Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

really strange how pusha t didn’t say a thing when his boss claimed black slavery was a choice. hmmmmm. weird. yuuuuuuuuuuuckkkgghk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkeu posted:

really strange how pusha t didn’t say a thing when his boss claimed black slavery was a choice. hmmmmm. weird. yuuuuuuuuuuuckkkgghk

i'ma keep calling you out pusha t spoke out against kanye and his political statements/leanings in every interview he's done lately

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
and im canadian so therefore the most qualified to judge all things Drake

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I gave Ye another listen in the car on the way home and man I just don't enjoy it and don't plan on giving it another listen barring him making changes to basically every song. There are bits and pieces of songs here and there that I like, but large portions of it are just complete poo poo. I like Valee on All Mine more than anything else on the album and I thought that PARTYNEXTDOOR was Thugga crooning in his Jeffrey style when listening to the lovely twitch stream but like that part of Wouldn't Leave. Cudi sounds horrible on Ghost Town and Shake's lyrics are dumb as gently caress.

Yeezus and TLOP might not be the classics that his previous albums were, but I'd put the worst 7 songs of either of those albums against this easily.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Hey monkeu who exactly are you arguing against?

Also gently caress the gently caress off loser

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this album barely qualifies as music in the traditional sense and is just impossible to enjoy as such. if you want to enjoy it as A Portrait of a Dying Man or w/e that's cool but it's not good like daytona is good nor is it a rap album like daytona is a rap album

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I can understand not liking it but lol @ “not a rap album or music”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good Dog posted:

Yeezus and TLOP might not be the classics that his previous albums were, but I'd put the worst 7 songs of either of those albums against this easily.
Yeah, like for example: for whatever reason, I always forget Guilt Trip and Send It Up are on the tracklist on Yeezus. They occupy the space between Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2 and I just always forget they exist. But I'd rather listen to those 2 songs on repeat 7 times each rather than listen to this album again.

The difference in quality is just staggering.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
don't misquote me, i said 'barely music or a rap album'

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

conventionalcat posted:

i'ma keep calling you out pusha t spoke out against kanye and his political statements/leanings in every interview he's done lately

yeah he’s said “it’s something I disagree with him on” and left it at that. what a strong statement from our washed up high horse gossip girl yuuuuuuuuucjckck

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I just think the hyperbole people are using is a little ridiculous. Like on reddit I see people claiming “this is a work of genius, best thing he’s ever done, I’m cumming to cudis offkey moaning as I type this” and here it’s “uh this is barely even music no one could possibly like this!” And it’s just both dumb. Like it’s some pretty hot beats with rapping that’s hit or miss and a lack of polish, it definitely at least qualifies as rap music lol.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

monkeu posted:

yuuuuuuuuucjckck
Is this seriously gonna be in every single one of your posts lmao

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

monkeu posted:

yeah he’s said “it’s something I disagree with him on” and left it at that. what a strong statement from our washed up high horse gossip girl yuuuuuuuuucjckck

he said they get in heated arguments to the point where it strains their relationship and they have to put it aside to get any music done on hot 97 or something

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

please stop replying to the dickhead. he got no end of poo poo for not letting the australian rap thing go and after that finally died he became an innocuous young thug guy for like a year until the dormant retard virus stirred back to life and your owns only fuel him

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, like for example: for whatever reason, I always forget Guilt Trip and Send It Up are on the tracklist on Yeezus. They occupy the space between Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2 and I just always forget they exist. But I'd rather listen to those 2 songs on repeat 7 times each rather than listen to this album again.

The difference in quality is just staggering.

Yeezus without Black Skinhead, Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2 is a better 7 song album than this.

Ye has bars worse than I Love Kanye and worse adlibs/spoken word than Silver Surfer. Discounting those 2 tracks the next worst 7 tracks off of TLOP are way better than anything on Ye. Ye would have been a better album with Lift Yourself on it.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeezus level below first 3 and twisted. Listenable music solely due to the dearth of hot poo poo out.

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marching Powder posted:

please stop replying to the dickhead. he got no end of poo poo for not letting the australian rap thing go and after that finally died he became an innocuous young thug guy for like a year until the dormant retard virus stirred back to life and your owns only fuel him

i just wanted him to know canada doesnt support him or his cause. i'd be willing to trade drake for bieber now. I'm the One baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weeI1G46q0o

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Kanye is wack and jumped the shark a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k--a3RwC6ik

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 2, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good Dog posted:

Yeezus without Black Skinhead, Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2 is a better 7 song album than this.

Ye has bars worse than I Love Kanye and worse adlibs/spoken word than Silver Surfer. Discounting those 2 tracks the next worst 7 tracks off of TLOP are way better than anything on Ye. Ye would have been a better album with Lift Yourself on it.
I hate to admit it because Lift Yourself is a great beat ruined by dumb scatting for me, but yeah, it's still far more interesting than a handful of these tracks at least. At least the scatting is attention-grabbing.

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
kanye jumped the shark on Stronger and it was a good move. that song and Can't Tell Me Nothing were kanye's IYRTITL and Back to Back

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TenaciousTomato posted:

I feel this way, I but grew to enjoy TLOP. I hate his guts for being a little weird bitch, but am forever grateful to what his early music did for me at the segments of life they dropped.

Plus he's responsible accidentally for brockhampton which was pretty terrific until like *checks notes* 5 days ago. I dunno can't help but gently caress with him on a small, but permanent level.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kanye is 50% responsible for daytona. he just took a poo poo for sure, but being responsible for 50% of daytona is better than the contributions of the bottom 90% of the entire rest of the rap game with nas and a cudi album still en route.

i'm not badmouthing ye because he just released probably the worst album i've heard since the individual efforts of sr3mm

oh yeah and the individual efforts on sr3mm are way worse than what ye just dropped

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Marching Powder posted:

oh yeah and the individual efforts on sr3mm are way worse than what ye just dropped
I still haven't listened to Sr3mm and now I definitely don't want to! :stonk:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This man solo career bout to take off. 2016 was my poo poo tho, and Saba album still slaps mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=konRH1u-Wj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b2Ke0VVvis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0e0296KHeo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I still haven't listened to Sr3mm and now I definitely don't want to! :stonk:

seriously the colab third is worth listening to. juicy j has a great feature on there and it's just good music. honestly though the individual efforts are worth listening to just to appreciate how bad music in this genre can get. it might be the worst rap music i've ever heard.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i absolutely love sremmlife 2 pretty much all the way through, and like powerglide well enough, but everyone's warnings about sremm 3 have kept me far the gently caress away. i guess i'll give the collab part a shot though

black beatles and look alive still have my favorite production of like the last 5 years either way

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
throw this on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbPoXDAWou0

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
holy gently caress pusha on kimmel shoulda been on snl or, idk, something that actually has any cultural cachet, cuz it ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGchOptfU-Q

this good

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1002784133888688128

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJIT7QowpRk

3peat
May 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pPMg9l6Yik

"Sophie told me she was an urban model" lmao

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
New kanye album shouldn't even be called an album it literally sounds like a compilation of poopity scoopity level songs and doesn't even have a run time of 30 minutes. What a joke that he will make millions from this garbage.

Also Kanye's attempt at doing trap style rapping sounded very poor, im not even sure if it was supposed to be a joke. That's kind of my impression of the whole album actually. The fact that there's a theory gaining traction on reddit that he made the album poo poo on purpose as the "death of new kanye" really says something about the quality of the music and also how far fans will bend over backwards to convince themselves that something isn't a dissapointment.

Try listening to the album and rating it honestly without thinking of Kanye's historical relevance. It's a joke. Yes he has a bunch of other albums coming out now and good previous works, this one still sucks.

denzelcurrypower fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 2, 2018

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Marching Powder posted:

kanye is 50% responsible for daytona. he just took a poo poo for sure, but being responsible for 50% of daytona is better than the contributions of the bottom 90% of the entire rest of the rap game with nas and a cudi album still en route.

i'm not badmouthing ye because he just released probably the worst album i've heard since the individual efforts of sr3mm

Kanye still has ability but he needs his lexipro or something when he's about to make 5 albums at the same time

I mean he scrapped an ENTIRE Pusha T album to reproduce it himself, made this 7 songs decision (worked for Pusha but not for him) and seemingly made every beat in every album himself. That's some really crazy poo poo and I don't think anyone could do successfully being stretched so thin while also dealing with everything emotionally. This album is rushed, incoherent and is a Jackson Pollock painting that reflects the inability for Kanye to analyze his words and actions. He used to be Omar and now he turned into Bishop.

It's sad because he still has amazing talent and ability as a producer, but dude may just be too fried right now to putting his thoughts together in a cohesive way.

*MBDTF is the GOAT album, fyi

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
Someone told me Lil Ugly Mane was the American ripoff of Yung Lean but to me it seems Yung Lean is the blonde snow fairy version of the same sound complete with nord synths

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

TenaciousTomato posted:

preach

it always bums me out that the cool kids dudes never really blew up like that. other than drops their careers really peaked with bake sale. i loved that ep so much i wish they could have taken things further.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dillon2 posted:

Someone told me Lil Ugly Mane was the American ripoff of Yung Lean but to me it seems Yung Lean is the blonde snow fairy version of the same sound complete with nord synths

There's multiple interviews with Yung Lean where he talks about how much LUM influenced him so whoever told you it was the other way around didn't bother to do much research.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I’m a bit of a yung lean stan but I don’t think they sound anything alike.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Robert Analog posted:

I’m a bit of a yung lean stan but I don’t think they sound anything alike.

They're both indie white dudes. That's about the only commonality.

Also, both of them produce work consistently better than 'ye' not that that's saying much.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
The new Black Thought EP is fantastic, nothing but bars

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
don't compare ye to lum or lean. that's crossing a line. yuughck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

holy gently caress pusha on kimmel shoulda been on snl or, idk, something that actually has any cultural cachet, cuz it ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGchOptfU-Q

this good

yeah this is good.

the bad kanye album is a false flag. real album out soon.

thats cool about LUM influencing yung lean, both dudes are absolute visionaries.