Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah if you can, you want to ideally "kill" priests at point blank with a bladestorm ranger/templar. Alternatively try to get a decent overwatch shot or two lined up on it when it uses the stasis if you can spare the actions.

Also remember that they have sustain when you're planning out a big serial run on your sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I read somewhere that the proc chance for Sustain on Priests from basic->advanced->Elite goes from 20%->50%->60%, but I could be wrong.

On another note, I have a Heavy Gunner with 30 HP and 6 armor. The man is a walking fortress.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
loving infantry with their sawed-off, man

:gibs:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
God, the Enemy Unknown soundtrack fuckin rips.

I do not care for the classless RPGO mod. It's too clunky, which is unfortunate, since there's some cool stuff going on.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 1, 2018

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Bogart posted:

I do not care for the classless RPGO mod. It's too clunky, which is unfortunate, since there's some cool stuff going on.

I like it, but for a mod that gives you *SO MUCH CONTROL* over every aspect of your characters statistically... the Squaddie perks are randomized, which triggers some OCD-like madness in my brain because it's an element of randomness that I cannot control which affects my soldiers statistically and it INFURIATES ME.

Otherwise I'd love it and use it more.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Honestly I think I’d like it more if it did more of that. Pull 3 from a pool of 20 or so class paths, see what happens out of that. Sure you’ll get some dud soldiers but it happens and maybe you’ll get something super cool.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
The Speaker is Garrus.

Reapers

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

FoolyCharged posted:

I dont even understand why faction even plays a part in their targeting. Maybe it's a difficulty balance thing or something, but its hella frustrating to watch them dash to stand next to my guys when they started out in attack range on advent dudes.
Have you ever considered what the average Xcom and the average Advent look like?

(Pretend I'm good at drawing)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does the latest patch add any significant single player content or not?

I feel like my latest runthrough has gotten a bit boring, but then again chances are in a couple more missions I'll miss boring. I think I savescum too much.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Yes, a fuckton of single player content.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lemme rephrase that; campaign content? I'm not sure about the scenario stuff. (because I suck at tactics)

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lemme rephrase that; campaign content? I'm not sure about the scenario stuff. (because I suck at tactics)

Playing the scenarios lets you unlock new soldier customisation options for the campaign (and I think also some free unique weapons that come with mods preinstalled?), but otherwise the campaign is unchanged.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Oooh, okay, that's incentive then.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

BlazetheInferno posted:

There are honestly a NUMBER of mods for various melee weapons, some cosmetic, some with unique stats.

I remain fond of the Ripjacks for Rangers.

Yeah I'm just posting axe stuff there.

There's one that has ripjacks as cosmetic alternatives to swords but since I usually just play RPGO i can just...get actual ripjacks on people and thus get grapple too so I don't feel terribly motivated to install it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bogart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnRzui5b-U :rock:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

BlazetheInferno posted:

I like it, but for a mod that gives you *SO MUCH CONTROL* over every aspect of your characters statistically... the Squaddie perks are randomized, which triggers some OCD-like madness in my brain because it's an element of randomness that I cannot control which affects my soldiers statistically and it INFURIATES ME.

Otherwise I'd love it and use it more.

You can use this mod to reroll each solider to get the Squaddie perks you want to help out.

[WOTC] Additional Soldier Console Commands

Speaking of the RGPO Mod is there any point in unlocking stuff in the GTS since how free forum and classless everything is? Or does stuff you unlock effect every squad member?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Man my current campaign really wants me to crush the aliens. Started off with a chain of breakthroughs and inspirations that gave me super early mag weapons and a bunch of +1 damage breakthroughs. Took me a while to start contacting more regions but I was able to get a plenty of supplies from random scans, sitreps, and supply raids. Even got a reaper and skirmisher with tactical rigging.

I also had a superhero rookie that gunned down like 10 lost in one turn to protect another soldier carrying a rescue target. He didn't have a height bonus or between the eyes he was just a baller who hit a ton of 65-70% shots in a row. XCOM owns

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The scenarios are great; they are just mini-campaigns, but better because while they are linked together in a story, if you lose a soldier you just get a replacement before the next mission (real replacement, not rookie) so no big deal.

Also this:

Bogart posted:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bogart posted:

It seriously loving does, though. And not just for the nostalgy factor of hearing the old Interception theme either, the combat tracks are all new stuff and just god drat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_twj-gA_GGU

They're synthwave as gently caress and that's cool because I love that poo poo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTArKX-DLg

Phoenix Point new trailer. aliens looking a lot like Gears of Mass Effect. Also, apparently it's in early access. https://phoenixpoint.info/

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am super excited for Phoenix Point but fuuhuuuck buying a fancy special edition to get early access into the game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is there a way to get Jane Kelly in a game so I can get the interactions with the Chosen that she has without having to run the tutorial? Because it was physically painful when I did it in regular XCOM 2 and I haven't done it in WotC.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Apparently it still works if you export her to the Character pool, then she shows up in a different campaign, but I don't know if it's simply the name that triggers it, or something more.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think it's the name because I used her in every chosen stronghold mission but they never commented on her, because I had changed her name to Kane Jelly

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
(EXTREMELY DRUNK BRADFORD VOICE) wait...........r thos......... huumans...?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there a mod to get all 3 soundtracks shuffled at once because they're all great but the XCOM 2 soundtrack is too baller to give up entirely.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Meanwhile I really like the UFO Defense soundtrack with the sole exception of the track that plays while you are preparing to go on a mission because it is louder and more intense than the others. I'd love to be able to pick what tracks play for what kinds of engagements.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did I hallucinate it, or did Shen not have defense protocol? I'm pretty sure she got the skill that caused to confer a reaction shot, which made it doubly annoying.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Behold the victory team of my latest campaign. Mod-heavy, as will be... obvious, though with all the base classes intact. Just... you know, not all present on the final team. There was a great deal of Covert Ops stat-building...

This is actually my first time completing a campaign since War of the Chosen released... primarily because I kept reconfiguring my modlist. This is simply me finally managing to keep my attention span intact, and not finding any fun new mod setups to try, long enough to finish the campaign. 8-man squad because I have a lot of really nasty enemies modded in.

Pietro "Warhawk" Obsidian. Hacker extrordinaire, of course, and a backup heal, just in case. Also a strong gun. Reliable, but not much more to really say about him.

Rudy "Blackjack" Almac: Don't let that rather average aim fool you. This guy puts out a lot of reliable firepower. Versatile, reliable, and no real huge tricks to him other than a gun and lots of ammo. Slight inaccuracy: Rudy took the Warlock's Disruptor Rifle into the final mission, not that Plasma Rifle. Forgot that when taking the picture. The Infantry Colonel-level perk, "Fire For Effect" is absurdly powerful.

Kivuli "Shadow" Umbra: Psi-op. Says all you really need. Carried a Mimic beacon most of the time, but I almost never needed it (had initially planned on Commander difficulty, but forgot to change it from Veteran, by the time I realized, I no longer cared). Stasis allowed me to completely clown the Archon King by escaping not one, but TWO Devastates without taking any damage. He also finished off the first Avatar with Soulfire. Because screw you, I'm the best psychic here.

Talon "Arrow" Fontal: This man does not know how to miss. He does not understand the concept of "Missing". Point-blank against an Avatar in the last mission, he still had 100% to hit. Aaaand of course the Archon Suit because relocating made easy.

Alice "Eagle Eye" Gant: ....don't judge me. She was really, really useful. Also I'm pretty sure her poison spit screwed with the Archon King's AI, because he never even tried to open his escape portal. The Tongue grab is also hilariously useful against some of the powerful modded ADVENT baddies I threw into the campaign. Also, dat dodge stat.

Lawrence "Streak" Alakenaire: I think Silent Killer is my favorite Reaper skill of all time. Also, I gave him Bluescreen rounds for the final mission, and used Banish/Annihilate to instantly erase a pod of not one, not two, but THREE Venators. Not dealing with THAT hellish bullshit.

Jonathan "Bloodmoon" Harmarth: There is nowhere you can run from this man. He will find you, he will run to you, and he will stab you. He used the Ranger Ripjack cosmetic option from that mod for a while... but you just don't say no to using the Assassin's Katana. I think his killcount speaks for itself. That's an average of four kills a mission.

Ivan "Bearhart" Orsane: If Talon doesn't know how to miss, Bearhart does not know how to die. The man has 35 health, and that stat screen is INACCURATE, he actually ends up with SIX armor in a mission - I can only guess that maybe the Heavy Gunner's +2 armor GTS perk (the class feels really powerful, probably a bit too much so to be honest) isn't being considered. The man is literally more durable than a Sectopod, and he can take cover. He is immortal. As for that broken ability... the Heavy Gunnner got updated and kinda overhauled last night, and I didn't do anything to update his perk list, because the only method I know of would have undone all of his Covert Ops-given stat boosts, including that monstrous health score.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

so on the latest mission it just decided to spawn the double agent out in the open far away from everyone else and directly next to a group of enemies, where there was no way to move him and not get detected, making losing concealment and alerting two different crews at the start completely unavoidable

never play ironmaaaaaaan

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Missed this one when it happened because of a phone call and I'm so glad I went back and watched the stream recording hahahaha

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/329150272?t=01h16m05s

He literally put the aliens in jail

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
80% chance to succeed. And even if I miss, that one guy can give me a free action.

That one guy already used his actions on a problem that happened a minute ago.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Dr Christmas posted:

Did I hallucinate it, or did Shen not have defense protocol? I'm pretty sure she got the skill that caused to confer a reaction shot, which made it doubly annoying.

If you weren't aware that jake solomon was trolling us all as hard as he could during these missions, yes shen doesn't get aid protocol but she does get the Improved Aid Protocol perk.

It's almost as great as the double hair trigger shotgun.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

This is a weirdly specific question, is there a mod that makes the abilities that all soldiers share have the same hotkey, so that e.g. overwatch is always on 2, reload is always 3, fire is always 1, hunker down is 4 or something like that? I'm kind of annoyed that they constantly switch depending on the character class and its unlocked abilities, and this was an 'issue' in xcom 1 as well...

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

double nine posted:

This is a weirdly specific question, is there a mod that makes the abilities that all soldiers share have the same hotkey, so that e.g. overwatch is always on 2, reload is always 3, fire is always 1, hunker down is 4 or something like that? I'm kind of annoyed that they constantly switch depending on the character class and its unlocked abilities, and this was an 'issue' in xcom 1 as well...

The game by default has non-numeric hotkeys for Overwatch and reload, I think just O and R respectively. There may be others.

Though Y is what I use for overwatch due to it being the XCOM EU default for some unfathomable reason.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One reallly nice addition also is that you can press a button or evac even after a dash. I could do this in xcom on pc by clicking on a soldier directly but console never allowed it. Allows for much more high paced charges on a timer

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

Zomborgon posted:

Though Y is what I use for overwatch due to it being the XCOM EU default for some unfathomable reason.

i believe overwatch is mapped to y button on the xbox controller

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
When the game tells you what difficulty a mission is, what is it based on? How long the game has been going, the ranks/equipment of your squad, or something else entirely? The game is throwing a bunch of very difficult missions at me and I don't know if that means its just later in the game, or if I'm behind on my research and lacking equipment.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Node posted:

When the game tells you what difficulty a mission is, what is it based on? How long the game has been going, the ranks/equipment of your squad, or something else entirely? The game is throwing a bunch of very difficult missions at me and I don't know if that means its just later in the game, or if I'm behind on my research and lacking equipment.

From what I recall, and certainly back in EU, the difficulty rating was solely a function of the total number of enemy pods. Nearly every fight later on will be on the upper end of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Zomborgon posted:

From what I recall, and certainly back in EU, the difficulty rating was solely a function of the total number of enemy pods. Nearly every fight later on will be on the upper end of that.

Thanks.

I'm really impressed with this expansion. It changes the entire drat game. I was expecting DLC levels of quantity. Although it seems to have taken out the two missions where you go to Dr. Vahlen's lab, and where you take Shen to the MEC place?