Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Headgames are part of what make Infinity great, though. I deployed a Ninja Hacker as a Camo marker in my DZ, opponent assumed Raiden, walked their Raicho within 8", and the grim work began.

Headgames.

JSA player: That's a camo marker.
Me: Raiden?
- ...and that's Yuriko
- how many mines left?
- do I have to tell you
- yes
- :sigh: ...two
- ah, that's a mine then *drops Speculo behind a wall, shoots Yuriko and nearby Kempeitai first turn*
- "Yuriko" reveals, it's actually a holo1 Minelayer Guifeng.
- how many mines left?
- do we have to go through this again?
- :colbert:
- ...three mines.

And it was a spitfire Raiden. As for visible ammo, a better mindfuck is using an actual mine from a minelayer Spec-Ops, then Holo1ing him as a minelayer that still has 3 mines :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I have no idea what any of this means.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

DJ Dizzy posted:

I have no idea what any of this means.

Model pretends to be a minelayer with two mines to goad his opponent into believing nearby camo marker is a mine, not a MI with a spitfire.

Speaking of the Raiden, is it just me or did Limited Camo get super bad now? A -3 Penalty once per game, redeemable only on first dice roll?

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 27, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Speaking of the Raiden, is it just me or did Limited Camo get super bad now? A -3 Penalty once per game, redeemable only on first dice roll?

It seems so. I expect the Raiden to get mimetism, a price cut, or actual camo. Limited Ambushed Camo could work too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pierzak posted:

It seems so. I expect the Raiden to get mimetism, a price cut, or actual camo. Limited Ambushed Camo could work too.

I'd be pretty okay with Limited Camo becoming full-fledged Camo on every platform but Covert Uxia.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'd imagine once you pop Camo, it'll revert to CH: Mimetism for the rest of the game.

Not gonna lie either War Foot but that story is funny as gently caress.

Ed: Anyone have a decent res quality picture of the N3 cover for the thread first post? I can't really find any on google.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 27, 2014

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

I'd imagine once you pop Camo, it'll revert to CH: Mimetism for the rest of the game.

Not gonna lie either War Foot but that story is funny as gently caress.

Ed: Anyone have a decent res quality picture of the N3 cover for the thread first post? I can't really find any on google.
Limited camo specifically never gave mimetism. Some models had both limited camo and mimetism even.

Check the archives page on the main site. It has a bunch of art, as well as the covers and the poster they came from.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

God-loving-damnit those PanO ear-antenna things are hard to get just right.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bear Throne posted:

Limited camo specifically never gave mimetism. Some models had both limited camo and mimetism even.

Check the archives page on the main site. It has a bunch of art, as well as the covers and the poster they came from.
My point is that I think it should be changed to that. I know that it never gave Mimetism, I just worded my post badly.

Thanks on the archives, hadn't even thought of just resizing the cover hahaha.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Don't give them antennae helmet boners like some people do, it looks stupid. It is a bit finnicky but to be honest the worst offenders for side antennae are loving Riot Grrls.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
/\/\/\ Posthuman Proxy Mk3, also yudbots.

DJ Dizzy posted:

It's literally easier to sculpt out the rest of the helmet with green stuff than it is to get the antennae to stay. That's what I do. Just throw a ball of GS in the divot and then finesse it with clay shapers until it looks like it's supposed to be that way.

Most PanO dudes turn out looking like awesome Ultron ripoffs if you do it right.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ain't had to build Posthumans, I didn't find my buddies Yudbots too hard, the ears are a bit bigger, something to hold onto ya know?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Flipswitch posted:

Ain't had to build Posthumans, I didn't find my buddies Yudbots too hard, the ears are a bit bigger, something to hold onto ya know?

The Mk3 is basically a Riot Grrl. She looks completely out of place with the rest of the Aleph line.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah that mini is weird. I really like the look of it, but I agree that it looks so weirdly out of place. I like the idea of having an armoured up Posthuman but it really doesn't look like an ALEPH mini. Great idea but a bit of a poo poo execution. The Mk2 looks like what I'd expect the Mk3 to be, just with a shitter helmet.

The Riot Grrls also suffer from the same problem there I think and although I love the Riot Grrls I think for a maximum punk rock unit they look way, way too uniform and models are just a bit too stiff and rigid. Bit of a shame really, they sit in those awkward few months where the box sets were just a bit too static and look a bit meh as a result. I loving hate the massive collars and lack of necks they have.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So this just popped up on the Infinity forums:

... Huh. I think that I like it, even if I still dislike the canon Yu Jing color scheme. What sectorial are Tigers from?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Has someone compiled the concept art posted somewhere? A lot of these designs are pretty cool.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

So this just popped up on the Infinity forums:

... Huh. I think that I like it, even if I still dislike the canon Yu Jing color scheme. What sectorial are Tigers from?

Just popped up? It's months old. Tigers are from Huang Di IIRC.

MJ12 posted:

Has someone compiled the concept art posted somewhere? A lot of these designs are pretty cool.
I have a thread on Data Sphere, but it's really out of date, another dude there is collecting the high-quality official dossier files.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Am I a dick if I bring this to a 150pts beginners tourney?

PANOCEANIA
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7 0 0

CROC MAN Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (29)
FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
HEXA Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 31)
NISSE MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 41)
COMMANDO AKAL Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (23)

3 SWC | 162 Points

Open with Army 4

(This is n2 costs, N3 it comes out to 150pts.)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Doesn't seem particularly dickish to me! I'd be tempted to make the Crocman a FO over the Fusilier, he starts further up the table to contest VPs earlier on but that's a preference thing, you know? Looks decent to me but I would be tempted to cram some more orders in there over the Akal. Maybe make the Akal a Trauma Doc or something. :) I assume you're playing ITS?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Doesn't seem particularly dickish to me! I'd be tempted to make the Crocman a FO over the Fusilier, he starts further up the table to contest VPs earlier on but that's a preference thing, you know? Looks decent to me but I would be tempted to cram some more orders in there over the Akal. Maybe make the Akal a Trauma Doc or something. :) I assume you're playing ITS?

Nah, not playing ITS. Just playing the rulebook missions.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fair, should be fine then buddy. There isn't a huge amount of emphasis on Engineers/Doctors in those scenarios IIRC. I think the only one that has a explicit benefit is the last one; Nimbus Zone. Which basically removes a -3 WIP mod for Engineers that are interacting with one of the objectives and that's it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

DJ Dizzy posted:

No.

Though it has me thinking on what would be a dick list to bring to such an event (not that I would, but it's an amusing thought exercise). My money's on either some impersonator list or the classic 5-Fusilier link + TAG Neoterran list.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
5-fusilier link and a shitload of Auxilias.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

No link teams, heh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

5-fusilier link and a shitload of Auxilias.
I've done this but at 200pts. :D

Toni + Regular link is also pretty dickish.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

DJ Dizzy posted:

Not at all, dealing with TO camo is part of learning to play Infinity. If everyone just brought line infantry and the generic fighty MI and HI, it wouldn't make for very interesting games!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

No link teams, heh.

Two shitloads of Auxilias :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not going to lie but I'm loving the new REM prices at the moments. They're so much easier to utilize into lists with their new points costs and as a result so much more flexible. Especially Pathfinders and equivalents, they're such a steal at 16pts.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Been out of sorts Infinity-wise for a long time (haven't painted a model since...last Christmas :ohdear:); how have things changed for Ariadna w/r/t N3?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Finally got around to trying out the new rules and nobody has played infinity in months so we were constantly trying figure out if things were changed or we had just been playing wrong. One thing that came up was we couldn't decide if an AD troop dropping onto the board would prompt an ARO and, if so, when would it prompt one. We decided that it does for models in los of the place the AD troop land after dispersion, and that the it would just be a normal attack roll for the AROing model. Does that sound right? We also weren't sure about hackers being able to make an offensive hacking action as an ARO.

I just know that as complicated as this game is, I'm very happy with the quality and readability of the new book (although the aleph player was for real pouty about his old models not having updated troop profiles to mess with)

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chance II, that sounds right.

Any ETA on the N3 expansions? I miss my NCA Thermoptic Circus and don't feel like mixing the versions. I heard Feb. Is that right?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I've heard just after new year, mid-January, end of January, sometime in February and early Spring. No one knows for certain and there's no official ETA.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Chance II posted:

Finally got around to trying out the new rules and nobody has played infinity in months so we were constantly trying figure out if things were changed or we had just been playing wrong. One thing that came up was we couldn't decide if an AD troop dropping onto the board would prompt an ARO and, if so, when would it prompt one. We decided that it does for models in los of the place the AD troop land after dispersion, and that the it would just be a normal attack roll for the AROing model. Does that sound right? We also weren't sure about hackers being able to make an offensive hacking action as an ARO.
I'd need to double check on the AD drop but it used to always confer an ARO to models it landed in LOS to. I don't think it's changed. The hacking point depends on the program itself and whether it's ARO capable. Refer to the specific program or quick ref chart at the back of the book, it's very much a program by program basis.

osirisisdead posted:

Chance II, that sounds right.

Any ETA on the N3 expansions? I miss my NCA Thermoptic Circus and don't feel like mixing the versions. I heard Feb. Is that right?
The most common timeframe bandied about is January but we have nothing concrete until CB are back off their holidays.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I would be shocked if it isn't early January. Word is that the .pdfs were already being reviewed, but they didn't finish and/or there were enough issues to be corrected that it wasn't ready pre-Christmas break.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Chance II posted:

I just know that as complicated as this game is, I'm very happy with the quality and readability of the new book (although the aleph player was for real pouty about his old models not having updated troop profiles to mess with)

This is correct. Treat it exactly as any other order (the AD model is spending its own order to drop in) so AROs come from reactive models with LoF to the AD model after dispersion. Reactive models who have the AD model in their ZoC after dispersion would also receive the limited AROs that grants.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Someone tell me how to make hexas with a spitfire useful, because it seems to me that having a hidden deploythingy that can only deploy on your tableedge with a shortrange weapon, is a bit of a waste.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Someone tell me how to make hexas with a spitfire useful, because it seems to me that having a hidden deploythingy that can only deploy on your tableedge with a shortrange weapon, is a bit of a waste.

Cheap spitfire with a hideous to-hit penalty for enemies. It's not about HD.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Flank with it. Use hidden deployment to abuse the deployment phase of the game and flank with him. He's cheap and a pain to deal with for his points cost.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ah, right. Thanks!

sort-of offtopic, but where would I go for hexagonal base decorations? Customeeple has some, but those seem to be more for display stands.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
You must be going up against people who are dropping MSV-III's or Intuitive shots on you often. Thermoptic camoflage is really useful, even moreso now because they have Stealth built in. Thermoptic camoflaged models trigger fewer ARO's and you can sneak them through where they would otherwise have been in trouble.

The N2 NCA Sectorial can drop 5 Thermoptic Camoflage models on the table, 2 Swiss Guard, and 3 Hexas agents. It's mean.

quote:

January

Neato. Maybe I'll finish slapping some paint on what I have by then.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I bought mine from a doll house company in the UK called Melody Jane.

http://www.melodyjane.com/dolls-house-miniature-bathroom-kitchen-flooring-white-cream-hexagon-tile-sheet-626-p.asp

• Locked thread