Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

enigmahfc posted:

I hate the internet now.

The internet's best years were 2000-2005. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Zipperelli. posted:

The internet's best years were 2000-2005. :colbert:

To be fair, they were really poo poo too though.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

EmmyOk posted:

That inspiro bot is really getting out of hand

defend what...what?
I thought SA was webpage with a dying gay forum with awkward and offending jokes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I love our dead gay comedy forum. :3:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Desperado Bones posted:

defend what...what?
I thought SA was webpage with a dying gay forum with awkward and offending jokes.

There was a time when SA was relevant. In that time it spawned such wonders as swap.avi, helped inspire the creation of 4chan and Reddit, and birthed Slender man who would later be involved in the attempted murder of a small child.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

it's the best dead gay comedy forum out there, I won't deny that.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It's ok. The specialized forums are decent for what they are and not everyone is terrible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desperado Bones posted:

defend what...what?

I think it's referring to the times Ebaumsworld was stealing SA content.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

enigmahfc posted:

I hate the internet now.

Just now? The internet has deserved every possible shred of your loathing as long as it's existed.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Lol at YTMND being the epitome of a creative community.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

RatHat posted:

Or maybe they are referring to :todd: ? Both were good old internet drama, if we want to be honest.

Dr Christmas posted:

Lol at YTMND being the epitome of a creative community.

Also :lol: at newgrounds.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Everything in that image is bogus and bunk. The one true path to Net Mastery is to post on the Living With Style message boards.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Just now? The internet has deserved every possible shred of your loathing as long as it's existed.

It was pretty harmless when I started using it. There wasn't even commercial spam yet.

Ah, to be young again.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Something Awful is good again. :unsmith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

RatHat posted:

isn't there still a rule against forum invasions when you sign up

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

This is long, but worth it. poo poo head was harassing a girl on Facebook, she shared the screenshots with her friend. Her friend posted them publicly and shared then around. Then the same idiot messages the friend and asks to please take them down because he doesn't want to be viral. He thinks being embarrassed on social media is way worse than being harassed on social media.

http://imgur.com/a/k4SuV

My friend shared these screen shots, a lot of people have. The dick head makes a comment that he is going to kill himself he's so embarrased. I comment on my friends post "I wish he would kill himself." A few days later, I guess someone thought that was super mean and reported my comment. Facebook agreed that what I said would hurt the poor baby mans feelings and my account has been suspended for 7 days. So I guess I'm also an Idiot on Social Media.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dear Prudence posted:

This is long, but worth it. poo poo head was harassing a girl on Facebook, she shared the screenshots with her friend. Her friend posted them publicly and shared then around. Then the same idiot messages the friend and asks to please take them down because he doesn't want to be viral. He thinks being embarrassed on social media is way worse than being harassed on social media.

My friend shared these screen shots, a lot of people have. The dick head makes a comment that he is going to kill himself he's so embarrased. I comment on my friends post "I wish he would kill himself." A few days later, I guess someone thought that was super mean and reported my comment. Facebook agreed that what I said would hurt the poor baby mans feelings and my account has been suspended for 7 days. So I guess I'm also an Idiot on Social Media.

Pretty much, yeah :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dear Prudence posted:

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. :thumbsup:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

So like this guy right here?

Venture Capital guy that allowed or refused funding to women depending on if they would have sex with him:

quote:

What started out to be an innocent night of just jamming and hanging out at my new apartment turned into a nightmare episode that has been haunting me for the past 3 years. Dave kept pouring scotch into my glass before I finished drinking throughout the night, and hours into the night way past midnight, suddenly, everyone except Dave decided to order an Uber. They all promptly left, and left Dave there with me. I was quite confused by how that happened so quickly.

And his heartfelt non-apology:

https://twitter.com/davemcclure/status/881297430242775040

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

please don't wish death on ppl

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Dear Prudence posted:

Facebook had the nads to punish me for a report of mine that I made when some shitbrain I knew called for journalists to be killed en masse in the street (at the time, I was one).

gently caress them forever. Who cares what they say

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ugh, a friend posted a post-sex selfie with her boyfriend on Snapchat. Thanks, just what we all needed to see.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

tbf a lot of people these days deserve it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

tbf a lot of people these days deserve it

Well I have really good news for you: they will all get it sooner or later!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pQUKV9MuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snEcAdbGXTY

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Ugh, a friend posted a post-sex selfie with her boyfriend on Snapchat. Thanks, just what we all needed to see.

Aww. How romantic.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

It's really weird to me how open people get on snapchat. I follow some friends there and now I've seen basically all of them in various stages of undress.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
gently caress that dude, vacillating between acting like he's sorry and then calling everyone bitches. it's not like he's had a single moment of comprehension or learned anything.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

Screenshot it and post her reaction here?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Stuntman posted:

Counterpoint: please don't touch the poopsexual fluids.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Facebook had the nads to punish me for a report of mine that I made when some shitbrain I knew called for journalists to be killed en masse in the street (at the time, I was one).

gently caress them forever. Who cares what they say

I'm curious what happened. I've reported a few things on Fb more to see what would happen (absolutely zero, regardless of severity) but never had them punish me for making the report. That seems pretty extreme.

Twitter seems a bit better, I reported a guy for being a bit of an rear end for no reason and they took it seriously enough to kill his whole account for good. Took 10 days, surprised it wasn't just a temp ban. Saw him on another account crying that he'd lost his follow from Gordon Ramsay and blaming other people for it. If you're such an rear end in a top hat you don't even know what it was you've said that caused it...

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

e: whoops wrong thread

tacodaemon has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Jul 4, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

nerdz posted:

So like this guy right here?

Venture Capital guy that allowed or refused funding to women depending on if they would have sex with him:

And his heartfelt non-apology:

https://twitter.com/davemcclure/status/881297430242775040
https://twitter.com/coolbearcjs/status/881313976465764354
https://twitter.com/coolbearcjs/status/881323339364540416

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He wished it on himself. I was just wishing he'd go through with it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wrong thread? :confused:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Wrong thread? :confused:

this is always right thread for teen vogue :hai:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Stuntman posted:

Nah. She's cool otherwise and I like being her friend. I'm just bitching.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Aww. How romantic.

what r u doin l8r :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ahahahahaha, thanks for feeling the need to Film yourself spewing your garbage opinions.