Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dabir posted:

Which monster is that getting podded?

El Shaddoll Winda. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Might be the creation of the zefra then! Winda was created from that ritual beast tamer who fused with the dolphin, and that sane spiritual beast is one of their zefras. And we know they're related through Naturia Sacred Tree.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Winda doesn't have any connection to the Ritual Sacred Beasts or Zefra, her entire line is "Winda, Priestess of Gusto" -> "El Shaddoll Winda". Sure you're not thinking of Pilica?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, I am, yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The lore surrounding all this Zefra/Shaddoll/Qli/Infernoid/etc. stuff is just an insanely tangled web. I'm a little amazed that it actually unfolds into a somewhat coherent story if you're paying so much more loving attention than you need to to the art of everything.

There's enough for another spin-off anime right there. :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

The lore surrounding all this Zefra/Shaddoll/Qli/Infernoid/etc. stuff is just an insanely tangled web. I'm a little amazed that it actually unfolds into a somewhat coherent story if you're paying so much more loving attention than you need to to the art of everything.

An anime based on the Duel Terminal story would be loving amazing.

I'd love to see the Worms and Steelswarms beating up people.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

An anime based on the Duel Terminal story would be loving amazing.

I'd love to see the Worms and Steelswarms beating up people.

Ah yes, the archetypes so unpopular that I literally played this game for years without knowing that they exist. Can't wait to see those. :v:

Where is our Worm legacy support Konami, that deck could be so good. :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dabir posted:

Which monster is that getting podded?

Winda, because the Shaddolls wound up siding with the Zefra alliance against the Qli and Infernoids because of them trying to destroy everything.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

Winda doesn't have any connection to the Ritual Sacred Beasts or Zefra, her entire line is "Winda, Priestess of Gusto" -> "El Shaddoll Winda". Sure you're not thinking of Pilica?

He's thinking of another line that goes "Ritual Beast Ulti-Pettlefin" -> "El Shaddoll Wendigo" -> "Ritual Beast Zefrawendi".

Turns out Exciton Knight (and Zefraxciton) started as Steelswarm Sentinal, too.

And I never really realized until looking at the high-res art that Sekhinaga is Construct fused with Apoqliphort Tower.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Kay Kessler posted:

And I never really realized until looking at the high-res art that Sekhinaga is Construct fused with Apoqliphort Tower.

...And it weakened them both drastically. Weird.

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010
You know, given that Arc-V is supposed to be all about dueling as a performance it's sort of weird that Dennis is the only one who can put on a decent show.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Frost Ace posted:

You know, given that Arc-V is supposed to be all about dueling as a performance it's sort of weird that Dennis is the only one who can put on a decent show.

Calling it: Dennis is a double-agent that works for both Academia and Yuya's Dad.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
That's very likely. I don't think him using a similar archetype to Yuya is a coincidence.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was losing faith in Dennis as a character but goddamn this episode just pushed him back up on the lists hard. Such a great entertainer, and great at using his situation to his advantage (he even pointed out they were appearing on TV to Gongenzaka, so he clearly realized this was a great way to attract attention - and their teammates). Super-serious and super-honest Gongenzaka is the best foil to him too.

Really hoping Dennis is actually a double double agent or something, I don't want him to go evil. He's done enough evil this episode (and goddamn the guy plays an awesome villain. Probably because he is one, but still). And lol at Gongenzaka at first being totally against the whole show then playing one hell of a hero. Oh Gon-chan, you're the manliest (also Dennis uses the same term of affection Sora did, I can't wait for Yuri to do the same).

Having Gongenzaka as a hero with his Synchro Summons and Dennis as a villain who uses weird summon methods no one knows ended up working better for Dennis too. Goddamn this whole episode was great. We even got nearly no Crow despite him being on the title, which can only be a great thing because #fuckcrow is as relevant now as it was on 5D's.

And next ep is the bros of every dimension together, which will be fun as hell. We only lack Yugo's, and he seems to actually lack one. Just put Jack there, he'll do. In fact, can we get a spinoff? The Gongenzaka/Dennis/Jack/Shun adventures. The manliest, the entertainer, the KING, and the guy who's constantly shouting his sister's name. They fight the Fusion Dimension.

Also I see the full Hanate outright namedrops Synchro. Now I really want the full lyrics.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Slur posted:

...And it weakened them both drastically. Weird.

Anoyatyllis isn't exactly a huge upgrade over Construct and Devyaty either.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

There is no way that Dennis is actually a triple agent. There are going to be 8 years old watching this cartoon, there is no way they are going with something so complex, expecially with no foreshadowing whatsoever; even now that he's a "simple" double agent, Arc-V feels the need to remind us of this fact once every other episode.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

There are going to be 8 years old watching this cartoon, there is no way they are going with something so complex,

Hahahahaha you should watch the original japanese versions of GX and 5D's.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

paradoxGentleman posted:

There is no way that Dennis is actually a triple agent. There are going to be 8 years old watching this cartoon, there is no way they are going with something so complex,

They do that every single time there's a card game. The show has gotten about a billion times more complicated then when I was a kid.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Momomo posted:

They do that every single time there's a card game. The show has gotten about a billion times more complicated then when I was a kid.

I launch my Gaia into your Castle of Dark Illusions using my Catapult Turtle, which thereby knocks off its flotation ring and destroys my own Gaia. For some reason, I lose some life points even though the strength between our monsters was equal, but that was well worth the price, for now the only thing holding up your castle is my Swords of Revealing Light. As soon as I end my turn, my swords will disappear, sending your castle crashing down upon your monsters. Unfortunately for you, your monsters cannot run away from the falling castle because you left them behind a convenient yellow barrier. Therefore, your castle will crush all of your monsters, depleting your lifepoints somehow, and I will win the duel with you.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yugi going "Hey dumbass, didn't you wonder why it's still in the air without its flotation ring? :smug:" was pretty great.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Slur posted:

I launch my Gaia into your Castle of Dark Illusions using my Catapult Turtle, which thereby knocks off its flotation ring and destroys my own Gaia. For some reason, I lose some life points even though the strength between our monsters was equal, but that was well worth the price, for now the only thing holding up your castle is my Swords of Revealing Light. As soon as I end my turn, my swords will disappear, sending your castle crashing down upon your monsters. Unfortunately for you, your monsters cannot run away from the falling castle because you left them behind a convenient yellow barrier. Therefore, your castle will crush all of your monsters, depleting your lifepoints somehow, and I will win the duel with you.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

That's not even vaguely part of the game though and kids could never be expected to actually follow those rules. These days it's all legit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well this is awesome, I just got ruined by Delteros despite having an out both times. The first time, I had Susanowo on the field and could've set and activated Book of Moon from my opponent's graveyard, but Devpro wouldn't give me the opportunity to activate Susanowo until it had already been targeted by Delteros, so it died anyway. Then the second time, I had Shutendoji on the field, but again, wouldn't let me activate the set Book of Moon until Shutendoji had already been targeted.

Really, really cool and nice and good, thanks DevPro, I guess the "Quick" in Quick Effect is relative.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Momomo posted:

That's not even vaguely part of the game though and kids could never be expected to actually follow those rules. These days it's all legit.

I'm pretty sure there was a thing in one of the recent ARC-V episodes where it got weird as poo poo rule wise that ONLY would apply if the cards were physical.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Well this is awesome, I just got ruined by Delteros despite having an out both times. The first time, I had Susanowo on the field and could've set and activated Book of Moon from my opponent's graveyard, but Devpro wouldn't give me the opportunity to activate Susanowo until it had already been targeted by Delteros, so it died anyway. Then the second time, I had Shutendoji on the field, but again, wouldn't let me activate the set Book of Moon until Shutendoji had already been targeted.

Really, really cool and nice and good, thanks DevPro, I guess the "Quick" in Quick Effect is relative.

It's because Delteros prevents card effects whenever a monster is summoned to the field this includes itself.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just fyi, Delteros is a silly rear end card and you're better off trying to stop it from being summoned if you think it's coming rather than let it hit the field and lose your cards because xyz material.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a thing in one of the recent ARC-V episodes where it got weird as poo poo rule wise that ONLY would apply if the cards were physical.

I can't think of what you're talking about, but I'm going to guess it was in an Action Duel, which clearly won't work on real life rules. I mean, we haven't even gotten Riding Duels yet.

Still waiting for that, Konami!

Also I really hope Cross Over doesn't become the only used Action Field. Two duels in a row with it, that never happens.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Ah ah.
Cross Over.
Get it? Because the current arc is a crossover between Arc V and 5DS.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Fudo solitaire theory is real

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ah ah.
Cross Over.
Get it? Because the current arc is a crossover between Arc V and 5DS.

I'm pretty sure that is the only field the Arc-V duel disks have been programmed with. It is minimalistic and it isn't like they have access to the giant RSV system. If we do get themed action fields in the synchro dimension, it will either be from Rogers developing them independently by observing the Arc-V characters, or Reiji will somehow hack into the City's ( :doh: ) system.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh god yeah.
He could turn the entire city into simulated heartland and tell them about the fusion dimension.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I do hope Chess Dude is just well intentioned in his extremisim, and upon the threat of Fusion will turn into Godwin minus that whole fusing yourself with a dead aztec god thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Onmi posted:

I do hope Chess Dude is just well intentioned in his extremisim, and upon the threat of Fusion will turn into Godwin minus that whole fusing yourself with a dead aztec god thing.

He seems like our main villain of the season to me so getting carded seems more in order.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 28, 2015

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

VJeff posted:

I may be misremembering a few details, but here's what I recall: Gem Knight Crystal transforms into Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight under the corruptionof the Lswarm/Verz, and is the precursor of the Shaddolls (His head is Shaddoll Core, and he turns into Grystia). The shadolls then start corrupting other lifeforms.

Then one day Winda starts attacking Naturia Sacred Tree that Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree is protecting, as depicted in El Shaddoll Fusion, and awakens the Qliphort (Qliphoth=Shell in Hebrew, remember this.) They capture Winda, and start assimilation of other creatures.

As it turns out, the real threat is inside the Qliphort, and the Infernoids somehow break out, seeking to destroy EVERYTHING! The Zefra (Or Sophira) seeks to stop this, but is confused who it should give its power to, so it goes "Whatever" and hands it out to pretty much everybody, and the fight for the life of the planet begins...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Onmi posted:

So far, he has in no way acted like a mustache twirling villain - just really, really smug when he's on point and then really annoyed and quiet when something catches him by surprise. I think he's just a guy trying to do his job, honestly. He probably didn't institute the City's crappy Tops/Common policies, it's just his job to uphold them because that's what the head of Security does.

I mean just compare this guy to the last few guys like him. You could smell the evil off of guys like Saiou, Goodwin (to a certain extent), Divine, Dr. Faker, etc., a mile away. I don't get that feel from this guy. I think he just really likes arresting bad guys and making lame chess metaphors.

Julias posted:

I may be misremembering a few details, but here's what I recall: Gem Knight Crystal transforms into Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight under the corruptionof the Lswarm/Verz, and is the precursor of the Shaddolls (His head is Shaddoll Core, and he turns into Grystia). The shadolls then start corrupting other lifeforms.

Then one day Winda starts attacking Naturia Sacred Tree that Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree is protecting, as depicted in El Shaddoll Fusion, and awakens the Qliphort (Qliphoth=Shell in Hebrew, remember this.) They capture Winda, and start assimilation of other creatures.

As it turns out, the real threat is inside the Qliphort, and the Infernoids somehow break out, seeking to destroy EVERYTHING! The Zefra (Or Sophira) seeks to stop this, but is confused who it should give its power to, so it goes "Whatever" and hands it out to pretty much everybody, and the fight for the life of the planet begins...

This is pretty much what I was able to figure out too, with the exception of the Infernoids actually being inside of the Qlis. That's something I wasn't aware of, but it totally makes sense, given the artwork of Void Launch. I think there's something there too about Grystia dying in Saqlifice, and the gems inside him (that presumably represent the Gem-Knights) going into the Sephirot that came out of the Naturia Sacred Tree and making it the Zefra Oracle, which then gives out the power of the Zefra to everybody.

Also, also, I'm pretty sure that El Shaddoll Construct is Gem-Knight Lady Lapislazuli, who became exposed to the Shaddoll Core and is the one in control of the rest of the Shaddolls, demonstrated by all the strings coming out of her.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh

Kinki no Tsubo / Pot of Taboos
Earth Rock / Flip / Effect
LV9 2000/3000
You can only use the effect of “Pot of Taboos” once per turn. (1) If this card is flipped face-up: You can activate 1 of the following effects.
-Draw 2 cards.
-Return all Spell/Trap Cards on the field to the hand.
-Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.
-Look at your opponent’s hand, and shuffle 1 card there into the Deck.

Is any deck that can made good use of this?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's a flip monster, so, Sibyls. Coingnoma can summon it from your hand or deck and Tarotray can just keep on flippin' it over and over.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

It's a flip monster, so, Sibyls. Coingnoma can summon it from your hand or deck and Tarotray can just keep on flippin' it over and over.

That sounds fun for the Sybil player and irritating for its opponent.

And hey, Structure decks are back

quote:

Structure Deck R “Advent of the True Monarch” (Tentative Name)
September 19th, 2015
1000 Yen

Includes:
40 Cards
1 Special Token
1 Bonus Card
1 Official Rule Book
1 Duel Field
1 Playing Guide

● The new Theme Product, “Structure Deck R”, which takes the concept of an old Structure Deck’s tactics and revises them for the modern tournament environment appears!
● It contains easy-to-play and easy-to-read contents based around “Tribute Summon”, and it also includes a large number of shiny cards including the Deck’s ace card, that appeal to newbies and little kids!
(2 Ultra Rare Cards, 3 Super Rares, and 6 Parallel Foil Commons)
● With a combination of new and old cards included, it’s a product that appeals to existing players.

Lot of Monarch love these days.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Onmi posted:

Fudo solitaire theory is real

I seriously can't wait for this structure deck to come out so I can practice Maxx C Challenge with physical cards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That sounds fun for the Sybil player and irritating for its opponent.

And it's level 9, so, perfect for Ritual of the Sibylla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh

Kinki no Tsubo / Pot of Taboos
Earth Rock / Flip / Effect
LV9 2000/3000
You can only use the effect of “Pot of Taboos” once per turn. (1) If this card is flipped face-up: You can activate 1 of the following effects.
-Draw 2 cards.
-Return all Spell/Trap Cards on the field to the hand.
-Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.
-Look at your opponent’s hand, and shuffle 1 card there into the Deck.

Is any deck that can made good use of this?

WHAT