Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My buddy bought the new G.I. Joe o-ring two-pack from HasbroPulse, but his included two Snake Eyes figures instead of a Snake Eyes and a Storm Shadow! He contacted Hasbro, and they told him there's nothing they can do because they don't have any left, even for customer service issues. They're going to send him something random in the same price range, but won't even grant him a refund.

I know this is the biggest long shot ever, but I don't suppose anyone might have ended up with two Storm Shadows, or just wanted the Snake Eyes and would sell the Storm Shadow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Burkion posted:

God could you imagine if Hasbro did this poo poo?

Even ignoring the no joke actual toy thieves, you also just have all the people who get their merch legally and officially that just haven't been revealed or promoted.

I mean, I picked up RED Prime Knockout the other week from a Walmart, and Hasbro only officially announced him a few days ago. If I’d reviewed him, would I be at fault?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Captain Invictus posted:

youtube's takedown rules are poo poo through and through, Totally Not Mark recently got just deluged with takedowns, over 150 of them iirc, from Toei Animation for his reviews. Some of which did not include a single piece of their content, but they claimed them anyways and exploited the algorithm. Eventually TNM managed to work something out and got most of his stuff restored. I dunno if this guy is in the same sort of situation, though.

There has to be something going on in the backend of YouTube, Nintendo just took down 2-3 channels under similar deluges. Maybe they rolled out software for companies to handle claims more easily.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There has to be something going on in the backend of YouTube, Nintendo just took down 2-3 channels under similar deluges. Maybe they rolled out software for companies to handle claims more easily.

I don't remember who it was, but I saw a vid that showed the Nintendo music video takedowns were probably from a fake Nintendo. All the copyright claims were from "Nintendo" and not "Nintendo of America" like past claims. Weird.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I don't remember who it was, but I saw a vid that showed the Nintendo music video takedowns were probably from a fake Nintendo. All the copyright claims were from "Nintendo" and not "Nintendo of America" like past claims. Weird.

Yeah it’s confusing, I’ve seen it suggested both ways and there’s no clarity who’s behind it. In Hasbro’s case though there have been lots if examples of Legends “leaking” before they’re officially revealed yet channels weren’t taken down. Most recent I can remember was the Eternals wave.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I had Fennec Shand in my hands before she was announced. Same with the rest of that wave that I left on the shelf. (oh and reissue Tigatron too) Its not the consumer's fault when we buy from a store, geez louise megacorporations. Give us a break!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The new Black Series wave also popping up in Minnesota Targets.

Again, any help is appreciated. Feelsbadman

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Still trying to find that Ghostbusters 2 pack. :smith:

Hey are you still looking for this?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
In case anybody wasn't aware, the Legends X-Men wave is up for pre-order today at 10 am pacific/1 pm eastern. For me it's a bit of a dud wave but I'm hoping to snag a loose Siryn and BAF Bonebreaker from Dorkside today.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

In case anybody wasn't aware, the Legends X-Men wave is up for pre-order today at 10 am pacific/1 pm eastern. For me it's a bit of a dud wave but I'm hoping to snag a loose Siryn and BAF Bonebreaker from Dorkside today.

I’ve never seen one of the BAFs available to order, good luck! I want my Maggot!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is that the wave with the best sabretooth costume?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DrChud posted:

Hey are you still looking for this?

I am!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I found a lone set just hanging out on the bottom shelf by random crap. First thing I though of was “I wonder if The_Doctor is still looking for it.” I grabbed it to be safe. Shoot me a PM and we can figure it out😊

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I’ve never seen one of the BAFs available to order, good luck! I want my Maggot!

Dorkside generally does loose pre-orders for singles at a few dollars less, along with ordering a loose BAF (usually $60 or $70), which is so much better than buying a wave for only a BAF and trying to sell figures nobody really wants.

e: yep DS listed loose Bonebreaker, pre-ordered him and Siryn.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 8, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

I found a lone set just hanging out on the bottom shelf by random crap. First thing I though of was “I wonder if The_Doctor is still looking for it.” I grabbed it to be safe. Shoot me a PM and we can figure it out😊

Yet another thing I love about this thread.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Yet another thing I love about this thread.

Speaking of which, Rhyno did you happen to get the Hallmark Castle Grayskull ornament this year?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Does anyone know what the Variant Wave of Ultimates Turtles amounts to? Is it just updated paint apps?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Shiroc posted:

Does anyone know what the Variant Wave of Ultimates Turtles amounts to? Is it just updated paint apps?

The Wave 1 re-release? The weapons racks are a slightly different tint, otherwise they are completely the same figures.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Louisgod posted:

Dorkside generally does loose pre-orders for singles at a few dollars less, along with ordering a loose BAF (usually $60 or $70), which is so much better than buying a wave for only a BAF and trying to sell figures nobody really wants.

e: yep DS listed loose Bonebreaker, pre-ordered him and Siryn.

I'm a sucker for X-Men so I bought the whole wave. Thankfully Wolverine doesn't have a BAF piece so I can skip buying my eighth or ninth Wolverine.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I missed the drat Dorkside BAF buy, and really want the BAF but am loathe to order that entire wave (minus Wolverine, which honestly is probably the only figure I'd want since he's in a new costume and that's a new unmasked head) just to get him.

Guess I'm not gonna be building up an entire set of Reavers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

Speaking of which, Rhyno did you happen to get the Hallmark Castle Grayskull ornament this year?

I did!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

I missed the drat Dorkside BAF buy, and really want the BAF but am loathe to order that entire wave (minus Wolverine, which honestly is probably the only figure I'd want since he's in a new costume and that's a new unmasked head) just to get him.

Guess I'm not gonna be building up an entire set of Reavers.

Nah I guarantee this wave will be clearanced a couple months after it’s released, it’s very underwhelming.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Very nice! I picked up a few extras that were on clearance at my local store, was curious if you would need it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It came out before I went nuts, before I was being frugal.

Day two of new job in the books! Wife and I are gonna go on a toy hunt in 2 weeks for my birthday! Things are looking up!

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It's cool that we're getting Maggot but I wish they had included a head with sunglasses with him, oh well maybe they'll include that with the very obvious colour variant of him if they ever reuse him for a boxset

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If it matters the X-Men wave is a few bucks cheaper on amazon compared to BBTS and Dorkside.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I ordered blind box 'Sailor Guardians themed Desserts' and they are so ridiculously cute:

These are Venus and Chibi Moon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've got two figures coming in, first of the year for me. And first of a lot if this year goes well

please go well

What's the scale on those desserts? Can you have them eat their own desserts?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They're probably slightly too big to look entirely right with the Figuarts size ones. The plate for Venus is maybe a little over an inch.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Relevant to most likely only me, Figuarts Sailor Moon Eternal

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm having a hard time telling if they've updated the joints on her since the original figures

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The shoulders might be a little different because of how the sleeves are but everything else probably is the same. The listing said she comes with 'Set of dedicated pedestals' which is good. The wings would be in the way of the traditional Figuarts stands.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Shiroc posted:

I ordered blind box 'Sailor Guardians themed Desserts' and they are so ridiculously cute:

These are Venus and Chibi Moon.

Those are really cute. Is that Sailor V banana pancakes?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

On my way to work I found the rest of the sweet new retro Spider-Man wave. Ben, Symbiote and Hobgoblin. All bangers, though the Ben head is a bit strangely shaped.

Speaking of work, I will have less time to toy hunt now. I put in my two weeks at my more mobile job, and will be in an office all day long at my new one. Pretty excited for a new opportunity and more money.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Here you go, Godzilla fans:

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1491517375442739202

I'm just holding out for a Gigan.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Collect all 6 monsters? Why yes, I think I will.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

On my way to work I found the rest of the sweet new retro Spider-Man wave. Ben, Symbiote and Hobgoblin. All bangers, though the Ben head is a bit strangely shaped.

Speaking of work, I will have less time to toy hunt now. I put in my two weeks at my more mobile job, and will be in an office all day long at my new one. Pretty excited for a new opportunity and more money.

poo poo. Those are out already? Going to have to start hunting for the symbiote Spider-Man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

poo poo. Those are out already? Going to have to start hunting for the symbiote Spider-Man.

They’ve been showing up for about a month or so. Got half the wave at Target a couple weeks ago and the other today at Walmart.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nerd Of Prey posted:

G'57 is a loving deep cut.

That's a figure of a suit for a movie that never got made and has never had merch made of it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nerd Of Prey posted:

He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight.