Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Looks like Franky did some animal test trials before installing his shoulder pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Sub Harrison posted:

Looks like Franky did some animal test trials before installing his shoulder pads.

That's a pretty cool Gorilla you have there....but you know what?

I can make it more Super

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Brook being a straight man was pretty funny, given his usual status as the foil to the straight man. Also :3: at Kinemon hold up Momonosuke for the group fistbump.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The pacing of this arc so far is fantastic. Even the info dumps are like Oda is saying "Okay guys, I know Dressrossa may have been a bit rough at times, but I have BIG PLANS for the next ten years."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Watch Luffy go Perry Expedition on Wano's collective asses. :getin:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Darth Walrus posted:

Watch Luffy go Perry Expedition on Wano's collective asses. :getin:

I too hope that Luffy uses the threat of overwhelming force to effectively destroy the pride of an entire nation

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I also like how Inuarashi just now caught on to the fact that Luffy's been constantly loving up Pekoms' name.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I also like how Inuarashi just now caught on to the fact that Luffy's been constantly loving up Pekoms' name.

Inurashi has no idea who Pekoms is.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am prepared for the grand battle over the safety of a giant elephant. :getin:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

I too hope that Luffy uses the threat of overwhelming force to effectively destroy the pride of an entire nation

'Scuse me, Commodore Perry opened a backwards area to trade even though the burden on his white shoulders was great.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Begemot posted:

Inurashi has no idea who Pekoms is.

That's weird since Nekomamushi is familiar with Pekoms and Pekoms was a native of Zou.

AradoBalanga posted:

I am prepared for the grand battle over the safety of a giant elephant. :getin:

This will probably be the segue to Luffy/Chopper trying to chat with Zenishi (I think that's the giant elephant's name).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Well, destroying people's pride is kind of Luffy's thing...

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's weird since Nekomamushi is familiar with Pekoms and Pekoms was a native of Zou.

Remember the whole Night/Day Cat/Dog thing?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZiegeDame posted:

Remember the whole Night/Day Cat/Dog thing?

Even then, Inuarashi was still around when Pekoms presumably was on the island. Did Pekoms just stay in Neko's territory and never even see Inuarashi?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
This chapter also revealed that the night/day thing was a recent change after they last went to Wano. Inurashi is definitely just unsure who "Pekomamushi" is supposed to be.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Advice posted:

This chapter also revealed that the night/day thing was a recent change after they last went to Wano. Inurashi is definitely just unsure who "Pekomamushi" is supposed to be.

Not that recent. Some of the minks were children or weren't born yet when it happened. I'm guessing it was around when Roger died.

Given that Momonosuke is 8, I can't imagine that his dad died more than a few years ago, so it couldn't be that. I mean, unless Minks have crazy short childhoods.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

Not that recent. Some of the minks were children or weren't born yet when it happened. I'm guessing it was around when Roger died.

Given that Momonosuke is 8, I can't imagine that his dad died more than a few years ago, so it couldn't be that. I mean, unless Minks have crazy short childhoods.

Most non humans do.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I can make it more Super

Forsooth.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
The way this arc has been paced so far, I'm half expecting the elephant to just destroy Jack's fleet itself so we don't get bogged down in more fighting before the Rescue Sanji arc begins.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

jassa posted:

The way this arc has been paced so far, I'm half expecting the elephant to just destroy Jack's fleet itself so we don't get bogged down in more fighting before the Rescue Sanji arc begins.

Yeah I'm expecting this to go quick. If it goes any longer than a month or two, what kind of year of Sanji is that supposed to be Oda?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Zoro mentioned Caesar being after Momo but wasn't it just happenstance that he ended up on Punk Hazard? Caesar didn't goad him there or even realize he was on the island I don't think.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Call me crazy, but I suspect that Jack, a DF-eater's plan to kill an island with huge tusks and preposterously large, from a ship made of wood floating around its feet, will not go well.

If he could swim that would be a good start.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Jack is weird because I get the feeling they want to show him as a colossal monster with a 1 billion bounty but so far he's failed at every one of his actual objectives and goes about things in an incredibly unproductive way.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
W-what? He single-handedly obliterated an entire island, including going toe-to-toe with the island's two strongest inhabitants, who have been shown to be incredibly powerful themselves. Don't go thinking Sheepshead and his Gifter morons did any of the work, the Minks all but said that everybody but Jack could be handled. We don't know the true results of his clash with, remember, the former Fleet Admiral and a current Admiral, but we know his ship is fine and multiple ships on the other side were sunk. He fails at his goals because his goals are hilariously lofty for any one man to perform.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Jack is weird because I get the feeling they want to show him as a colossal monster with a 1 billion bounty but so far he's failed at every one of his actual objectives and goes about things in an incredibly unproductive way.

I think his unproductive way of going about things is actually a big part of why he has a 1 billion bounty.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Jack fought for 5 days without rest against Dog Storm and Cat Viper, who got to rest in between fights.

Cat Viper, even without a hand, was so intimidating that Capone, a Supernova, decided to hightail it because he felt he didn't stand a chance.

Luffy fought Doffy for less than a day and needed help to buy time to recover.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

I think his unproductive way of going about things is actually a big part of why he has a 1 billion bounty.

Pretty much. As with Kidd, actively destroying towns and killing folks inflates the poo poo out of one's bounty.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Jack fought for 5 days without rest against Dog Storm and Cat Viper, who got to rest in between fights.

Cat Viper, even without a hand, was so intimidating that Capone, a Supernova, decided to hightail it because he felt he didn't stand a chance.

Luffy fought Doffy for less than a day and needed help to buy time to recover.

To be fair for Luffy that was only because had to use Gear Four to beat Doffy in time.

It honestly felt like he was more than Donflamingos match normally and Donflamingo only forced him to use it because he was closing the cage, so Luffy needed a quick win.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Jack obviously has small elephant syndrome after seeing Zou, he's overcompensating.

His bounty could be due to a particularly "bad" crime in the eyes of the World Government (i.e. murdering a World Noble).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Asuron posted:

To be fair for Luffy that was only because had to use Gear Four to beat Doffy in time.

It honestly felt like he was more than Donflamingos match normally and Donflamingo only forced him to use it because he was closing the cage, so Luffy needed a quick win.

Yeah, Luffy goes into that fight with every confidence he could beat him normally - he just wasn't willing to gamble that he could beat him in time that way. It's just that Doffy then surprises him with Awakening to gently caress that plan up and put him in a situation where he needs to recover for a bit.

And we saw what happened when Luffy was taking Awakening into account :v:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Asuron posted:

Plus all we know about Mango and his relationship with Kaido's group is that Kaido could kick the poo poo out of Mango. Jack may or may not be more powerful than the 2nd or 3rd strongest Warlord. Though Kuma is probably actually weaker as a pacifista than as a cyborg, so Mango is right after Mihawk.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

Plus all we know about Mango and his relationship with Kaido's group is that Kaido could kick the poo poo out of Mango. Jack may or may not be more powerful than the 2nd or 3rd strongest Warlord. Though Kuma is probably actually weaker as a pacifista than as a cyborg, so Mango is right after Mihawk.

I'd say it's something like Mihawk > Weeble = Doflamingo > Kuma = Hancock = Law >>> Buggy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think it's supposed to be 'Weevil'. Shichibukai all have animal-themed naming.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

I think it's supposed to be 'Weevil'. Shichibukai all have animal-themed naming.

Yes, laws and blackbeards and clowns are some of the most dangerous animals around.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, laws and blackbeards and clowns are some of the most dangerous animals around.

Well... Bugs are animals.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Law is a Tiger

Blackbeard is a Hippo.

Buggy is the only one I don't know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stallion Cabana posted:

Law is a Tiger

Blackbeard is a Hippo.

Buggy is the only one I don't know.

Those are animal motifs, not animal-themed names.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Blackbeard is a Hippo.

I thought he was a frog.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Huzzah! posted:

I thought he was a frog.

he has a Hippo themed figure iirc

Adbot