Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Strago OSB, dupe Machina USB, Ceodore USB. Sigh.

More rage pulling on VI-2 got me Gogo USB, am I wrong or does this actually look sort of good?
its a solid buff, instant cast, and you can do some shenanigans with the brave mode if you pay attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Plus its on a magic earth sword

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So I got two chicken knifes (for a total of three now) from the New Years pull and then a sword for Butz' dad and a moomba for Lulu from the free x33. :smithicide:

This game hates me and I loving hate it.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
3/33: Dupe Aria BSB, Balthier USB, Garnet CSB.

Balthier seems okay, but without his LMR I don't see him overtaking my already-dived Edgar USB as my fire imperil boi. Probably not bad for the torment though.
I'm going to sound ungrateful, but for Garnet, I have both gen 1 lightning chains already, and I'm still hurting for Fire, Ice, Wind, and Dark chains so getting my 3rd (5th if you count all the Kain chain dupes) lit chain isn't super exciting.

Oh and I got a Lenna Unique on the daily draw today that is literally just Arise with a huge cast time. I mean, I know it's from before Arise existed, but drat.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Also still looking for a Roaming Warrior to kill Evrae Altana for me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Free Draw > 5*!

WTF is this poo poo? This old 5* stuff with no SB on it needs to either be removed from the pool, or have something added to it. Ugh.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Daily Free Draw > 5*!

WTF is this poo poo? This old 5* stuff with no SB on it needs to either be removed from the pool, or have something added to it. Ugh.

You could get a shared soul break like I did! For the low low price of only two SB bars I can inflict "magic poison damage on all targets!"

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

Daily Free Draw > 5*!

having all the old garbage in there is cool imo, especially since you'll eventually be able to trade it for relic dust or whatever

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Master USB from the daily draw. I guess he can join Noctis, Vaan and OK on my omniresist team.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just to drive it home that NE damage is for chumps, even against omni-null:

Just ignore the gimmick.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The gimmick on that is easy though, it's scripted to follow the same pattern of Fire->water->poison->holy.

But yeah, overall you can generally grab a chain and do it and/or imperils.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MF_James posted:

The gimmick on that is easy though, it's scripted to follow the same pattern of Fire->water->poison->holy.

But yeah, overall you can generally grab a chain and do it and/or imperils.

Yeah but gently caress using poison.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I just brought a bunch of characters who had AOSB's of each element. And Onion Knight for his pUSB. Shoulda just grabbed a chain and brute-forced it.

Seigfried, though... Man, that guy sucks and is busting my balls. :negative:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

AFAIK you can't just one-shot it because it has phases and poo poo. You should be able to search the internet to find some handy offensive white magic USBs/BSBs and then get a code for one from https://friends-ffrk.com/ though. That should help a lot.

Or just hone a ton of white magic crap you'll never use again, I beat it with no offensive soul breaks and so can you.

Or just skip that one for now. The reward is worthless, and the magicite battles you unlock by doing all the nightmares are way harder than the nightmares. Can you comfortably do mote dungeons? If not then you aren't ready for magicites.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 3, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Okay so I have Zack's BSB and CSB and Cloud's USB2. Question is if these two are my main attackers and I have an entrust bot do I entrust to Zack so he can get his BSB off or Cloud so he can keep his USB mode going?

Zack has Mako Might so he can start off the chain at the beginning of the battle btw.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Flavahbeast posted:

having all the old garbage in there is cool imo, especially since you'll eventually be able to trade it for relic dust or whatever

Yeah I love it, and I wish there was a catalogue built in where you could track everything you’ve received even if you sold it away.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Can anyone help me beat Famfrit? I can get him down to 90-95% by around 30 seconds but the damage, silence and protect in phase 3 is too much for me. This is my party:

King: USB, Spark Offering R4, Tempest Snipe R5, LM1 and LM2 LM1 and LM2 (I have LMR too)
Elarra: USB, Enfeebling Dance R2, Curada R4, TGS
Kain: USB2/OSB, Cyclone Bolt R3, Lightning Dive R3, LM1 and LM2 (I have LMR too)
Aerith: USB2, Hastega R3, Ultra Cure R3, MM
Shantotto: CSB, Chain Thundaja, Lunatic Thunder, DMT

Magicites: BK, BK, Hydra, Evrae, Evrae
RW: Fabula Guardian

I've also had trouble dealing with his Savage Briny -> Water Gun because Briny usually triggers LS.

Are there any adjustments I could make? I feel like Shantotto could get dropped because she does not contribute much besides the chain + raising the hit counter. I get so close every time but either run out of steam or get overwhelmed by the damage in Phase 3. I wish I had a lightning ASB to skip most of Phase 3...

I also have:

OK with pUSB/LMR
Aranea with USB/LMR
Orlandeau with USB/OSB/LMR
Bartz with Glint and various SBs

If not I'll just wait until AASBs come out so I can easily beat this.

private message fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 3, 2019

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Do you really need both healers? I run Famfrit with just Aerith and OK entrusting her. Famfrit has a ton of dead turns (gravity, buffs, etc.) that you can exploit with last stand, because of that I also run Hades instead of Evrae since I'm at 1% HP most of the time.

My team is Edgar USB, Lightning USB, Kain CSB, OK pUSB, Aerith USB, which seems pretty close to what you're using if you just swapped in OK.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

private message posted:

Can anyone help me beat Famfrit? I can get him down to 90-95% by around 30 seconds but the damage, silence and protect in phase 3 is too much for me. This is my party:

King: USB, Spark Offering R4, Tempest Snipe R5, LM1 and LM2 LM1 and LM2 (I have LMR too)
Elarra: USB, Enfeebling Dance R2, Curada R4, TGS
Kain: USB2/OSB, Cyclone Bolt R3, Lightning Dive R3, LM1 and LM2 (I have LMR too)
Aerith: USB2, Hastega R3, Ultra Cure R3, MM
Shantotto: CSB, Chain Thundaja, Lunatic Thunder, DMT

Magicites: BK, BK, Hydra, Evrae, Evrae
RW: Fabula Guardian

I've also had trouble dealing with his Savage Briny -> Water Gun because Briny usually triggers LS.
One thing I can think of is to use the 4* -MAG dance on Elarra instead of Enfeebling Jitterbug. Famfrit's Faith is a +MAG buff so the -MAG dance will cancel it, which should help with incoming damage a bit.

If you don't have defensive passives like Health Boon, Spell Ward, and Blade Ward inherited onto your magicite, those can help with survival as well.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Let’s do this thing:

6/33

Tifa USB2
Meliadoul USB
Kain BUSB
Rydia en-water LMR
Seifier LMR
Minwu LMR (dupe)

Awesome pull

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

eelmonger posted:

Do you really need both healers? I run Famfrit with just Aerith and OK entrusting her. Famfrit has a ton of dead turns (gravity, buffs, etc.) that you can exploit with last stand, because of that I also run Hades instead of Evrae since I'm at 1% HP most of the time.

I initially tried OK instead of a 2nd healer and had pretty good luck, but was having trouble balancing making sure Aerith had enough meter and being able to refresh OK's pUSB by 30 seconds. Maybe I'll put hastega on Aerith instead of dispel. Did you bother with dispel on Aerith? And does Flash Disaster generate SB fast enough to make it worth using over Wrath?

Can you post your abilities/LMRs for that party? I'm going to give it another shot with OK.

iPodschun posted:

If you don't have defensive passives like Health Boon, Spell Ward, and Blade Ward inherited onto your magicite, those can help with survival as well.

I've never bothered with defensive passives but this sounds like it could help a lot. Thanks!

private message fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 3, 2019

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The premier Evrae cheese back in the day was Minwu's first burst, Seal of Heaven, and it might honestly still be one of the best choices; I don't think any of the offensive white mage bursts released since then have an aoe command to quickly get rid of the lenses (and the Guado guardians I guess? Tbh I don't remember if you actually want to kill them.) There might be some with aoe entries, though.

...Rem's burst might have an aoe command? But iirc the commands on that aren't actually white magic for whatever reason. Either that or the commands are but the entry isn't, I know it's one of the two.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

Okay so I have Zack's BSB and CSB and Cloud's USB2. Question is if these two are my main attackers and I have an entrust bot do I entrust to Zack so he can get his BSB off or Cloud so he can keep his USB mode going?

Zack has Mako Might so he can start off the chain at the beginning of the battle btw.

Man I'm dumb, I posted this and forgot the key detail that Cloud isn't casting his USB turn 1.

So the answer is entrust Cloud so he can get his USB off sooner. :doh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you have Zack legend dived, one of the best things to do is use lifesiphon for the first two turns and then pop the chain on the third one. That gets you 3/5 of the way to casting his BSB before most characters have even finished their first turn.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I only got 2 usbs queens and frans, but at least they weren't dupes

Ice imperil isn't super common and is important for the magicite if I'm remembering right, so Fran isn't completely useless even if it/she are otherwise pretty garbage.

She's on my Tiamat team for lack of a better physical ice option...though it occurs to me now that my magic team may have been nearly as viable.

Queen seems decent but spellblade is a tough field to excel in versus Bartz/Squall/Celes etc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

If you have Zack legend dived, one of the best things to do is use lifesiphon for the first two turns and then pop the chain on the third one. That gets you 3/5 of the way to casting his BSB before most characters have even finished their first turn.

I like this idea.

So what am I supposed to throw on Cloud for his USB2? I thought he had 6* spellblade access, but he doesn't. Is Raging Quadstrike my only option? Was hoping to use the Major Black Orbs for something else. :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah while i was noodling around with characters i’ve mothballed for my first ever crystal tower attempt earlier this week i built up an entire team for the wind weak one with the belief i would have a usb1 cloud making GBS threads out snowspell strikes and had a rude awakening when i went to equip abilities

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what am I supposed to throw on Cloud for his USB2? I thought he had 6* spellblade access, but he doesn't. Is Raging Quadstrike my only option? Was hoping to use the Major Black Orbs for something else. :(

Cloud is sadly super-restricted by being an early adopter to Record Spheres. Since he spheres up to 5* spellblade, he can't ever access the 6* stuff, and his other skills (Heavy, Samurai, Combat) don't really have good options for wind damage. Raging Quadstrike is pretty much his only sane option, sadly, if you want the chase on Climirage. Other options are his BSB commands (excepting BSB1, which is fully non-elemental) or bog-standard enwinded autoattacks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I was looking over who I have the most stuff for, and Cloud is first, with 7 (Seven? Yeah, seven!) items: Glint1, USB1, USB, OSB2, SSB1, LM2, and AOSB1.

Bartz is next, with 6: BSB2, BSB4, AOSB1, USB2, Glint1, and Unique4.

Locke is third place, with 4 items: SSB2, OSB1, USB1, and AOSB 1.

I guess it's time to add Cloud and Bartz to my team.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Qwertycoatl posted:

Or just skip that one for now. The reward is worthless, and the magicite battles you unlock by doing all the nightmares are way harder than the nightmares. Can you comfortably do mote dungeons? If not then you aren't ready for magicites.

I can't comfortably do poo poo until I unlock magicite apparently.

I've stopped even playing three battles daily anymore; this game has drained any fun I was having. I haven't even touched the newest part of the story mode because I'm just wasting my time ramming my face into this brickwall that is the nightmare dungeons. This isn't fun and I fail to see how anyone can enjoy this; it's a chore not a game.

EDIT:

Kheldarn posted:

So I was looking over who I have the most stuff for, and Cloud is first, with 7 (Seven? Yeah, seven!) items: Glint1, USB1, USB, OSB2, SSB1, LM2, and AOSB1.

Only seven? I'm pretty sure I'm missing like one relic of his. Thanks game! :suicide:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean if you haven’t been using bartz yeah you’ve been missing out, but as has been pointed out cloud has a couple of shortcomings. similarly, i think i have every single soul break ever created for agrias, and she’s great and all but she just is completely outclassed by orlandeau dps wise.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Only seven? I'm pretty sure I'm missing like one relic of his. Thanks game! :suicide:

Yeah looks like I have 11 things for Cloud.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I can't comfortably do poo poo until I unlock magicite apparently.

I've stopped even playing three battles daily anymore; this game has drained any fun I was having. I haven't even touched the newest part of the story mode because I'm just wasting my time ramming my face into this brickwall that is the nightmare dungeons. This isn't fun and I fail to see how anyone can enjoy this; it's a chore not a game.

EDIT:

i don’t know what to tell you dude, i’m the laziest person i know in this thread in terms of if it takes more than a couple of minutes to prep and complete i won’t do it, but all the nightmare dungeons are so super old at this point and the power creep is so very fast and real that as long as you slam pick the right draws from the gachapon you can tell them to get hosed. it just might be you haven’t built up that bedrock yet and unfortunately there’s nothing to it but time and lady luck because at the end of the day this is a free to play phone game and they want you to loving dump your life savings into chasing that one overpowered relic

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i mean if you haven’t been using bartz yeah you’ve been missing out, but as has been pointed out cloud has a couple of shortcomings. similarly, i think i have every single soul break ever created for agrias, and she’s great and all but she just is completely outclassed by orlandeau dps wise.

Yeah, I saw about Cloud. Lucky for me, I'm not at a point where that really matters. I still haven't finished all of the regular dungeons, much less the story dungeons. Right now, I'm just being kind of casual. This is just 1 of 4 gacha games I play daily, so...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

similarly, i think i have every single soul break ever created for agrias, and she’s great and all but she just is completely outclassed by orlandeau dps wise.

The good thing there is that Agrias is the closest you'll ever get to a Holy-based machinist. Her job is not necessarily to do DPS, it's to stack imperils so that your other dudes can do more DPS. She and Orlandeau both are staples in most of my holy teams.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

The good thing there is that Agrias is the closest you'll ever get to a Holy-based machinist. Her job is not necessarily to do DPS, it's to stack imperils so that your other dudes can do more DPS. She and Orlandeau both are staples in most of my holy teams.

sure, sure, but it’s like who do you want for a holy team? orlandeau. who makes a good backup? agrias.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also just thinking about the way he’s reacting to it i hope it’s not something like hitler’s gay secret hasn’t realized you can level break characters beyond 50 or upgrade items or something like that

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

sure, sure, but it's like who do you want for a holy team? orlandeau. who makes a good backup? agrias.

por que no los dos

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

triple post hat trick but you know what it also might be is no one’s ever explained the importance of team construction: one support dude with a boost/haste, a couple of like-minded dps (either physical or magic, don’t split the two!), a healer, a wall, stuff like that. the jargon’s been so drilled into my head that it didn’t even occur someone might be smashing all their strongest stuff together in a big pile and hoping it pulls through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

triple post hat trick but you know what it also might be is no one’s ever explained the importance of team construction: one support dude with a boost/haste, a couple of like-minded dps (either physical or magic, don’t split the two!), a healer, a wall.

In easier content and/or with the right support, you can do a mixed physical/magic team. The thing is that you don't want to use two SBs to only boost half your party each, you want to use one to boost your entire party. That's why OK's BSB was hot poo poo when it first came out; it was one of the first SBs of its kind that gave an attack boost and a magic boost, on top of the Hastega.

But when it comes to things like Torments and Crystal Towers, you absolutely want to stick to one or the other, and 5* Magicite (as well as most Nightmare puzzle bosses) make it pretty much mandatory to specialize.