Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Vengarr posted:

Get it on sale.

Too late. How do I shoot pubs with gonna?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I didnt know you could shoot through that :saddowns:

to make up for my stupidity, get a load of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ecnzXQhuo

Basticle fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 14, 2016

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Basticle posted:

I didnt know you could shoot through that :saddowns:

to make up for my stupidity, get a load of this

If it makes you feel any better it looks like blood shot out of his head but the hit didn't register.

But yeah him shooting you through the couch is working as intended.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Basticle posted:

is this like a known exploit or a hacker or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnvDyKG99M

I love everything about this up to and including the requisite "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Too late. How do I shoot pubs with gonna?

I think people still use the CTS mumble mostly? Link is in the OP. There's some beginner info stuff there too, a big effortpost I made way back when that shouldn't really be out of date. The game doesn't really have tutorials and when it does explain something it does it poorly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Basticle posted:

is this like a known exploit or a hacker or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnvDyKG99M

The only problem I see there is you clearly shot him in the head, since it was the only visible thing and blood came out. But it clearly was not the case on his screen. Lag compensation I suppose.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Holy poo poo it's a free weekend for Siege on Steam.

Gonna sledge so many idiots.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I'm almost done downloading it for the free weekend to remind myself why they still have learned nothing from Rainbow Six: Lockdown.

I'll be in the CTS channel for the next few hours or whatever if anyone wants to sledge me in the face endlessly.

edit-- welp, nevermind. turns out the "weekend" doesn't start for another 4 hours.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 14, 2016

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Anyone getting an error on the steam version of siege? I keep getting a popup saying "Failed to start (Invalid app config)". Trying to launch through Uplay gives me the same error.

Has the free weekend broken the paid for version of the game or something too? If so this is bullshit.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Drone_Fragger posted:

Anyone getting an error on the steam version of siege? I keep getting a popup saying "Failed to start (Invalid app config)". Trying to launch through Uplay gives me the same error.

Has the free weekend broken the paid for version of the game or something too? If so this is bullshit.

Just tried it myself. Maybe they're changing poo poo over right now for the free weekend or something and we just caught it at a bad time?

Also, oh poo poo hey Drone_Fragger! Long time no see. We played MWO together. I was that Shadow Cat idiot savant. Let's hit things with sledgehammers together.

edit-- it's up! you can play the free weekend now!

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 14, 2016

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Foehammer posted:

Gonna sledge get aimbotted by so many idiots.

i think this is more accurate for a free weekend of anything

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Foehammer posted:

Gonna sledge so many idiots.

Out of my usual group of friends who game only about half have this game so we got everyone in on the free weekend and set up a custom game so we could do team on team. Motherfuckers were stacking up like it was t hunt and i flanked and shot 4 of them in the back at the same time with the super 90

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Basticle posted:

Out of my usual group of friends who game only about half have this game so we got everyone in on the free weekend and set up a custom game so we could do team on team. Motherfuckers were stacking up like it was t hunt and i flanked and shot 4 of them in the back at the same time with the super 90

It's crazy going up against so many new people at once, you really see how important map knowledge is. I'm like a fuckin' xenomorph coming out of the walls and picking off an assault team one by one :getin:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Stickin to casual for the free weekend, folks

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Basticle posted:

I know you think this is funny but my inner child is legit crying after reading this post. :rip: rainbowsix

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Love Stole the Day posted:

I know you think this is funny but my inner child is legit crying after reading this post. :rip: rainbowsix

Have you actually unlocked an operator yet or are you still abstaining on the grounds that it would involve caring too much.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
I really like my Recruit guy and I think I'll stick with him because the game is more fun and closer to what I remember as a kid when I can choose between 9 12 18 primary weapons rather than just the 2 or 3 available to a single freemium character afaik.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 15, 2016

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This looks neat; I'm glad it's on free weekend. Probably won't touch the PvP, but if the co-op is basically Vegas 2 Terrorist Hunt with fancier toys and maps, then I'll be happy. I still play Vegas 2 Terrorist Hunt with my brother and girlfriend every few months or so.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Love Stole the Day posted:

I really like my Recruit guy and I think I'll stick with him because the game is more fun and closer to what I remember as a kid when I can choose between 9 12 18 primary weapons rather than just the 2 or 3 available to a single freemium character afaik.

Yeah man having to play 3 rounds to unlock a character is totally bullshit. Everything should be given to me on a silver platter.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Shine posted:

This looks neat; I'm glad it's on free weekend. Probably won't touch the PvP, but if the co-op is basically Vegas 2 Terrorist Hunt with fancier toys and maps, then I'll be happy. I still play Vegas 2 Terrorist Hunt with my brother and girlfriend every few months or so.

I really, really wish there was a workaround for the "endless firing" sound bug that pops up occasionally for me in Vegas 2.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Shine posted:

I came into this free weekend with the exact same expectation as you. Here's how the game works:

Instead of playing Terrorist Hunt like we're used to, the game will randomly choose one of several game modes (e.g. "defend the hostage against waves of AI", "defuse the bomb while defending it against waves of AI", and then the original mode we remember from before). The game also forces you to play whatever map it randoms for you. You're not allowed to pick and choose the map and game mode that you like. (edit-- but somehow you're able to do all of that in the Adversarial game mode which makes no sense imo)

Also when I was close to beating the Hereford Base map's Lone Wolf mission on Normal difficulty, which I've been trying to accomplish over this past hour, my internet hiccuped for a second and so Ubisoft disconnected me from my own loving solo game.

The other random game modes (e.g. rescue hostage and defuse bomb) sound fine at first glance until you realize that you're on a time limit for everything but the actual Terrorist Hunt game mode and that you have to sit around and defend the objective against waves of enemies. So it's effectively the same gameplay as Left 4 Dead: stumble around and find a thing and survive the hordes of AI that try to insta kill you with these new random suicide bombers that either take a full mag or force you to use the cawadoody ironsight mechanic to hit their head.

Standing still, even when crouched or prone, has super bad crosshair spread and the only way to actually hit what you want in this game is to let a blurry 3D gun butt take up a third of your screen for the entire round.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 15, 2016

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Great Beer posted:

Yeah man having to play 3 rounds to unlock a character is totally bullshit. Everything should be given to me on a silver platter.

It's a valid grievance, especially if you played games back when companies didn't pretend their full-priced games needed trickling content unlocks to "keep players engaged" or whatever obnoxious corporate justification companies use for their shoehorned Skinner boxes. Given that they give you the option to pay real money on top of this full-priced game to unlock stuff sooner, it comes off as a cash grab, encouraging people to whale out in a full-price game. When I bought Unreal Tournament, I didn't have to play some arbitrary number of games before I unlocked mutators, maps or skins (e: except for the final boss skin, which you could unlock with an INI without any sort of ban threat if you didn't care about the campaign mode), and I still felt compelled to play the game simply because it was enough fun to play on its own merits without resorting to this sort of nonsense.

Foehammer posted:

I really, really wish there was a workaround for the "endless firing" sound bug that pops up occasionally for me in Vegas 2.

I spent 90% of my time holding down the 21E's trigger anyway :D

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Beating the tutorials gives you enough to unlock half of them and it takes maybe 3 hours to get the rest so it just comes off as whining about nothing.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Watch the video tutorials (you can literally click on them and click skip) and you get enough renown to buy a character. Beat the situations and you'll get enough for a good chunk of the rest + pimped out guns for them. I dunno about 3 hours to unlock everyone unless you routinely ace games in your first 3 hours of play but it's really not that bad a grind.

You can filter terrorist hunt maps and game modes, it's just buried in settings -> matchmaking. I agree it's pretty dumb that's not more obvious, it took me like 10 hours before I realised, but it is still there.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
After 10 tries of aborting in the gear select screen, I finally rolled Terrorist Hunt Classic again.

I'm beginning to feel like this game mode is only available for Hereford Base.

Great Beer posted:

Beating the tutorials gives you enough to unlock half of them and it takes maybe 3 hours to get the rest so it just comes off as whining about nothing.

:pgi:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
go to matchmaking settings and switch it to exclusively terrorist hunt classic

I should probably point out, this is really not a singleplayer game. I got my face stomped in when I first got this in multiplayer and hid out in terrorist hunt for a few weeks but it really opens up when you're willing to actually play with other people. The learning curve is mostly in learning the maps (so playing some terrorist hunt isn't a bad idea I suppose) but once you get past that there's really no other game like it.

as for having to look down sights all the time, yeah, that's the game. I guess you can try shotguns if you really don't want that.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Why do they not allow you to pick your own map/objective for PvE co-op? How does a company make that sort of decision and think "this is a smart thing to do"? :psyduck:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
You can pick the mode you want for t-hunt, but not the map.

It is hidden in the options menu somewhere.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
~goon gets mad about having to look down the sights in a first person shooter game~

Seriously. That's it, we've reached peak nerdball crybaby gamer. Close it up folks.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Koramei posted:

go to matchmaking settings and switch it to exclusively terrorist hunt classic

Rahu posted:

You can pick the mode you want for t-hunt, but not the map.

It is hidden in the options menu somewhere.

You two are a godsend. I had to dig around for a minute but I found it finally. For some reason I thought it'd be in the Multiplayer->Custom Game settings somewhere or on a magical button in the Terrorist Hunt section of the main menu.

Also:

Now that I can play this game the way I've actually wanted to without quitting and requeueing over and over, I like it a bit more. I'll be in the CTS channel if anyone else wants to shoot tangos.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 16, 2016

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah it really should be in a better place. You can also technically pick the map if you filter out literally all the other ones.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Koramei posted:

Yeah it really should be in a better place. You can also technically pick the map if you filter out literally all the other ones.

That's not guaranteed, it only increases the chance but it still takes the people you are matched with settings into account and if they haven't blocked it the map could come up.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Oh, I was figuring they meant in singleplayer. Game mode wouldn't be guaranteed if other people had that set to other things either would it?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Koramei posted:

Oh, I was figuring they meant in singleplayer. Game mode wouldn't be guaranteed if other people had that set to other things either would it?

Yeah, everyone in the group needs their preferences to be identical to guarantee the game mode / map. I think it weights the options based on everyone's filters.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Not even then, my group of 5 all have plane blocked but it still comes up, it still takes the other teams preferences into account.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
that's because it's hardcoded into the game, plane is too good a map to be shuttered away

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Funny part is I love plane but everyone in my group hates it with a passion for some reason so I block it as well. Yatch on the other hand I hate with every fiber of my being for some reason. I always end a match of it in pure rage, even games we win.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
*trigger warning ps4 scrub footage ahead*

Sometimes my aim is like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JJl3GelYR8
(Also, stacking up? In April? I know it's PS4 but come on guys)

But then other times my aim is like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9bKzzyuG7w&t=25s

:downs:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Duke Chin posted:

~goon gets mad about having to look down the sights in a first person shooter game~

Seriously. That's it, we've reached peak nerdball crybaby gamer. Close it up folks.

I played with him for like 30 minutes and he's loving obsessed with Rainbow Six: Lockdown....and Takedown: Red Sabre??

I donno why you would spend so much time playing and posting about something you clearly don't like but goons are mysterious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

im pretty sure that when im up against shield dudes, they have a 99.99% chance to headshot me as soon as they drop their shield and look down the sights

• Locked thread