Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I uh, probably wouldn't lock up Mooney unless he wants to take a deal far below market value until he's like practicing from his injury at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The best take of OTA was carlos calling jamo the next charles rogers and the freep pulling the story.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

The best take of OTA was carlos calling jamo the next charles rogers and the freep pulling the story.

Carlos is an all-pro at coming up with the absolute worst takes, it's frankly impressive. I'd love to see a top 25 list of his worst articles, just for the laughs.

e: In other news:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1669302512552116224?s=20

Hell, I'd be down.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 16, 2023

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Da Bears

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

trevorreznik posted:

Imagine if lovie hadnt gifted DJ Moore to the bears and we had to worry about claypool being the #1

I know I just said I don't take pre-training camp reports seriously but it is hard for me to not get excited about the fact that one of the most consistent reports out of OTAs/minicamp is that Moore looks great and Fields is connecting with him constantly

Also the trade was worth it just for Moore's answer in this video (starts at :29)

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1669375409970880515

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't think it could get any better and then they started talking about bear circles. :laffo:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1669513991503093761

There is a rant about Rex Grossman in this podcast that is so so powerful, that it is like a religious experience.

Also an argument for J`Marcus Webb being the worst offensive tackle of all time.

If you hate some Bad Bears players, these podcasts have been amazing.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 16, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Carlos is an all-pro at coming up with the absolute worst takes, it's frankly impressive. I'd love to see a top 25 list of his worst articles, just for the laughs.

e: In other news:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1669302512552116224?s=20

Hell, I'd be down.

This would actually be cool ya

And I like how the washington commanders (football team) are the only team in the article to not get a hyperlink

e: final episode is them asking Dan Campbell what a successful season looks like and he just stares at the camera for 58 minutes before responding “grit”

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 16, 2023

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think a beat writer asked for the shittiest take on Jamo as a chat prompt and the first comment was "Did Carlos write this article?" Dimestore rear end Skip Bayless without any talent. I get it's hateclick farming but goddamn have a little respect for the craft. I'd say it's like he engineers the absolute worst take possible in a lab, but even that would be giving him too much credit as it shows at least a modicum of intelligence and professionalism towards something.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There is a subset of fans that love Carlos articles as they hate the team but follow it for some reason.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Carlos is weird because sometimes he leave the hot take machine and write something deliberately supportive and non-provocative to the point you have to check the byline multiple times to confirm that he actually wrote it

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another good Carlos troll was when it was obvious to everyone that Patricia was going to get fired. He stumped for him saying he liked him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

I know I just said I don't take pre-training camp reports seriously but it is hard for me to not get excited about the fact that one of the most consistent reports out of OTAs/minicamp is that Moore looks great and Fields is connecting with him constantly

Also the trade was worth it just for Moore's answer in this video (starts at :29)

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1669375409970880515

I hope I'm not getting too hyped but I think Moore is really good. Not elite tier like Jefferson, Hill, etc, but in that second level. He put up really good numbers with just the most atrocious QBs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFVLVDDfi8Q

Really glad the Lions started doing the media combine, as watching a bunch of extremely schlubby middle-aged men be bad at football is extremely funny to me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

Another good Carlos troll was when it was obvious to everyone that Patricia was going to get fired. He stumped for him saying he liked him.

I decided to go looking for this article to refresh myself on how bad it was, and somehow I found this spectacular piece of art, which feels like it was created in a lab by the nation's top scientists to give me a stroke.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if he wrote an article. I owned myself and watched the freep podcast with him and Dave, and Carlos isn't as hot takey on it, but he did say after year one Patricia calmed down and became a good guy to the press, so he liked him.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Danny LaFever posted:

after year one Patricia calmed down and became a good guy to the press, so he liked him.

Thats because he sat up straight and tucked his shirt in. ;-*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1669513991503093761

There is a rant about Rex Grossman in this podcast that is so so powerful, that it is like a religious experience.

Also an argument for J`Marcus Webb being the worst offensive tackle of all time.

If you hate some Bad Bears players, these podcasts have been amazing.

Timestamp on the Grossman bit?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rex vs Trubisky starts at like 54 minutes.

The Rex Rant starts around 58 minutes

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Rexy starts at 62 minutes.

I listened to that for far longer than I thought I would.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1670526167789740032

this is worded so weird lol. Jordan Love is my son

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bears fans are weirdly cocky considering they are also bad

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m confused, is Jordan Love the Bears fan? He was the one attempting trash talk there

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlestheHammer posted:

We, for once, have the best QB in the division

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Such is the fate of all NFC North teams for the next 5 years

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guy A. Person posted:

I’m confused, is Jordan Love the Bears fan? He was the one attempting trash talk there

I was reading the replies about the Packers going 0-6 in the division which is impressively cocky for a team with A QB who can’t pass the ball

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

We, for once, have the best QB in the division

lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

gods, before we see more of love and fields, is it actually goff right now?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirk is the best right now, but he's maxed out and could easily be surpassed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SirPablo posted:

Kirk is the best right now, but he's maxed out and could easily be surpassed.

Ok, homer

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I was reading the replies about the Packers going 0-6 in the division which is impressively cocky for a team with A QB who can’t pass the ball

There’s not much evidence that Jordan Love can pass the ball either and Fields is a better runner so the math checks out to me.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I'm not a big Kirk fan. He did have more yards, TDs, and wins than any other NFCN QB last year. He's high floor, moderate ceiling. Like I said, he could easily be passed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Guy A. Person posted:

Jordan Love is very bad, so, yeah, I think that's who he was referring to.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Kirk threw 2x as many picks too. I'd say Goff was the best NFCN QB last year, but I am totally biased.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kirk had like a 100 more yards than Goff and the same amount of TDs with twice as many picks. This is extremely open and shut.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll take the QB who had more than twice as many game winning drives. Goff clearly had fewer interceptions because he was too busy being a coward loser than letting it rip and being a winner.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Think Goff wins in the fancy stats too like environmental protection agency

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Sure, Goff is better. Not a hill I'm gonna die on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll take the QB who had more than twice as many game winning drives. Goff clearly had fewer interceptions because he was too busy being a coward loser than letting it rip and being a winner.

Sorry pal, the Lions aren't the kinda team that wins from fluky bullshit like a QB fumbling in his own endzone, we're the kinda team that DOES the fumbling in the endzone wait a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

Rex vs Trubisky starts at like 54 minutes.

The Rex Rant starts around 58 minutes

JGdmn posted:

Rexy starts at 62 minutes.

I listened to that for far longer than I thought I would.

Woof, I almost feel sorry for y'all.