Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

It's true! The creator just announced it during a Gravity Falls Live event at the L.A. Film Fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pigasus posted:

It's true! The creator just announced it during a Gravity Falls Live event at the L.A. Film Fest.

August first for season 2 episode one.

Then on Monday, Aug 4, season 2 episode 2 on Disney XD.

Hope the rest of the season isn't cut up like that because I don't have XD :(

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

FilthyImp posted:

August first for season 2 episode one.

Then on Monday, Aug 4, season 2 episode 2 on Disney XD.

Hope the rest of the season isn't cut up like that because I don't have XD :(

Will it be on a streaming service like Hulu+? I see that Disney XD is a roku channel, but I still need a cable provider :(

I was hoping for a closer premier date, like early July. I expected Disney was waiting till the time when all kids would be out for the summer.

Early August is not too far away, hopefully, we will not have to wait two years for season 3.

PassTheRemote fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 14, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

PassTheRemote posted:

Will it be on a streaming service like Hulu+? I see that Disney XD is a roku channel, but I still need a cable provider :(

[quote] I was hoping for a closer premier date, like early July. I expected Disney was waiting till the time when all kids would be out for the summer.

Early August is not too far away, hopefully, we will not have to wait two years for season 3.

[SARCASTIFONT] No one is forcing you to not support the show by neglecting to help its ratings. Inconveniencing show owners and creators by selfishly asking for alternative mediums which damage Nielson ratings is almost as bad as going to the internet and watching whatever you want, whenever you want without an inkling of loyalty to its makers or advertised show times. Don't be that kind of monster.So what disney never airs this show and splits episode premiers in the stupidest way possible? So what? [/SARCASTIFONT]

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 14, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sithsaber posted:

No one is forcing you to not support the show by neglecting to help its ratings. Inconveniencing show owners and creators by selfishly asking for alternative mediums which damage Nielson ratings is almost as bad as going to the internet and watching whatever you want, whenever you want without an inkling of loyalty to its makers or advertised show times. Don't be that kind of monster.So what disney never airs this show and splits episode premiers in the stupidest way possible? So what?

Ugh, not this thread too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sithsaber posted:

No one is forcing you to not support the show by neglecting to help its ratings. Inconveniencing show owners and creators by selfishly asking for alternative mediums which damage Nielson ratings is almost as bad as going to the internet and watching whatever you want, whenever you want without an inkling of loyalty to its makers or advertised show times. Don't be that kind of monster.So what disney never airs this show and splits episode premiers in the stupidest way possible? So what?

Dude, seriously?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Pick posted:

Ugh, not this thread too.

Sorry, I forgot the sarcastifont.(we all know the answer to that question) Were there any codes hidden in the Soos shorts? I was focused on Soos' selective maturity and Gabriel Iglesias barrio shirt.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Sithsaber posted:

No one is forcing you to not support the show by neglecting to help its ratings. Inconveniencing show owners and creators by selfishly asking for alternative mediums which damage Nielson ratings is almost as bad as going to the internet and watching whatever you want, whenever you want without an inkling of loyalty to its makers or advertised show times. Don't be that kind of monster. So what disney never airs this show and splits episode premiers in the stupidest way possible? So what?

I'm not asking for :filez: I just cannot afford cable tv

I guess you really hate it when people DVR shows and skip the commercials.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sithsaber posted:

Sorry, I forgot the sarcastifont.(we all know the answer to that question) Were there any codes hidden in the Soos shorts? I was focused on Soos' selective maturity and Gabriel Iglesias barrio shirt.

I meant you posting in it at all.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

PassTheRemote posted:

I'm not asking for :filez: I just cannot afford cable tv

I guess you really hate it when people DVR shows and skip the commercials.

I forgot the sarcastifont.

Second question: does the twins standing on the eye mean anything? How far did people get in decoding that zodiac circle thing?

I like but am not heavily invested in this show. (I binged instead of spending weeks dwelling on what it all could mean) This means you aren't getting any essays for this show. You will be buried in analysis when korra airs its next season though.

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 14, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sithsaber posted:

You will be buried in analysis when korra airs its next season though.

Oh, fantastic.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
So, with the new season announced, should there be a new thread? The old OP is exceedingly out of date and I could probably put together a new thread this evening if there's demand for one.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So, with the new season announced, should there be a new thread? The old OP is exceedingly out of date and I could probably put together a new thread this evening if there's demand for one.

With the hype train on its way a new thread would be timely. Please put the decoded clues into the op.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We should probably wait a bit, there's still a month and a half.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

MrAristocrates posted:

We should probably wait a bit, there's still a month and a half.

What, you think a month and a half is too long to ride the hype train?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

m2pt5 posted:

What, you think a month and a half is too long to ride the hype train?

Considering with season 2 with might have to ride this hype train for a full calender year, it might be worth waiting.

fake edit: I've been posting on SA for like seven years, did I somehow miss what "sarcastifont" is?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

El Tortuga posted:

Considering with season 2 with might have to ride this hype train for a full calender year, it might be worth waiting.

fake edit: I've been posting on SA for like seven years, did I somehow miss what "sarcastifont" is?

I think he means italics? Or maybe not, I'm not going to put that much thought into the ravings of a loon.

The real question anyway is what the title of a hypothetical new thread would be.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The real question anyway is what the title of a hypothetical new thread would be.

Gravity Falls: Twin Peaks for Kids!

Gravity Falls: Is Season 2 Airing Already?

Gravity Falls: Did Disney Really Make This Show?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

El Tortuga posted:

Sithsaber is a rambling moron, it's fine.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

MrAristocrates posted:

Sithsaber is a rambling moron, it's fine.

Fair enough. And on that note,

Gravity Falls - "I'm the Singin' Salmon spendin' all day jammin'"

or

Gravity Falls - "Need an amicable sidekick with a pick-up truck?"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Gravity Falls: The Show After Dog With a Blog

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Gravity Falls: Why it's not being promoted is just one of its many mysteries.

Gravity Falls: balancing cute and cthullu since 2012

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Don't reply to him, he's like samson but with shitposting and his hair is people replying to him.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Ignimbrite posted:

Don't reply to him, he's like samson but with shitposting and his hair is people replying to him.

It was a bad joke; there's no need to get cray cray.

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 15, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravity Falls - I've Been Twaumatized!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Gravity Falls: It's just like my life ...in a way

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Gravity Falls: You had your chance at the cotillion you!

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, that LA Film Fest panel was pretty cool. They dropped the August release date as well as showed us some images of how after going on a crappy tourist trap road trip up north for research, they spruced up the look of the mystery shack and the surrounding forest.

Yeah, the visuals this season are far better than they ever were. And that's saying something considering it's a really nicely animated show.

Not much else was really new. They did show us an alternative take on how Bill would have been introduced as well as did a script read of an alternative opening to Summerween where Grunkle Stan would have surprised Dipper and Mabel by ripping off his head in the cold open.

Typical Q&A afterwards of "how do I get into (animation/voice work/etc) and they signed a lot of posters.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's official.
https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/477913463218372608

The shack is back.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Gravity Falls Season 2: The Duchess Approves

or

Gravity Falls Season 2: Season 3 Coming 2020!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

The shack is back.

Gravity Falls Season 2: The Shack is Back

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Twenty Four posted:

Seconded

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jack Skeleton posted:

Yeah, that LA Film Fest panel was pretty cool. They dropped the August release date as well as showed us some images of how after going on a crappy tourist trap road trip up north for research, they spruced up the look of the mystery shack and the surrounding forest.

Yeah, the visuals this season are far better than they ever were. And that's saying something considering it's a really nicely animated show.

Not much else was really new. They did show us an alternative take on how Bill would have been introduced as well as did a script read of an alternative opening to Summerween where Grunkle Stan would have surprised Dipper and Mabel by ripping off his head in the cold open.

Typical Q&A afterwards of "how do I get into (animation/voice work/etc) and they signed a lot of posters.

After the second episode I asked Hirsch (back when he was less busy) if he'd gone to Enchanted Forest. I sure hope he had a chance since then.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Twenty Four posted:

This is pretty awesome.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Was out all day but I was there. They recorded it but the guy on camera works for the fest and said it would probably take a while for it to go up

Don't know if they will excise anything though since they showed us some new stuff

If anyone wants to know I can spoiler tag it

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 15, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Alan Smithee posted:

Was out all day but I was there. They recorded it but the guy on camera works for the fest and said it would probably take a while for it to go up

Don't know if they will excise anything though since they showed us some new stuff

If anyone wants to know I can spoiler tag it

[Sarcastifont] No, we don't want to know anything new about this wonderful show. [/Sarcastifont]

Quit teasing us and dish.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Sithsaber posted:

[Sarcastifont] No, we don't want to know anything new about this wonderful show. [/Sarcastifont]

Quit teasing us and dish.

Please don't ever do that again.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Please don't ever do that again.

Yeah I've gotten real corny today. I also said "dish" which is an ultimate wtf.

Back on point, did we ever get a date telling us how far into the summer the show got?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sithsaber posted:

Yeah I've gotten real corny today. I also said "dish" which is an ultimate wtf.

Back on point, did we ever get a date telling us how far into the summer the show got?

Apparently each season covers a month, if that's what you're asking.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Cloks posted:

Apparently each season covers a month, if that's what you're asking.

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yeah uh I don't know what is going on here but whatever, thread drama is stupid

For anyone who wants to know what was at the show this pretty much goes over most of it
http://themysteryofgravityfalls.tumblr.com/post/88787915984/couldnt-make-the-gravity-falls-live-panel-today

There is one thing I'm pretty sure is missing though
There was BG art of like a listening/radio station structure on a hill with a satellite dish at night. The only vague description was that "someone" is listening in (on them)

Jesus this Mystery of GF person is apparently in my city or very very dedicated. Here's a ghetto rear end bootleg version of the clip. Note that it's very bad and you shouldn't watch because a lot gets cut off but if for whatever reason you need to sate your curiosity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GDO_PVIWhY

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 15, 2014

• Locked thread