Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I'm pretty sure she's the only female character the Empire ever had on the tabletop. Fortunately, she's making up for lost time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Anno posted:

The three packs are currently 9, 10 and 11 in the global revenue ranks so I assume most people are buying the bundle.

making this the bundle was a weird choice for CA, given everyone plays empire and dwarves anyway so what's an extra five bucks for the whole thing

I suppose that's how they get you tho

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Now the long wait for all of my mods to update.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Gunslinger posted:

Now the long wait for all of my mods to update.

Ah, are there a lot of changes to the tables that break mods this time?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It might be confirmation bias but it feels like they managed to optimise turn time even further.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah this is the case whenever they add new units, as I understand it

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Lord Koth posted:

Didn't they change Rampage a while back, so it triggers at dropping below 75% and 25% HP? Pavane applies the effect, but you still have to somehow deal enough damage to trigger it as well. Also only works twice.

That change was to the Rampage passive abilities some units have. Spells that force Rampage still work as usual.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Only had time to do some quick battle testing but amethyst units are fuckin stupid lmfao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Anno posted:

The three packs are currently 9, 10 and 11 in the global revenue ranks so I assume most people are buying the bundle.

That far down the list? Layoffs Confirmed youtube thumbnail deploying in 3... 2...

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Psycho Landlord posted:

Only had time to do some quick battle testing but amethyst units are fuckin stupid lmfao

Stupid (laudatory) I assume? Because they did look very overpowered in a funny way

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DaysBefore posted:

Stupid (laudatory) I assume? Because they did look very overpowered in a funny way

Extremely laudatory yes, they also have unique unit barks so you get a purple goth landship and it owns

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

DaysBefore posted:

That far down the list? Layoffs Confirmed youtube thumbnail deploying in 3... 2...

Sure, except that the base game also happens to be #2 right now too.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Extremely so, they went in and hosed with some fundamentals around attack typing and how block can work.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol I knew they were not gonna do the 10% off pre-orders like normal

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

does tamurkhan just seriously have throggs melee animations lmao?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

does tamurkhan just seriously have throggs melee animations lmao?

no

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Third World Reagan posted:

lol I knew they were not gonna do the 10% off pre-orders like normal

The 10% off preorder price basically got folded into the bundle being $22.50. We didn't even have an opportunity to preorder so :shrug:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah that is extra scummy

Buy the whole thing at discount or no discount

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i guess they just give the same three moves to every lord with a two hand weapon: unsatisfying kick, weird spin with the side of the weapon instead of the blade, and overhead chop

grobbo
May 29, 2014

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i guess they just give the same three moves to every lord with a two hand weapon: unsatisfying kick, weird spin with the side of the weapon instead of the blade, and overhead chop

I fundamentally don't understand how anyone just zooms in and patiently watches the animations play out on a specific character when instead you could be spending the entire battle obsessively panning back and forth checking in on my little guys, how are my little guys doing do they need any help, oh no my guys

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
lul, if you get a chieftan while under siege, they never show up. RIP dwarf man, you were too pure for nurgle.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

grobbo posted:

I fundamentally don't understand how anyone just zooms in and patiently watches the animations play out on a specific character when instead you could be spending the entire battle obsessively panning back and forth checking in on my little guys, how are my little guys doing do they need any help, oh no my guys

I use longer battle mods specifically so I can zoom in and watch the boys fight. Also because they're more fun and give you more time to plan and maneuver etc but it's almost entirely the first part

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
when you're winning a battle by a mile you can watch the animations ez

also pros save and watch replays unironically if you want to give a poo poo about pvp

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

apologies to tamurkhan my first battle with him he was acting weird on a hillside and spamming the same couple of attack animations over and over and it seemed fucky and generic

on flat ground he has some cool sync kills, bless the worm boy

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Yah that is extra scummy

According to the CA blog, if you buy one DLC and then purchase the others later, you'll get the 15% discount applied retroactively, so it could be worse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yah that is extra scummy

Nah not really.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I’m still burned by SoC, so I’m going to wait to see how all this shakes out. I don’t blame anyone being wary of CA.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Yah that is extra scummy

Eh I don't really see it that way. You either get the entire DLC at a bigger discount than you would normally (15% vs 10% on the old pre-purchases), and for more factions/stuff than previous DLC, or you can buy only the faction(s) you're interested in playing for significantly less than the whole bundle.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I'm only paying £15 and getting all the stuff I want, seems good to me.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
It's fitting that this pack has added a dead wizard, a dead ogre and a dwarf who wants to be dead to this dead game.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Four turns in and Elspeth is making a compelling case that she should be the one running the Empire instead of this Carl guy, whoever he is

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Shadows of Change taught me patience, so even with cool new DLC that I want, the plan is to wait for it to go on sale and pick it up then if I'm still interested. The Empire rework might pull me back in to play the content I already own though, so thanks for that I guess.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dramicus posted:

It's fitting that this pack has added a dead wizard, a dead ogre and a dwarf who wants to be dead to this dead game.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Rot Knights might be one of my new favorite units, holy poo poo. Fast (for Nurgle), AP, anti-large, good base stats, good charge bonus, regeneration? Hell yes, praise the Plaguefather!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Dramicus posted:

:hmmyes:

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

das hipster posted:

According to the CA blog, if you buy one DLC and then purchase the others later, you'll get the 15% discount applied retroactively, so it could be worse.

The individual %15 discounts dont seem to be working. I already bought the Malakai DLC and Elspeth's DLC is still full priced. Also, I had a look on Fanatical and the Elspeth DLC is listed at $999 for some reason while the others have normal prices. This whole selling the DLC in bits thing is a great idea, but CA still has a lot of work ahead to actually make it function correctly...

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Mr.48 posted:

The individual %15 discounts dont seem to be working. I already bought the Malakai DLC and Elspeth's DLC is still full priced. Also, I had a look on Fanatical and the Elspeth DLC is listed at $999 for some reason while the others have normal prices. This whole selling the DLC in bits thing is a great idea, but CA still has a lot of work ahead to actually make it function correctly...

I haven't bought any of the three yet, but I'm planning on it once I get paid, hopefully they'll have it sorted by then.

Also

quote:

CA still has a lot of work ahead to actually make it function correctly

I think this is actually the official CA company motto

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mr.48 posted:

the wording there is you get the 15% discount when you finish your collection

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

As in

DLC1 is 9 bucks
DLC2 is 9 bucks
DLC3 is 4 bucks

Or buy them all for 23

There is no possible way to get all 3 DLCs for 27 bucks, or 9x3

It is impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Yah that is extra scummy

"Stop predatory preorders!"
"No, not like that!"

Also the bundle discount is bigger than the pre-order discount.