Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Mittens, micromanager, and all the other m-posters got it in their head that baculus doing a fun csm campaign = baculus is the delta sqad God emperor

Everyone knows that aritzia is the delta sqad God emperor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

if you were as cool as me

Genuine lmao you fuckin' dweeb

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

last post of this page is the coolest eve online player

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
thanks, that means a lot

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022
I saw a goose astero in a lowsec yesterday and I didn't get shot at despite my GSF alliance tag.

What gives, goose people?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No guns there is only scan.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

learnincurve posted:

No guns there is only scan.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Honk

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Hey there. I'm really sorry about the stuff you describe going through. The protest site foray does sound cool as gently caress. I also have tons of questions about Moscow and stuff but I guess that those would be a significant derail even by the spectacular, historical standards of this thread.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
As opposed to Yet Another Lecture About How You All Play The Game Wrong by our resident lecturer?

Bring on the derail

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rust Martialis posted:

As opposed to Yet Another Lecture About How You All Play The Game Wrong by our resident lecturer?

Bring on the derail

Did you write up a word doc in advance or?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
its not about yall playing the game wrong

it's about yall literally not playing the game (and you suck lol)

yet another splinter people are tricked into joining just for the orchestrators of the split to afk lol

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Doing something very poorly and not doing it at all are mutually exclusive concepts. For example, nobody can deny that Globby does post.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol this dork’s entire ego revolves around the massive multiplayer online game Eve

Eve online

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Globby bitching that people don't play the game the right way? Must be a day ending in y

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Rust Martialis posted:

Bring on the derail

You abused your rights for years as a mumbler moderator and oppressed the creativeness, imagination, as well as potential community contribution by many blossoming Goonswarm RealOne(TM) btw compadres.

#BRINGINGthaHEAT

#MUCHspiceISnice

#RustMartialis?MoreLikeRustyBarfilousHAH

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

:fart:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

imagine parroting NCPL elite peeveepee talking points, even as a bit, in the year of 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Globby bitching that people don't play the game the right way? Must be a day ending in y

yet another splinter people are tricked into joining just for the orchestrators of the split to afk lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
imgay

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
imagine breaking a game so much the developers have to actually change the game around you, but still being such a colossal dipshit that no one will actually listen to your opinions about it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Baculus posted:

imagine breaking a game so much the developers have to actually change the game around you, but still being such a colossal dipshit that no one will actually listen to your opinions about it.

just FYI, they've had to change the game around me 8 specifically distinct times, the three biggest being

1) hyperdunking
2) burst jamming
3) gridwalling facpo

so just remember whose presence ur in, i'm the best eve online player that's ever existed.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Lol

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

i'm the best eve online player that's ever existed.

that red text is probably the most accurate of any on this site

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

More plot progression than the Rings of Power

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

so just remember whose presence ur in, i'm the best eve online player that's ever existed.

Nah, I am

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

what the gently caress is this

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Gonna log in just to mock this

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Playing Eve all the time isn't the flex you think it is at all.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

I ain't in goosefleet, but please explain in great detail what I'm doing in the game because I'd like to know

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

they taught themselves to be a cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S03T47hapAc

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

You're a weird guy, Golbby. I'd probably like you if you weren't such an rear end in a top hat, but alas...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

hailthefish posted:

what the gently caress is this

The inevitable result of a cult of personality.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I still have no idea who globby is and I knew Shin ra and Stavros in real life back in the day.

Come back and brag when you have a monument at jita lightweight.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

just FYI, they've had to change the game around me 8 specifically distinct times, the three biggest being

1) hyperdunking
2) burst jamming
3) gridwalling facpo

I don’t know what these specific things are about, but I have to admit that someone getting a successful world-wide MMO (19 years!) to retroactively adjust systems eight times in reaction to emergent gameplay of one single player is impressive. Hell, I thought I was a genius when I figured out on my own how to set a route with waypoints and a final destination.

Haven’t seen devs get so butthurt over a single player since Fansy. In character, too. He was literally untouchable on the first “no rules” server because he knew how the game worked better than the devs. Goddamn bard de-leveled me from 12 to 10 in one day, and I was laughing the whole time trying to drag my body and gear so it didn’t rot.

Globby may be abrasive, and I can’t fathom how he functions in real life away from the game (no judgement!), but he certainly understands Eve Online. And somethingawful.com poster psychology as well. :argh:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nah he’s just an idiot who thrives on negative attention and for some reason he’s allowed to derail this thread and make it about himself constantly. I can only imagine how insufferable he is irl.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

idk hes starting to grow on me

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Frank Frank posted:

Nah he’s just an idiot who thrives on negative attention and for some reason he’s allowed to derail this thread and make it about himself constantly. I can only imagine how insufferable he is irl.

I mean, I did say “abrasive,” but not nearly to the point of some folks just here on SA over twenty two years! Plus the fact that people’s online persona may be the opposite of their irl personality or reputation in a game. I wouldn’t even consider it “trolling,” more like he knows exactly what buttons to tweak and what to say to annoy-yet-not-fall-afoul-of-rules.

Incidentally, which he also apparently is good at to the dev team of Eve Online. I bring up Fansy a couple of decades later because The Company changed the game specifically in response to his (within the rules) exploits. If Globby enjoys getting devs and posters riled up he’s unarguably good at it. I’m not saying that as plus or minus to the thread, but it certainly brings action (dev changes/forum postings)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

DerekSmartymans posted:

Plus the fact that people’s online persona may be the opposite of their irl personality or reputation in a game.

I'd probably end up with psychological damage if I tried to do this. I use the same name here as I do on all gaming services, discord, twitter etc and all my RL friends as well as military+civilian coworkers all know me by.

I wouldn't post anything on the internet that I couldn't justify to everyone I know in real life.