Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

sqad rhymes with nad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Aesculus posted:

How is "Sqad" pronounced

I will never reveal the Delta Sqad secret

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

sqad rhymes with nad

Noooooooooo

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

MRC48B posted:

S-K-Wah-D (?)

It's only S-k-Wah-D when the "U" is in front of the Q. Otherwise the Q by itself is a Kah sound, and they only wrote "Sqad", thus, S-K-Ah-D

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mederlock posted:

incursion Squad

Incursion Squad hasn't gotten itself airlocked yet? That's amazing.

I was in it around the time Joe Barbarian got himself shot in the head for ironically being a massive tryhard. Then Nolak got shot for RMTing. They were talking on coms about setting up an incursion donation account so members could send money and Incursion FCs could use that money to order take-out while leading fleets. I was 100% sure this was building up to some cataclysmic drama.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Katt posted:

Incursion Squad hasn't gotten itself airlocked yet? That's amazing.

I was in it around the time Joe Barbarian got himself shot in the head for ironically being a massive tryhard. Then Nolak got shot for RMTing. They were talking on coms about setting up an incursion donation account so members could send money and Incursion FCs could use that money to order take-out while leading fleets. I was 100% sure this was building up to some cataclysmic drama.

the whole nolak drama episode was pretty amazing reading.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
nolak is bugme123 or whatever right

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Loky11 posted:

the whole nolak drama episode was pretty amazing reading.

He only got shot because he admitted that they banned him for RMTing (which he of course denied)

Then supposedly the Alliance looked at his finances and noted that this guy had spent the past years krabbing his rear end off all day every day and he had basically zero assets besides his krab gear to show for it.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Wait, we can play EVE in our browsers now? Can I multi-box using browser tabs?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Always amusing to hear about incursion squad drama, what else can you expect from a group who’s founding member was Vily.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

incursion squad pooling their resources to order bulk tubesocks from alibaba

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Of course incursion squad was founded by Vily. I always wondered how he would have got the alliance to generate him isk when he was still relevant.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Running a corp in eve is all about grifting.

What do you think solo drakban's slush fund was for?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Xolve posted:

Nobody forgets a grown rear end man that wears Ninja Turtle Underwear

true, but we're trying anyway

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

"EoM" Avatar KM from CCP's RP stuff today: https://zkillboard.com/kill/92615355/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I'm definitely refitting my Avatar to shield/rail.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

coelomate posted:

"EoM" Avatar KM from CCP's RP stuff today: https://zkillboard.com/kill/92615355/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I'm definitely refitting my Avatar to shield/rail.

Sadly, that's accurate lore-wise. In the few missions where EoM shows up as a rat type, they're basically Guristas stat-wise (use railguns and missiles, shield tank, weak to kinetic) but the hulls appear to be Amarr.

It's never been explained why that is, and it's probably just that CCP fatfingered it 17 years ago and then forgot about it.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 6, 2021

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

coelomate posted:

Holy crap that's a cheap fit. 65B hull, 4B in modulus.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
What's EoM, lore-wise?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Ajaxify posted:

What's EoM, lore-wise?

Amarr death cult that uses Amarr ships but with Caldari specs (shields, railguns). There's a bit more about their lore here but for the most part they're trash mobs that don't even get space.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I wish I could find all those old lore stories in epub format. I also wish CCP kept writing them.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
I'm a returning goon and I'm playing in high sec with a bud for now. I don't really have anything of worth, except possibly my corporation.

I have a company named Orbital Manufacturing, and it has the ticker OBAMA. Is there anyone who would value such a thing, and how much isk could I get for it?

I also have The Bluth Company [BLUTH] but I want to keep that one.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i'll give you 69,000 isk

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Dalmuti posted:

i'll give you 69,000 isk

space nice

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Grevlek posted:

I'm a returning goon and I'm playing in high sec with a bud for now. I don't really have anything of worth, except possibly my corporation.

I have a company named Orbital Manufacturing, and it has the ticker OBAMA. Is there anyone who would value such a thing, and how much isk could I get for it?

I'm pretty happy with my high-sec alt's corp ticker of [8UTTS], sadly [BUTTS] with a 'B' was taken by a corp that's been long since abandoned

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I was not allowed to have the CUMS ticker.

CUM5 is fine tho.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I definitely don’t remember what my alt corp ticker is, but it is named Fittetryne :smug:

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I got the TITSZ ticker

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Grevlek posted:

I'll give you all of delve minus the 1dQ constellation, the downside is you may have to shoot some nerds to use your space.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'll give you all of delve minus the 1dQ constellation, the downside is you may have to shoot some nerds to use your space.

idgi what's the downside

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

ullerrm posted:

Sadly, that's accurate lore-wise. In the few missions where EoM shows up as a rat type, they're basically Guristas stat-wise (use railguns and missiles, shield tank, weak to kinetic) but the hulls appear to be Amarr.

It's never been explained why that is, and it's probably just that CCP fatfingered it 17 years ago and then forgot about it.

Couldn't it be just so they match the rats in the space they appear?

It's a PVE thing and it would kind of suck for PVE players if they show up and you need a whole separate ship setup to fight them. Or just get wiped out instantly because your ship is built specifically for other rats.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

coelomate posted:

Thats all of the expanded lore ccp came up for EoM in a decade?
Sad.

I'd reinstall for a t2 khanid/eom abaddon and avatars

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
eve has such a good foundational base for a successful video game idk how the devs hosed it up so bad

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

eve has such a good foundational base for a successful video game idk how the devs hosed it up so bad

it could be worse, it could be elite:dangerous

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Ive had W A Y more fun in elite dangerous and never once said COME ON YOU lovely GAME, loving WORK.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

MaxPowers posted:

Ive had W A Y more fun in elite dangerous and never once said COME ON YOU lovely GAME, loving WORK.

:psyduck:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Ok maybe a couple times

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Lol because Elite: Dangerous Fleet Carriers charge upkeep even if you don't login to the game but Titans and Supers don't.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Grevlek posted:

We are all worthless in Goonswarm, come over here and join the fray

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Oh great. Now all Libertarians will lose their interest in the game and it will die off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Hiring players and trying to be a multi-title studio

Plus eating rotten shark