Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tosk posted:

I like how Incubus has probably succeeded in what he wanted to do, in the sense that this will almost certainly catalyze some serious change in Allison and lead to her harnessing the Master Key to go fully Super Saiyan

He's also completely hosed

girlfriends death motivating the hero to finally power up and win does not sound like a criticism of the trope, just sounds like the trope. i assume tom has something else in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

catgirlgenius posted:

Go Meti baby love da Meti!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

catgirlgenius posted:

she was put out to pasture when her role in the story became "Allison's edgy girlfriend". she became a non-entity.

but you don't have to give my opinion any weight i suppose

Well I guess she, what, taught magic mostly off screen, barged in on the tournament and saved Allison's life and was critical to making the aspected chaos?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Allison is not home right now, please leave a message at the tone

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

eke out posted:

girlfriends death motivating the hero to finally power up and win does not sound like a criticism of the trope, just sounds like the trope. i assume tom has something else in mind

Yeah, just a single splat-dead-whoops panel then a pile of meat (or hollow chitin, in this case) is a super anti-climactic death for a very prominent, important character to the narrative which is why that's exactly what isn't going to happen. Abaddon's better than that.

Also fuckin lol at saying Cio's been a non-entity lately when she literally did two fusion dances for major events while also having time to have a heart-to-heart with Allison mid-tournament.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Who the gently caress is that?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jadis

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

you’re thinking of jadis

oh no nevermind you were right

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I mean I don't know what to tell y'all. I think Cio's arc of late has been Abaddon's biggest trope indulgence in the whole comic. Considering how one of the comic's themes is inevitability, I can't imagine this being any surprise. Cio's goal was always to become the sort of person who would get offed like this.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Cio chronicles the third conquest, she's gonna come back (at some point in some form)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

catgirlgenius posted:

she was put out to pasture when her role in the story became "Allison's edgy girlfriend". she became a non-entity.

but you don't have to give my opinion any weight i suppose

Except not at all? She's been incredibly key to everything that's happened. All of Allison's actions in the tournament just don't happen without the decisions Cio made.

catgirlgenius posted:

Cio's goal was always to become the sort of person who would get offed like this.

I have no idea what you even mean by this

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cio haters gtfo

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Really not a fan of how unhinged Jadis' smile looks.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Cio chronicles the third conquest, she's gonna come back (at some point in some form)

Where did you see that?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://mobile.twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1461851114236743688

That's all folks!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bussamove posted:

The Discord is really delivering today.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
can't believe none of all y'all clocked cio's arc as being a beat for beat reenactment of Nic Cage's role in wicker man. smdh at you damned media illiterates

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Bussamove posted:

Don't believe her lies.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kill Six Billion Servers

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Allison's going to regret saying that

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

TwoQuestions posted:

Where did you see that?

Below comic blurbs somewhere in the middle of the series, there was a post-third conquest historian complaining about how the only primary source of the third conquest was Cio's fanfic

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

eke out posted:

I agree and assume it will be a more nuanced approach than that, but I figure Allison will either completely break down or go ape poo poo in the short term. The resolution of Cio's arc without fridging her is another matter

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bussamove posted:

when you briefly glimpse the infinite multiverse in all its complexity with complete omniscience

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
We still haven't gotten Jadis's title card.

That page is gonna be some crazy poo poo, isn't it

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Oh that Jadis, what a pal she is!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jadis posted:

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Sooner or later, Auntie Maya is going to ask Allison what she thinks of death, and Allison is going to have an answer this time.

Also looking forward to the next panel in Feb being a cut to what Grandpa Vigilant Gaze is up to, and Abaddon harnesses the frustrated vibrations of the audience for free green energy.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I can't think of the last time I've seen a character as hyped up as Maya, and I am HERE for it!

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

catgirlgenius posted:

Cio's goal was always to become the sort of person who would get offed like this.

Staying home and taking care of the plants while you write fanfic?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Jadis cannot cultivate this level of attainment

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Below comic blurbs somewhere in the middle of the series, there was a post-third conquest historian complaining about how the only primary source of the third conquest was Cio's fanfic

I mean... she could be dead. The fanfic could just be what it is.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Jadis cannot cultivate this level of attainment

I mean... she could be dead. The fanfic could just be what it is.

Given that the fanfic would've covered post-comic stuff from when Allison was full "Kill Six Billion Demons" "Don't wear it out" mode, im not entirely sure.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Demiurge4 posted:

The Discord is really delivering today.

I think it's time that Bilirubin got a new avatar!

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
damb with all these updates today felt like my birthday

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nevermind misread

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I was wondering where icecube lady was.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Really wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Chainsawman with this tbh. He was gushing about it pretty hard not too long ago and this really feels like a similar setup

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I feel like Allison isn't going to lose her poo poo over this not because she doesn't care etc but because like she said before becoming aspected chaos, "all we can do is keep moving forward" which as a character moment doesn't get nearly enough credit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Has anyone come in here to make the HAY IS THIS THE THING WE'RE GOING TO HATE joke yet?

Has it been done 100x yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I am so loving hyped for Jadis and Meti though I almost don't care what Allison does wrt her poo poo. Keep it, lose it, do whatever.