Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dozier didn't hit a home run last night :smith:

Buxton did though :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
In the championship now, two week matchup, H2H points and I have Darvish/Lester/Fernandez/CMartinez all starting Friday, which puts them at Wednesday starts for next week, which means they miss having 3 starts this matchup by ONE DAY. Bleh.

On top of that, Blackmon is in perpetual 'could come back any day now' mode. I only get 3 acquisitions a week and I'd like to use them to stream some pitchers at the end of next week, but every day Blackmon sits is another couple point I could have got from some WW OF.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Armed Neutrality posted:

It's nuts. I mean he's still awesome but what happened?

The ghost of Earl Weaver haunts him every time he steals a base.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'd love to know why Xander Bogaerts turned into dog poo poo literally the day after I traded for him, this last month has sure been fun

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trea Turner is super cool and good.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

People who stashed him all year are getting their money's worth, for sure

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Rand alPaul posted:

Trea Turner is super cool and good.

Agreed

The Pussy Boss posted:

People who stashed him all year are getting their money's worth, for sure

For cheap in my keeper league no less! He and Sanchez are already marked as my first two locks.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well poo poo I felt pretty smug about sticking with Bregman until I just looked at Turner's production :stare:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My opponent and I have been tied at 6-6-0 for most of the week with swings of 3 in either direction that last an hour or so.

Playoffs are stressful.

(The 6-6-0 line is perfectly split with him winning all batting stats and me winning all pitching.)

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Again, I'm the rear end in a top hat who has Turner, Bregman, and Buxton right now

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm the guy in a keeper league with one NA slot, my last three picks were Urias, Turner, and Moncada. I dropped Turner when he didn't make the opening day roster (hoped he would play SS and I had Cesar Hernandez with Kang on the DL). My arch-rival picked him up to stash and now his offense is raking while mine is sputtering into a bye

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 10, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh man, I picked up Sanchez kind of as a dumb homer/I'm losing so who cares move and now look at him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lo Cain most likely out for the season. What a useless pick he was this year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I outright dropped him about 2 or 3 weeks ago. My 3-5th round picks in my keeper league were Cain, Heyward, and Pineda :psyduck:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Beautiful.

They were 0-30 at one point, but Brian Dozier had to get a hit...

Thanks to the nature of H2H that didn't affect my chances of getting a bye at all.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
AJ Pollock you were supposed to white-knight my team to the promised land :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

AJ Pollock you were supposed to white-knight my team to the promised land :(

I know. Now I have to drop him for a closer to chase saves. Fernando Rodney don't gently caress up my ratios too bad!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I NEED HELP ASAP

to win my playoff matchup I need to win OBP.

I'm currently up .3289 to .3272

the guy I'm playing has Bregman v Arrieta.

I have Correa, Gattis, Zobrist, and Soler.

Assuming that I enter the night game ahead, do I just start Zobrist? Do I bench them all? Super conflicted.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Managed to pull out a tie at the last second to advance :smuggo:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ugh. In my main H2H league, we have a regular-season best record payout. I have statistically the best team in the league by a decent margin, but I'm currently in 2nd place by 1 game. I lost WHIP last week by a fractional amount and with the way my match and the one seed's match are going, if it ended right now, I'd lose the top overall spot by half a game. However, if Hector Rondon can get a hold tonight, it will secure me as the regular season champ on a tiebreaker. :shepicide:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

I NEED HELP ASAP

Assuming that I enter the night game ahead, do I just start Zobrist? Do I bench them all? Super conflicted.

No idea, but good luck! Correa Soler and Zobrist all have OBPs above .329 so bench Evan Gattis maybe? Or just start them all because who the hell knows

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone please tell me that trading Alex Reyes and Kyle Schwarber (and a mid round pick) for Corey Kluber isn't going to make me sad like eight months from now. It's a keeper league and the playoffs start tomorrow.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone please tell me that trading Alex Reyes and Kyle Schwarber (and a mid round pick) for Corey Kluber isn't going to make me sad like eight months from now. It's a keeper league and the playoffs start tomorrow.
Just depends if Reyes is a starter next season.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

You're paying an appropriately gross premium for an ace firing on all cylinders.

Flags fly forever bra!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Strickland got the save for the Giants today

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So i don't ever get to watch the cubs. Does Jake A just get really worn out after 5 innings or what

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

For the third time in seven years, I won my league. Thanks for a great year, friends.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

I NEED HELP ASAP

started Zobrist, won the matchup by .0004

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Who do I start: Boyd home vs Min or Cobb at Tor?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I've been streaming SPs all year; my opponent in playoffs went through yesterday and added and then dropped about half the free agent pitchers so they'd be on waivers and I couldn't use them. RUDE

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

bewbies posted:

So I've been streaming SPs all year; my opponent in playoffs went through yesterday and added and then dropped about half the free agent pitchers so they'd be on waivers and I couldn't use them. RUDE

That is gamemanship I do not believe in.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

bewbies posted:

unless he waited a day they should still be available.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

unless he waited a day they should still be available.

Our league locks rosters for the week on first pitch monday and they're on waivers until Tuesday morning.

I think I'll still win but it will be a lot closer than it would've otherwise. I'm kind of tempted to report it as there's actually a fair amount of money on the line :/

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I did that once in football, forcing my playoff opponent with an injured QB into starting Alex Smith like a decade ago. I was karmically massacred as Alex Smith went off, so hopefully you will also have your divine retribution

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

bewbies posted:

This is specifically against the rules on all fantasy sites. Why not talk to your commish? Unless your opponent is the commish, in which case you got a problem.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Woooo made it into the playoffs in my pro h2h league, sitting pretty in 3rd place. Not liking my chances, though, with my rotation of garbage - right now it's Maeda, Nova, Davies, Guerra, Skaggs, Santana, Luke Weaver, and Boyd. Heh. Maybe I can find some streamers...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Roster churning should be the sort of thing the commish steps in on.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Our semis are this week in my weekly lock league, and my opponent has like 5 SPs going on Sunday. Here's to cross-country torrential rain to end the weekend!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

well Salazar is out for 3 weeks so he's basically droppable. I'm starting to come around on this 'gently caress pitching' concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick Porcello for $1

Pitchers rule

• Locked thread