Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Thankfully they've capped Uncharted at 3 videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
uncharted is cool, i'd watch a full series

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
The podcast will be Woolie-less for the first time. Train wrecks in-bound.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

The podcast will be Woolie-less for the first time. Train wrecks in-bound.

I'm watching over some nephews so I just peeked in for a sec to see if nothing was on fire. Seems like Pat is mostly just cautiously doing Woolie's job while they oroboros-dicksuck themselves reading this article. Which is good enough for me.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Expert editing on the ending of the newest Policenauts video

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Farg posted:

uncharted is cool, i'd watch a full series

Same.

Wish people would ever go into detail on what they want out the platforming. Is Tomb Raider's press a button to stick to a wall every so often method enough? Do you want something like Prince of Persia? Do you want double jumps and disappearing platforms? Fair enough if the shooting doesn't work for you, I can imagine ways that could be better, but no one every goes into detail on the climbing/platforming. Since I play a lot of one-trick pony RPGs like Pokemon or Fire Emblem or Xenoblade platforming doesn't ever come up so I have no idea what flavor of jumping they're looking for. :v:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Hey xenoblade totally had platforming, there was that one slide in the mountains

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Farg posted:

Hey xenoblade totally had platforming, there was that one slide in the mountains

Oh yeah, right. Okay, replace Xenoblade with Vanquish.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't believe one of the bullet points on the email matt and pat got about death cargo follow up GOREBREAKER was "adding actual gameplay"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I never disagreed more than Pat saying Meat is the worst looking character

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

How many viewers do they usually pull with their live stream of the podcast?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Beware lovely audio mixing but get hype for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_2MBzfmXY

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HGH posted:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

HGH posted:

I can feel Matt jerking off right now.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm a little less bitter about living this long now that no more heroes somehow got a third game. Now all I have to do is have to mug a rich person for their switch.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Now to wait for Heroes Paradise 3.0

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want to point out

No More Heroes 3 might come out before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Despite the fact that No More Heroes 1 only came out two years after KH2.

We're going to get three No More Heroes games in the time it takes KH3 to come out what the gently caress

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
btw nmh3 is also indie game kingdom hearts

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Yes, but there's a boatload of Kingdom Hearts games in that gap of time. Browser games, mobile games, DS/3DS/PSP games, remixes, re-releases, prequels, interquels and all sorts of poo poo. Kingdom Hearts never stop, man.

Also, Dead Space 2, nice. Is this the first game since Metal Gear Rising where they both have played through the game before?

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 30, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder if getting up was quietly taken out back behind the shed and shot

probably not since matt is insistent on them not dropping anything but boy I would not mind just ds2/policenauts for a while

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Dead space 2 is a break in case of emergency game, about time!!
e: lol matt says it in the start

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I was hoping they'd piss everyone off and announce the entire Infamous series as their next LP.

Or, good game with an odd intro, Metroid Prime.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I wonder if getting up was quietly taken out back behind the shed and shot

probably not since matt is insistent on them not dropping anything but boy I would not mind just ds2/policenauts for a while

More Patt, especially horror survival patt, is always a good thing.

I think the main issue with why Getting Up is taking so long is because 1) Woolie is on vacation and 2) Matt has to literally replay up to where they're at on the console version.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010

davidHalestorm posted:

Also, Dead Space 2, nice. Is this the first game since Metal Gear Rising where they both have played through the game before?

Didn't RE4 come out after Rising' s Lp? In any case, I'm super excited. Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Renaissance Nerd posted:

Didn't RE4 come out after Rising' s Lp? In any case, I'm super excited. Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games.
Because it shows how hosed we are as a species?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

drat, I was hoping they'd piss everyone off and announce the entire Infamous series as their next LP.

I'd be hyped, those games were great dumb fun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

I'd be hyped, those games were great dumb fun.

I like em too, I'm just scrambled right now, because of comments on the Uncharted videos calling them movies. :psyduck:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I like em too, I'm just scrambled right now, because of comments on the Uncharted videos calling them movies. :psyduck:

I've started seeing this a lot too as more time goes by, it's usually from channers and poo poo but regardless of where it's coming from I legit don't know how it became a thing, they say it for The Last of Us a whole lot too and having replayed that game in full recently, what game are they playing that's apparently all movie? As much as I like them I wanna say Rich/Jack from RLM and their games thing PreRec stoked some of that bullshit, a while back they had some big weird deal making GBS threads on Naughty Dog for I forget what even.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They probably got it because Mother's basement, one of their channels they endorse, literally has a video about naughty dog games not being games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Tae posted:

They probably got it because Mother's basement, one of their channels they endorse, literally has a video about naughty dog games not being games.

What kind of special person mental gymnastics does that entail I wonder, not actually gonna watch it but christ, the "NOT A REAL GAEM!" people keep getting dumber.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think Naughty Dog is boring and I hate them but I hate Mother's Basement more.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HGH posted:

I think Naughty Dog is boring and I hate them but I hate Mother's Basement more.
I liked their reviews on why SAO sucked so much. :v:

They might be talking about how Last of Us and Uncharted have a cinema aura around them, their plots and scenes scripted out like a film that happens to be interactable.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 30, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I mean, the Order 1886 is the only 'more a movie than a game' I can think of off the top of my head.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tae posted:

More Patt, especially horror survival patt, is always a good thing.

I think the main issue with why Getting Up is taking so long is because 1) Woolie is on vacation and 2) Matt has to literally replay up to where they're at on the console version.

Without all the fumbling around they done learning the game etc, they're only like half an hour into Gettin Up.

I'm the only defender of the Gettin Up LP, just because I liked the game a lot as a kid. Granted, it has not aged well at all.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm kind of disappointed they're skipping over the first Dead Space and going right to two, since all things considered I like it more, but at the same time two is a way better game overall... Still a missed chance for a full LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, it took a couple months but now I get why they say Heihachi probably couldn't take, the strongest Street Fighter of them all, Cody, in a fight.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Overlord K posted:

I'm kind of disappointed they're skipping over the first Dead Space and going right to two, since all things considered I like it more, but at the same time two is a way better game overall... Still a missed chance for a full LP.
Agreed on this, DS1 was pretty much just as good to me as 2 even though both are quite different. Hell if DS3 had split screen I would be hoping for a playthrough of that too if only so they could show off one of the coolest things in the game (co op player seeing different poo poo than the other guy) and I guess the writing in it might have been just stupid enough to riff on in a fun way.

Though I do get why they wouldn't want to play it. Hell, I liked it a lot when it came out but only because I have ever played it in cooperative mode and outside of that it's straight up awful pretty much!

e: also I just realized how super fine I would be with a new Dead Space game. Would obviously have to be a prequel or a new universe or something because you know, the ending to the DS3 DLC where everyone on earth loving dies thanks to an unbeatable necromorph planet which will consume all living life forever. Hell maybe there were multiples of those too.
Anyways everything was forever hosed for everyone

smuh fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 31, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Matt and Liam are still going to do Life is Strange, but on Matt's channel.

Looks like I have to actually follow his channel now if it's just the third video of the day from them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

His channel is a good follow, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really like solo content but if he is playing with Liam I'll check it out