Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is Kane?
Really good
WWE World Heavyweight Championship material
Hope he never retires
Better than Daniel Bryan
View Results

• Locked thread
NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

Codependent Poster posted:

What are these legal alternatives?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I have no idea how this is going to go. Brock goes over Cena at SS, you lose the champion for months. Cena goes over, makes the streak that Brock ended look like a joke.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Cena is about 200 Undertakers combined when it come to how protected he is. Also Lesnar breaking the streak doesn't give the belt to a guy who makes 4 appearances a year.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Vintimus Prime posted:

I have no idea how this is going to go. Brock goes over Cena at SS, you lose the champion for months. Cena goes over, makes the streak that Brock ended look like a joke.

This is my thinking as well.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I missed the entire show, I just got home after taking my mom out for her birthday. What match(es) are worth watching?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pariah Rex posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA anyone who think Brock would go over Cena for the belt has either never watched wrestling before or is a total fool.

They had Cena win the first time. Brock is winning.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

NTRKouhai posted:

Not really. There's alternatives that are quicker than the actual WWE Network itself and NXT gets aired about 12 or so hours before it airs on the WWE Network. The only thing that's even worth it is WWE Countdown, and that can also be seen elsewhere.

There's nothing on the WWE Network right now that's worth the price.

Compared to other legal alternatives, it's worth it. And I've been watching long enough that I felt it was fine to start spending $10 a month.

However, if this means Orton/Cena Part 514 will main event next PPV then I might reconsider re-upping.

bartok
May 10, 2006

They gave the title to The Rock

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You seem to have forgotten that Cena Winz Lol.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Rusev/Big E was amazingly not bad.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

bartok posted:

The Rock is a movie star.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

counterpoint: John Cena

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

I missed the entire show, I just got home after taking my mom out for her birthday. What match(es) are worth watching?

Pretty much the whole show, but ESPECIALLY the briefcase match.

bartok
May 10, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

You seem to have forgotten that Cena Winz Lol.

Except when he loses.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Pariah Rex posted:

Rollins is going to look really great when he cashes in that case just look at all the good it did for Sandow...Ziggler....Miz....Swagger...etc.

Edge, RVD, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

AlmightyPants posted:

First three are solid to great, the Big E Rusev match was a fun Hoss Off and the main event is decent save a very weak ending.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

bartok posted:

The Rock owns

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexters Secret posted:

And Brock Lesnar is a huge draw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Renaissance Spam posted:

First three are solid to great, the Big E Rusev match was a fun Hoss Off and the main event is decent save a very weak ending.

I dunno, I thought the main event was pretty weak. Especially compared to the earlier ladder match. I'd recommend to watch them in reverse order.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And Brock Lesnar is a huge draw

When he is actually physically present, yes.

Giving the belt to The Rock was rallying people in passively, especially when he did poo poo like take the belt with him to televised appearances.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
The match for the World Heavyweight Championship was pretty awesome. The ending didn't fit the tempo of the match, but if anyone were to ask me why I watch wrestling, this match would serve as a pretty great example. Specifically Cesaro/Sheamus hanging out punching each other.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They actually have like 24 Brock appearances per year, they could easily put the belt on him for a ppv or two. The issue is that it takes the belt off the road for house shows and such.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

El Generico posted:

The only one from that list who immediately benefited from the cash in was Edge. RVD was already over as all hell, and Punk and Bryan's pushes into superduperstardom came well after their cash-ins.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
The Rock was also a transitional champion so they could give the belt to Cena again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey dudes and ladies, we need to consider Seth Rollins attempting a cashin on Lesnar. He'll die so much.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They already let Orton have a terrible title reign that no one liked and Bryan's title reign was, well, poo poo. At this point, the WWE title isn't that important and certainly doesn't make one rise above John Cena Eternal Champ level. I have no problem with an absent Lesnar title reign if someone new gets to dethrone him.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

Also when they gave it to the Rock they're was only one PPV in between when he won it and when he lost it and The Rock was willing to show up for a couple of shows in between Brock Lesnar wants no part of regular schedule, and they're are months of show between SummerSlam and when they would have Lesnar drop the belt. Even if he lost it at Survivor Series that would still be two PPV's with no title defenses.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Dexters Secret posted:

This is my thinking as well.

I mean long term since there is no ETA on Bryan's return, you can't have a transitional champion since he's not coming back for summer slam. But if they feed Brock to Cena AGAIN, and if you didn't know Brock ended the Undertakers undefeated streak at WM, where do you go from there? I mean at that point Cena has killed all the other immortals and becomes highlander.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mukaikubo posted:

Hey so I'm a newbie (~3 months) and I thought that was a pretty drat fun PPV to watch, am I doing it wrong? I think I'm supposed to be weeping and raging and cancelling my subscription, but instead I'm having fun. Does having fun make me a Bad Fan? I do not want to get on y'all's bad side. :(

Yes.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Prozach posted:

The only one from that list who immediately benefited from the cash in was Edge. RVD was already over as all hell, and Punk and Bryan's pushes into superduperstardom came well after their cash-ins.

The briefcase helped get people back into RVD, and Punk and Bryan's careers got some momentum off of the briefcase, pushed them into prominent angles.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

El Generico posted:

The only real success story in that group is Edge. RVD ruined his push because he loved drugs to much. CM Punk is a loving worthless quitter, and Daniel Bryan is made out of glass.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great night to be a fan, wish I'd seen it live.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

For some reason I do not trust this man!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pariah Rex posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA anyone who think Brock would go over Cena for the belt has either never watched wrestling before or is a total fool.

They'll never give the streak to a part timer.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Eltoasto posted:

They actually have like 24 Brock appearances per year, they could easily put the belt on him for a ppv or two. The issue is that it takes the belt off the road for house shows and such.

Who goes to a house show to see a WWE Championship Match? When is the last time a time a belt even changed hands at a house show?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mukaikubo posted:

Seriously, have fun. I need someone else in the Positivity Patrol :unsmith:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Astro7x posted:

Who goes to a house show to see a WWE Championship Match? When is the last time a time a belt even changed hands at a house show?

Didn't it happen not too long ago with the IC(?) belt only to get renegged on during a RAW or a Main Event taping or something? This happened like, three months ago I think?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mukaikubo posted:

Welcome to the machine.

bartok
May 10, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously, have fun. I need someone else in the Positivity Patrol :unsmith:

Great PPV and I am curious what happens tomorrow on Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

It's not going to see a title change, it's that usually the champion is the most popular and heavily promoted guy so you get people to show up to see them wrestle and win if they're faces, or if they're heels, see the guy they're facing.

• Locked thread