Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hell, at this point I'd be a newbie with 203.6m SP. :downs:

They got rid of clone grades and tied it all into Omega, right? So I can die as many times as I want and not lose skills so long as I'm not flying a T3 cruiser?

Clone grades where some grade-A bullshit. Yeah feel free to die, though you'll lose your implants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rutibex posted:

Clone grades where some grade-A bullshit. Yeah feel free to die, though you'll lose your implants.

Right, that much hasn't changed.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

I always to a quick sanity check against Jita prices and manufacturing price before making a big purchase like that.

My industry-alt is stuck in some HighSec-backwater with the local market very out-of-whack from Jita, so I have to do the same for my stuff, just so I know by how many millions I can underbid the local traders before we drop below Jita-prices and it gets silly.

Half the time my stuff is probably just relisted, but the joke's on them: Most of my goods tend to be expensive, slow-moving T2-poo poo, so afterwards they are now the ones stuck with waiting for it to sell. :v:

Kosani
Jun 30, 2004
Ni ni.

CainFortea posted:

No. The best way to make isk as a newbie is to join GF, join various squads and sigs, and mention that you're a newbie.

The amount of isk you can make per unit of time spent playing this game as a newbie is a pitance. Don't bother. Fly free poo poo until you learn from talking to other people when and how to make real isk on your own.

Find something you like doing. Burning out on trying to make isk instead of doing the fun poo poo just means you'll stop playing the game.

Thanks for the advice.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Just got my first super, I’m fairly sure it’s just me being a nervous wreck but it is way more stressful than the carrier i could replace 20 times over.

Also there is way too much stuff to pack into the cargo hold and fleet hangar.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

xilni posted:

Just got my first super, I’m fairly sure it’s just me being a nervous wreck but it is way more stressful than the carrier i could replace 20 times over.

I could buy a super right now but I’m not sure how great of an idea that is since the only carrier I have at V is amarr, fighters V is still a month off, and I wouldn’t be able to afford replacing it partially due to me not having a reliable source of passive income and partially because I’m still setting up my active source of income :v:

I really really would love a Hel but they seem to be the favourite to get ganked. I guess training galllente carrier wouldn’t be awful, but I dunno

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

xilni posted:

At least you can defend yourself. People in rorqs put a similar amount of isk on the field and they are just sitting ducks. Also you have warp disruption immunity, so it will take a lot of effort to catch you with your pants down. Most threats you can just jump away.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

At least you can defend yourself. People in rorqs put a similar amount of isk on the field and they are just sitting ducks. Also you have warp disruption immunity, so it will take a lot of effort to catch you with your pants down. Most threats you can just jump away.

Be on comms.
Have a cyno.
Have ozone.
Wait til told to light.
Salvage.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

People in rorqs don't have to be sitting ducks, they have the PANIC button, as well as the ability to light a cyno and dumpster the attacking fleet with an absolute shitpile of bored supers and titans looking to whore on a kill.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
X4 comes out tomorrow rip in piss Eve

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp posted:

No way X4 can compete with Star Citizen.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pomp posted:

what is x4

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pomp posted:

do not buy an X game on release day

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

what is x4

I assume the sequel to X3, which is basically EVE online but single player. It's about as fun as that sounds.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

It's surprisingly bug-free, according to people who have played the pre-release. Apparently Egosoft spent a hell of a lot of time on bugfixes before even floating the idea of a release date, as prior to announcing the release date on OCT 1, it was a "when it's done" proposition.

We live in a post Fallout76 world though, so lmao if Egosoft bought off a bunch of streamers influencers to claim that the game is the best thing since sliced bread.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 29, 2018

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

:airquote: content creators :airquote:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
there are some high profile games that mass marketed on forums and websites and got popular off of that, notably albion online.

the CEO even made an account here and started making threads to shill that garbage game

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

there are some high profile games that mass marketed on forums and websites and got popular off of that, notably albion online.

the CEO even made an account here and started making threads to shill that garbage game

Didn't greyscale work for the guys who made Albion Online

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

Didn't greyscale work for the guys who made Albion Online

yes

although he didn't really do anything officially, shortly after he was added to the game they introduced a 'pvp fatigue' mechanic

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yes

although he didn't really do anything officially, shortly after he was added to the game they introduced a 'pvp fatigue' mechanic

I forgot about that game, is it still around?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

not really, it's as dead as ever

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I’m sure there’s plenty of NPCs still

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Welp. Nova is delayed. They finally realized the gameplay was nothing special.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i bet nova didn't even have base building spam, dancing, or gacha

how is it supposed to work in the contemporary FPS environment without these things

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

who will play an fps without hats? not me

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Klyith posted:

:same:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

who will play an fps without hats? not me

Ftfy and :same:

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/a1uiiu/imagine_being_this_salty_over_ph_bb_pings_being/

:staredog:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

Welp. Nova is delayed. They finally realized the gameplay was nothing special.

releasing a multiplayer-only FPS these days is a terrible bet, even if it's free to play. the competition out there is a murderers row and CCP has a game revolving around stale capture points and bad zombie-wave PvE.

listening to the eve players who claimed they wanted Dust on PC was a terrible idea in the first place, but making a stand-alone with no real connection to Eve or a true persistent universe is the lamest attempt at it. the only thing CCP has going for it is a MMO with a real sandbox. if they don't leverage that all their eve-branded games are gonna end up like Valkyrie.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Is ratting with a chimera a futile effort? All the guides say use a thantos or nidhoggur.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

That's the boring version. Read the one before the mods removed all the good stuff (red). Oh, and the dude deleted a bunch of his meltdowns.(blue)

https://www.removeddit.com/r/Eve/comments/a1uiiu/imagine_being_this_salty_over_ph_bb_pings_being/

I don't care about helping my case. You're a legit piece of poo poo for posting what you have.

1) you're a loving loser for hanging out in another corps discord. This is what's known in other games as crossteaming.

2) you gloat about being a loving loser.

3) you post bullshit under a false name so nobody can return the favor.

4) you're a pedo goof.

Cool. Welcome to come up to me.

Ps. I carry.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MisterOblivious posted:

That's the boring version. Read the one before the mods removed all the good stuff (red). Oh, and the dude deleted a bunch of his meltdowns.(blue)

https://www.removeddit.com/r/Eve/comments/a1uiiu/imagine_being_this_salty_over_ph_bb_pings_being/

I don't care about helping my case. You're a legit piece of poo poo for posting what you have.

1) you're a loving loser for hanging out in another corps discord. This is what's known in other games as crossteaming.

2) you gloat about being a loving loser.

3) you post bullshit under a false name so nobody can return the favor.

4) you're a pedo goof.

Cool. Welcome to come up to me.

Ps. I carry.

I just want to tell that dude

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

vandalism posted:

Is ratting with a chimera a futile effort? All the guides say use a thantos or nidhoggur.

it's not futile, just much worse ticks because they don't have the damage bonus for fighters. if you already have the chimera I suppose it's better than ratting in a VNI.

the chimera at least you can passive tank and use a cyno to summon theta. archons can't even do that. if you had an archon I think the best plan would be insuring it, going up to GSF space in lower fountain, and ratting there with no backup until you get got.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Klyith posted:

it's not futile, just much worse ticks because they don't have the damage bonus for fighters. if you already have the chimera I suppose it's better than ratting in a VNI.

the chimera at least you can passive tank and use a cyno to summon theta. archons can't even do that. if you had an archon I think the best plan would be insuring it, going up to GSF space in lower fountain, and ratting there with no backup until you get got.

I'm not sure what you mean by summon theta. My problem is that I don't have my other account with a cyno guy active. Might not even be worth dicking with it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's hard to care about no name people being very obnoxious idiots, feels like people from the other side being intentionally unlikable to win epoints

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 1, 2018

Zzadist
Nov 26, 2017

Klyith posted:

Don't rat in a Archon.

Chimera is solid. Tankier than the nid because of the resist bonuses.

Thanatos and the nidhoggur do more deeps. so obviously best choice for those 260mil ticks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Rat in a Thanatos because it looks the coolest.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

vandalism posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by summon theta.
if you rat in delve you put a cyno on your carrier, join standing fleet, and stay connected to mumble while ratting.

if badguys drop on you, you can have multiple faxes and titans backing you up with a word and a button press. that's theta squad.

quote:

My problem is that I don't have my other account with a cyno guy active. Might not even be worth dicking with it.

a ratting carrier is possible to use without a cyno account if you're already in delve. getting around is possible because there's a hero who runs a safe fleet of perma-cyno industrials that are on citadels where you can jump+dock. after that you only need one or two gates to get to whatever ratting system you like, which in delve is pretty safe.

if it's up in black rise or something from when we got kicked out of dek you'll need to ask around for help to get it home.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Klyith posted:

if you rat in delve you put a cyno on your carrier, join standing fleet, and stay connected to mumble while ratting.

if badguys drop on you, you can have multiple faxes and titans backing you up with a word and a button press. that's theta squad.

a ratting carrier is possible to use without a cyno account if you're already in delve. getting around is possible because there's a hero who runs a safe fleet of perma-cyno industrials that are on citadels where you can jump+dock. after that you only need one or two gates to get to whatever ratting system you like, which in delve is pretty safe.

if it's up in black rise or something from when we got kicked out of dek you'll need to ask around for help to get it home.

Holy poo poo, that owns. I was in theta back in the day and we basically sat around with our dicks in our hands. Now we do it in titans, I suppose.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zzadist posted:

Don't rat in a Archon.

Chimera is solid. Tankier than the nid because of the resist bonuses.

Thanatos and the nidhoggur do more deeps. so obviously best choice for those 260mil ticks.

Chimera is also just tankier. With heat I was getting EHP of nearly 2.5 million

I ratted with a Chimera and T1 drones and pulled 20-30 million ticks not knowing what I was doing, so twice the VNI ticks. Now I'm in a Nid with T2 drones (working on light fighters V now) and get 50 million ticks, and am losing way fewer fighters now. (Thanks Querns and the others who helped me learn to orbit correctly :ccp: )