Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOM449H6Y8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I played that game (Horizon) and thought I understood it but I have no idea what any of you are talking about

Anyway *bangs on table* make with the Sonic

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What games are they expected to announce in the sonic direct

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean these all seem like reasonable questions

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

As someone who thought they remembered the major points of the lore, I have no idea who that is

It's a climate-monitoring AI that was originally developed by Sobeck when she first joined FAS to restore the Earth's damaged ecosystem in the 2040s, but then was "lost" and eventually claimed to have been recaptured by Faro two years later. This event was responsible for the passage of the Turing Act that limited the emotional capabilities of AI in the game lore. It's buried fairly deep in the datalogs but when you consider what could have been the "real source of the glitch" that began the Faro Plague, could have possibly survived Zero Day, has a motive for destroying all life, and has the machine knowledge to unshackle GAIA, all signs point to VS.

Or I could be totally wrong. But I did call Forbidden West like four years ago!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

"What was up with that realistic human kissing Sonic in that one game?"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

We don't talk about that

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I found out I am colorblind and my favorite stuff is actually a neon Hellscape of colors

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

re:Horizon Forbidden West: Nah what I really want to find out is what happened to the Odyssey space shuttle. And if it really did blow up along with the beta copy of Gaia on it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Boba Pearl posted:

I found out I am colorblind and my favorite stuff is actually a neon Hellscape of colors

Is that a sequel to I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream?

:j:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I refuse to accept that any bad things in the Aloyverse weren't ultimately caused by Ted Faro.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

-his death was part of the villain's plan to make a princess cry, for she was the host of a powerful ancient force that could only be released by her tears
-sonic the hedgehog, or ogilvie maurice hedgehog, depending on who you ask
-tails is a fox
-a teenager
-i wish
-no

Infinitum posted:

after sonic's death, his friends (except blaze who is also dead) work together to gather the seven chaos emeralds from the fractured remnants of reality, after which elise is able to channel that energy into a kiss to revive sonic and simultaneously transform him into super sonic. amusingly, sonic never meets the actual villain of 06, or does much of anything besides rescue elise repeatedly, so i'm fairly certain he has absolutely no idea what's going on in the final battle

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Sonic is dumb AF and I say this as someone who is a total idiot.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Sonic is dumb AF and I say this as someone who is a total idiot.

begone

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Boba Pearl posted:

I am not colourblind, yet my favourite thing is creating neon hellscapes of colour in every game that lets me colour things myself lol

Not sure what that says about me to be fair :thunk:

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Looper posted:

-his death was part of the villain's plan to make a princess cry, for she was the host of a powerful ancient force that could only be released by her tears
-sonic the hedgehog, or ogilvie maurice hedgehog, depending on who you ask
-tails is a fox
-a teenager
-i wish
-no
after sonic's death, his friends (except blaze who is also dead) work together to gather the seven chaos emeralds from the fractured remnants of reality, after which elise is able to channel that energy into a kiss to revive sonic and simultaneously transform him into super sonic. amusingly, sonic never meets the actual villain of 06, or does much of anything besides rescue elise repeatedly, so i'm fairly certain he has absolutely no idea what's going on in the final battle

Sonic kills an unknown number of people onboard the helicopter at the very start of Sonic Adventure 2, according to the pilot's emergency radio broadcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjjRWd5EfsM

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It kinda sucked to see the Sonic games finally achieve relative competence in Generations just for it to be thrown in the garbage (other than Mania)

I'm excited to see a good game or gawk at some trash

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Never

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’ve been ruminating on it a while, and I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t a game OST whose Stage 1/first level music slaps as much as Double Dragon Neon’s, but for obvious reasons I’d love to be proven wrong:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y_WQkTbYvc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Puyo Puyo Tetris whenever you get a single line cleared Sonic goes 'heh'

heh
heh
heh
heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

heh

If you win he starts to sing the City Escape song lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Beat em ups historically have had the dopest tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QC48qaJMI

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Looks like we’re getting a remake of Colors, a new collection we know nothing about currently, and possibly an actual new game to go with all that

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol even Sonic livestreams are full of hilarious bugs!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All right time for me to stare at these static screens of Forbidden West for the next five hours until I mentally construct the entire story of the game in my mind.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Sony stream: Literally a screensaver
Sonic stream: Fursuit Sonic throwing a hammer

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Spermando posted:

The HZD stream announcement said that the gameplay reveal would be at 2pm PT.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Never got around to Colors but heard it was alright

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spermando posted:

I kinda love that you don't play sonic in the Olympics, you literally just get a goddamn fursuit.

Lmao

Edit: and a mysterious teaser, woooooo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone else think it’s hosed up that “sonic” is an anagram of “coins” and yet the sonic games use rings instead?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They should've named him Girns.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Boba Pearl posted:

Do you like it because it's more colourful than normal stuff to you, but to non-colourblind people it looks super garish? It sounds like a good story! I need to know more!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's my birthday today :D

Usually my birthday's a sad time but I'm feeling kinda chipper about it now. Just turned 30. I'm gonna see if I can ask KCB if I can get some chili or tex mex for dinner or something.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Usually my birthday's a sad time but I'm feeling kinda chipper about it now. Just turned 30. I'm gonna see if I can ask KCB if I can get some chili or tex mex for dinner or something.

Happy Birthday.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell yeah happy bday FAK

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Let us know what cool creaks and cracks your body makes now that you're 30.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy birthday, glad you can enjoy it this year and I hope you can enjoy more of the ones to come!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Happy bday FAK!

https://youtu.be/in6bP2KFmcE

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FirstAidKite posted:

Welcome to the cool side of 30, happy birthday!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

mutata posted:

They should've named him Girns.

Super Girns Bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

happy birthday!!