Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
All I want is for my avatar to stop looking like a game designer hipster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Enallyniv posted:

I like this game and I want to talk about it but the thread seems to devolve into namecalling and arguments constantly, and if you don't play the game like Unreal Tournament you're not enjoying it the right way.

This is an RP thread. We roleplay as the game's competitors by spreading misinformation, insulting each other, and generally acting like psycopaths. Please stay in character.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Elentor posted:

No amount of money spent is going to make this game run smooth as silk.

What you can do is minimize your troubles by doing all the tricks possible, like reducing paging allocation to prevent the game from stuttering like crazy, doing the commands to enable more cpu cores, putting the game on your SSD and hoping that won't kill your drive.
My game stutters like crazy. How do I do this?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Complaints about camping has always been weird to me, in any game.
The solution appears to be to learn how to deal with them and ruin their day, using whatever tools and techniques at your disposal, rather than be upset that they saw you coming from their prepared corner.
I understand the frustration, but I do not understand why it is less frustrating than dying from someone who just happened to turn a corner at the same time you did with a shotgun.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Just lol if you don't put on the black trenchcoat with the punk glasses and head into the school with your M16

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

willroc7 posted:

My game stutters like crazy. How do I do this?

Write your own custom OS kernel.

e:

Most of the technical advice ITT is some anecdotal witch doctor poo poo. If you want your game to run well the actual stuff that works is to install the game on an SSD, keep everything but texture quality on low, and don't have a million other programs (especially browser tabs) open.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 16, 2017

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
If your rig doesn't have an ssd SHAME SHAME SHAME

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This game is also still un-optimized and it really comes down to your specific hardware. I get decent frame rates running at 1080 on an old fx8350 and hd7970. Definitely better than arma 3 or dayz ever ran for for me.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just got my first win. 3 kills. It was nothing special I lucked into an 8x scope and shot better/faster than the other guys I ran into. Well that's my story, thanks for listening.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Assassinations are going to be dope.

https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/864481007856168962

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Zipperelli. posted:

If you'd bothered to read before ham fistedly smashing your keyboard replying in a frothing rage, you'd see that I retracted my comment when I realized I was wrong.

Get a grip dude. It's a game.

Alternatively, kill yourself for being so triggered by a loving video game you piece of poo poo

It doesn't seem like I'm the one being triggered here, it literally takes like 10 minutes to find the video that's been posted many times in this thread that shows you that clothes don't give inventory space.

See, easy: https://youtu.be/I7RYd7W5Ocg?t=2m30s

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tony Montana posted:

well no but a game based in sitting in a house for 20 mins to then shoot two people that never even saw you probably appeals to a specific kind of anti-social weirdo but for the majority of people that's a lot of waiting around doing nothing for a few seconds of 'fun'. If you don't equate your self-worth with your kills then the whole thing gets a bit pathetic

wanna hear something crazy about people who play by camping in a house?

You don't have to play the game like that if YOU don't want to

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:siren:ATTENTION:siren:

Play this game not to win, but to make everyone else lose. The more people you kill the more pubbies are throwing their mice at their monitor.

Thanks and g*d bless

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Play this game not to win, but to make everyone else lose.

this is why I queue solo into squad games

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Even though this game has some issues and is a bit buggy. It can still be really fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hey everyone!

Could we calm down a little please. This place seems to be getting a bit heated and I think its just a bit of a misunderstanding between people who enjoy the game.

Thank you kindly all!

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Why would he look for a video if he's not even aware he's misunderstanding something. :confused:

It's ridiculous to have a multi page slap fight out of something that was already resolved by the first person to point out that the capacity thing on the tool tip is meaningless.

Other people will probably make the same misconceptions without watching a video about it too. In the interest of the thread not devolving into a cycle of misconception>aggressive refutation and lamentation>misconception>aggressive refutation and lamentation maybe we should just correct them and move on to complaining about performance and showing screenshots of our first wins.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol at people earnestly engaging Tony Montana, King Fuckidiot of Dumb Opinions Land

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

VideoGames posted:

Hey everyone!

Could we calm down a little please. This place seems to be getting a bit heated and I think its just a bit of a misunderstanding between people who enjoy the game.

Thank you kindly all!

Seems to be a problem with FPS/shooter players - check the Destiny thread for internet-macho's screaming at each other.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Just started playing this. What does the Energy Drink do?

The same as painkillers but those take longer to use. If that also means that painkillers have a longer lasting effect, I don't know.

I take pills if I have time to spare and have a drink if I don't.

Also taking a double dose of painkillers/energy drink can be useful because that increases/changes the effects you get. Do it and watch the bars at the bottom and the icons there. When I watch people who are actually good at the game they tend to try to be doped to the max near the end of the game.

edit: vv no you

uXs fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 16, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What the gently caress is wrong with you people. This thread is like the worst that goons have to offer to right now. Shut the gently caress up

Carebearz posted:

look at this, another baby-faced, bucktoothed whiney babby come to talk poo poo.

Zipperelli. posted:

Alternatively, kill yourself for being so triggered by a loving video game you piece of poo poo

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 16, 2017

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

uXs posted:

The same as painkillers but those take longer to use. If that also means that painkillers have a longer lasting effect, I don't know.

I take pills if I have time to spare and have a drink if I don't.

Also taking a double dose of painkillers/energy drink can be useful because that increases/changes the effects you get. Do it and watch the bars at the bottom and the icons there. When I watch people who are actually good at the game they tend to try to be doped to the max near the end of the game.

edit: vv no you

Yeah painkillers fill up the boost bar more.

If you can spare the stims then it's a good idea to stay topped up for the buffs and the heal, yeah.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Xachariah posted:

Why would he look for a video if he's not even aware he's misunderstanding something. :confused:

It's ridiculous to have a multi page slap fight out of something that was already resolved by the first person to point out that the capacity thing on the tool tip is meaningless.

Other people will probably make the same misconceptions without watching a video about it too. In the interest of the thread not devolving into a cycle of misconception>aggressive refutation and lamentation>misconception>aggressive refutation and lamentation maybe we should just correct them and move on to complaining about performance and showing screenshots of our first wins.

Because the same question comes up and gets answered every 4 or 5 pages. It takes 5 - 10 minutes to figure it out for yourself instead giving others the chance to spread wrong information.

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills right now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Re helmetchat: I pass up the motorcycle helmet because it's shiny and super easy to see when you're prone in the grass.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

Re helmetchat: I pass up the motorcycle helmet because it's shiny and super easy to see when you're prone in the grass.

There's the more matte gray version you could use instead of the glossy green one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm looking forward to custom rooms being available to everyone so we can finally determine who the Top Goon is

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Just started playing this. What does the Energy Drink do?

uXs posted:

To build on this, the exact effects are:

1. Healing over time: This effect occurs for the entirety of boost duration. This is the only way to heal back to max health if you don't have a Medkit. First aid and bandages can only take you up to like 80% of your health.

2. Increased run speed: This effect occurs when you have consumed enough boosts to reach the second bar of boost meter. Effect is active while boost meter is still in the second section of the boost bar.

3. Reduced weapon spread: The final possible effect. Occurs when you've got the boost bar almost completely filled up. Also last a very short period of time, as indicated by the size of the 3rd section of the boost bar.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

:siren:ATTENTION:siren:

Play this game not to win, but to make everyone else lose. The more people you kill the more pubbies are throwing their mice at their monitor.

Thanks and g*d bless

Hey. gently caress you.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Typical Pubbie posted:

Hey. gently caress you.

username/post combo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Typical Pubbie posted:

Hey. gently caress you.

Guys please!!! Can't you see this game where we're pitted against each other in a life and death struggle is TEARING US APART?!!

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
If it doesn't say Capacity +X it doesn't add carrying capacity.

No.

Yes

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This is true but also real bad and confusing UI design.

e: unless they plan to add actual carrying capacity to everything in which the most OP outfit will be some Kevin Smith sized cargo jorts

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Kevin Smith was a character in CoD so why not this game?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Having coats/pants give you a tiny bit more capacity (10/20, enough for a pistol mag or two) would actually make sense since, you know, pockets and all. Vests do as it is.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Can we please stop trying to bring too much realism to this game before it becomes DayZ all over again

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Can we please stop trying to bring too much realism to this game before it becomes DayZ all over again

yeah I'd like to see them get rid of carrying capacity on anything besides backpacks

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The game's good as it is, and it will be the best if it'll just have better net code and frame rates.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The game's good as it is, and it will be the best if it'll just have better net code and frame rates.

Agreed. The game is almost close to perfect, there's absolutely no reason to break poo poo that works fine when the crux of most users issues is server and client performance

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Yodzilla posted:

This is true but also real bad and confusing UI design.

e: unless they plan to add actual carrying capacity to everything in which the most OP outfit will be some Kevin Smith sized cargo jorts

Surely you want some MC hammer pants? The amount of 5.56 you could hold in those would be unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also free character face customizations / redos. Thanks.

• Locked thread