Slicing will give you the most FP shortcuts.

Crew skills are also good for farming up low-effort money, if you're in need/want of that.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Give me the deets on low effort crew skill cash, I've got an intergalactic family to feed.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna take a break from this for a few months till some new story content pops out. See y'all this fall :10bux:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I've been casually playing through the IA story and holy gently caress is it dark. I just murdered in cold blood an imperial officer lady, on my own side, because she was slightly incompetent. I feel evil.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've been casually playing through the IA story and holy gently caress is it dark. I just murdered in cold blood an imperial officer lady, on my own side, because she was slightly incompetent. I feel evil.

Purely subjective of course, but in my opinion the story becomes even better for IA in acts 2 and 3 while staying just as dark if that's how you like it. I may be biased though since it was the first character I got to 50 when the game came out.

Anyway, have fun! :toot:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

You gave her the mercy of a quick death compared to being choked/fried by the next bored Sith that came passing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Guys quick question is there a way to set the 'default' grade for doing gathering missions? It's slightly annoying having to click on the little grade box and select a lower level each time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Guys quick question is there a way to set the 'default' grade for doing gathering missions? It's slightly annoying having to click on the little grade box and select a lower level each time.

Nope, it's always going to be the top grade you have available. There really shouldn't be many times when you'd need to select a lower grade.

Be thankful though, at least now all missions are available. Up until 4.0 they gave you a random assortment so you'd have to zone and retry to get a Rich or Bountiful mission. :)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Isn't it a future plan to add comp influence when they run crafting missions or was I just imagining that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Isn't it a future plan to add comp influence when they run crafting missions or was I just imagining that?

That was in the roadmap preview that Keith gave. That'll be interesting. Make companion gifts a lot less valuable, depending on how much influence they get.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I haven't played this in about a year. Did the goon clan pick back up? I'm wondering if I've been stacking up a bunch of credits for lock boxes in my absence.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Think I'll take the I-08 Operator License! Sweet!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Think I'll take the I-08 Operator License! Sweet!

And done. Enjoy!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

reagan posted:

I haven't played this in about a year. Did the goon clan pick back up? I'm wondering if I've been stacking up a bunch of credits for lock boxes in my absence.

Guild is still very much social only. Usually 2-5 people on at any given time. Join the Discord channel in the OP, a lot of people chat in there even when they're not playing.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I haven't played since Knights of the Fallen Empire. Do I need to sub to play the latest expansion/patches?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

desudrive posted:

I haven't played since Knights of the Fallen Empire. Do I need to sub to play the latest expansion/patches?

Yes, you only have access to whatever content was available when your sub lapsed. Sub for one month and you get everything that's available now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Roadmap for 2017 posted

New stronghold "With a great ocean view"
New warzone
Focus on QOL
New Flashpoint
Ability to customize Theron, Koth and Lana (so get your sexy underwear armors ready to sell on the GTN)

Sadly no mention of original tracer missile animation coming back.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I assure you that my future slave bikini Lana is extremely rp character based.

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

Roadmap for 2017 posted

New warzone
Focus on QOL
New Flashpoint
Ability to customize Theron, Koth and Lana (so get your sexy underwear armors ready to sell on the GTN)

gently caress this poo poo game.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

quote:

The remainder of the year includes a new Warzone, Galactic Starfighter (our space PvP gameplay expansion) changes

at last

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Roadmap for 2017 posted

Hm, weird to put a stronghold in a PVP map, but alright

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hm, weird to put a stronghold in a PVP map, but alright

"STOP FIRING CANNONS I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!!!!!! I wondered why the buyer wanted to get rid of this thing so quick..."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

Roadmap for 2017 posted

New warzone
Focus on QOL
New Flashpoint

Bikini Theron best Theron.

Mom would be so proud!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

quote:

NAR SHADDAA SUMMER - GAME UPDATE 5.2.2 – JUNE 13TH

The return of the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event with all new rewards, including a new Gamorrean Companion!

Hell yeah.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Hell yeah.

The Gamorrean is gonna be the Rancor all over again for me. Probably looking at 50 million to try to win it with my luck.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

Probably looking at 50 million to try to win it with my luck.

That sounds optimistic.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Medullah posted:

Roadmap for 2017 posted

New warzone
Focus on QOL
New Flashpoint

welp, see you goons next year

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
http://dulfy.net/2017/06/01/swtor-galactic-defender-event-ea-play-give/

quote:

This weekend, team up with friends new and old in battles across the galaxy and get rewarded*:

All players who log in during the Play to Give campaign receive the new ‘PL-2G Defender’ Battle Droid mini-pet.
Plus, if players join with 1 or more friends in 1 million or more total group activities across the SWTOR galaxy, all players who log in during the Play to Give campaign will also receive the ‘Galactic Defender’ in-game title!
Rewards will be delivered via in-game mail by Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 11:59PM PDT / Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 6:59PM GMT.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

gently caress that Tracer Missile...dat instant Ravage doe.

Been working on my Jugg aka the Rage pinball of death. Chump fotm reroll Snipers just don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Holy poo poo the comments on that. WTF is wrong with people?

I mean, I know..but still...JFC, what the gently caress is wrong with people?

• Locked thread