Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The Brits don't have Sir Mix-a-Lot. An Accurate Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Vanity Fair had a little fun with Hillary Clinton last week. But it didn’t last long.

The mag produce this video for its on-line site The Hive. The sketch featured staffers proposing toasts to Hillary. And each toast offered a New Year’s resolution urging her to abstain from running for office again.

One recommended she teach Yoga, another counseled alternate nostril breathing and another advised her to take up knitting.

Naturally the Hillary Faithful charged sexism. So Vanity Fair apologized and pulled the video.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The Brits don't have Sir Mix-a-Lot. An Accurate Cartoon.
Despite a national health care system, they have nowhere to kick those nasty thoughts.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Gotta say, the KKK traffic cone is pretty inspired. :allears:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

Shugojin posted:

Yeah it was a little over a week ago when the republicans unilaterally passed legislation repealing the individual mandate

Also in October when Trump unilaterally decided to stop paying the cost-sharing subsidies.

Plus that whole thing where the entire Republican-appointed wing of the Supreme Court (plus Breyer and Kagan, let's not let them off the hook) ruled against the mandatory Medicaid expansion and Republican governors opted not to expand Medicaid in their states.

All in all, the ACA is a pretty good case study of Republican domestic policy as a whole: actively work to undermine government programs/agencies however you can and then point to how they're failing as justification for further cuts/privatization.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

"The cartoonist has no idea how sexual harassment works."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I love Farage's license plate. NF in the UK is the racist fascist group the National Front, and of course 1933 is the year Hitler took over.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Zelda sure seems to be a loyal fan of Sierra tequila.

If there's anything about Payne that still amuses me, it's his constant mix of fonts and Henry-chickenscratch for his dumb newspaper gags.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

Zelda sure seems to be a loyal fan of Sierra tequila.

I'm triggered by the hundred year old man saying "yeah"

Katt fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 30, 2017

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Katt posted:

*1 year old man.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Dr. Stab posted:

*1 year old man.

Or 2017 year old :thunk:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Katt posted:

I know I'm going to regret asking, but do you live in a universe where "yeah" is a word reserved for kidsthesedays?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Xander77 posted:

I know I'm going to regret asking, but do you live in a universe where "yeah" is a word reserved for kidsthesedays?

Compromise. People younger than 80?

And "ya" or "ye" Doesn't count. It has to be the ye-a-ehh sound.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Payne is from Detroit? poo poo, I was hoping his house would be the first to be flooded by sea level rise.

"If global warming is real why is the water in my living room so cold? :smug:"

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
As a reminder, it's Dec 30 and I'm wearing a t-shirt outside here in San Diego, CA. gently caress you, Payne

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Tarezax posted:

As a reminder, it's Dec 30 and I'm wearing a t-shirt outside here in San Diego, CA. gently caress you, Payne

If global warming, then why December

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Wow, that wacky media, making mountains out of molehills...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Trump Derangement Syndrome is what really gets me. They spent eight years fixated on Obama and just project like a theater the second he leaves office.

EDIT: Especially galling since Payne has spent many strips criticizing Trump.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

It is cruel that the story about Alexander Downer of all people being instrumental to starting the FBI investigation dropped while all the Australian cartoonists are on break.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It must be exhausting trying to spin Trump as doing a good job. I mean if you didn't like Obama, that's fine, not everyone is going to like everyone, and so long as you can provide reasons that aren't based on race or fake news, that's alright, it's your opinon. But you don't have to fall in line with mindless cheerleading just because the next guy has an R rather than a D next to his name. Honestly it's nice that some of the Conserative leaning cartoonists have been anti-Trump because Trump has pretty much nothing to do with any form of Conserative politics, aside of how he can use them to enrich himself.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 31, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You have to remember that most of these dudes are soulless husks that have been spinning lies for the GOP for over twenty years. It's probably a reflex by now; just say "Trump" or "conservatives" in a negative tone and they'd probably immediately launch into a tirade about how Democrats also doing it or how it's actually a good thing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

OldMemes posted:

It must be exhausting trying to spin Trump as doing a good job. I mean if you didn't like Obama, that's fine, not everyone is going to like everyone, and so long as you can provide reasons that based on race or fake news, that's alright, it's your opinon. But you don't have to fall in line with mindless cheerleading just because the next guy has an R rather than a D next to his name. Honestly it's nice that some of the Conserative leaning cartoonists have been anti-Trump because Trump has pretty much nothing to do with any form of Conserative politics, aside of how he can use them to enrich himself.

I dunno, I think Trump is the perfect representation of conservative politics. The glorification of wealth above all else, the chauvinism, the anti-intellectualism, the laughably thin veneer of religiosity that nonetheless garnered more Evangelical support than any other presidential candidate in history, Donald Trump as President of the United States seems like the logical end result of decades of conservative messaging. He's what happens when the political operatives who've cynically used racism, bootstraps, and religious messages to gain support for their sole interest, policies that let the rich get richer at the expense of everything else, lose control of the party to the very class of idiots they've been manipulating all along.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

OldMemes posted:

It must be exhausting trying to spin Trump as doing a good job. I mean if you didn't like Obama, that's fine, not everyone is going to like everyone, and so long as you can provide reasons that aren't based on race or fake news, that's alright, it's your opinon. But you don't have to fall in line with mindless cheerleading just because the next guy has an R rather than a D next to his name. Honestly it's nice that some of the Conserative leaning cartoonists have been anti-Trump because Trump has pretty much nothing to do with any form of Conserative politics, aside of how he can use them to enrich himself.

:lol: no, grift is at the very center of modern conservative politics. Trump is conservative politics given a face, voice and a loving twitter account.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Katt posted:

Compromise. People younger than 80?

And "ya" or "ye" Doesn't count. It has to be the ye-a-ehh sound.

Ye-a-ehh?????

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

:lol: no, grift is at the very center of modern conservative politics. Trump is conservative politics given a face, voice and a loving twitter account.
Yeah, conservatives really only hate him because he shows the world the actual ugliness of their worldview. Didn't stop the evangelicals from voting for him and now even sucking up to him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trump literally says what they've all been thinking.
None of them disagree with what he's saying, their only issue is that he insists on using the regular whistle instead of the dog whistle, and even that's only considered an issue by some of them.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I meant in terms that Trump doesn't have a clear ideology aside from being Trump, and seems to zig zag from one point to another as it suits him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

OldMemes posted:

I meant in terms that Trump doesn't have a clear ideology aside from being Trump, and seems to zig zag from one point to another as it suits him.

His ideology is literally that one Dems vs Republicans meme:
- More money for me
- gently caress you.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

OldMemes posted:

Yeah, but that's exactly what conservatism is: gently caress You, Got Mine. Anyone with an actual ideology beyond that is just a dupe for the conservatives leech off of.

Edit: EFB.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Republican objection to Trump is that he's too overt and senile about enacting their desires for eternal war, crushing minorities, transferring wealth etc.

A nice man like Pence who does all the same things but gives solemn speeches on patriotism and doesn't brag about his fuckable daughter would be ideal.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

the_steve posted:

His ideology is literally that one Dems vs Republicans meme:
- More money for me
- gently caress you.

Except that unlike traditional Republicans, it's not "more money for me and my donors" it's "me and my family."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
* except Tiffany, the Worst Child.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Trump literally just made speeches like conservative fwded emails were true with a straight face.

Combined with some distilled 'It was better in the good old days' that every generation gets when they start going senile.

Sad. literally

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

All of Payne's comics can be explained with the reminder that Henry Payne is a loving idiot.

The only thing he's remotely competent at is car reviews, and even then he generally only likes cars with V-8s or bigger in them.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Look, I'm not saying Henry Payne needs his sexual partners to shout "VROOM, VROOOOM" in order to perform, I'm just saying if you do it once to indulge him he'll demand it every time, so be careful out there.

vroom vroom

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

But does Al-Jazeera like Apple Pie?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Look, I'm not saying Henry Payne needs his sexual partners to shout "VROOM, VROOOOM" in order to perform, I'm just saying if you do it once to indulge him he'll demand it every time, so be careful out there.

Numerous studies have been conducted upon patients in terminal paresis (GPI), placing Reagan in a series of simulated auto crashes, e.g. multiple pileups, head-on collisions, motorcade attacks (fantasies of Presidential assassinations remained a continuing preoccupation, subject showing a marked polymorphic fixation on windshields and rear trunk assemblies). Powerful erotic fantasies of an anal-sadistic surrounded the image of the Presidential contender.

Subjects were required to construct the optimum auto disaster victim by placing a replica of Reagan’s head on the unretouched photographs of crash fatalities.

In 82% of cases massive rear-end collisions were selected with a preference for expressed fecal matter and rectal hemorrhages. Further tests were conducted to define the optimum model-year. These indicate that a three year model lapse with child victims provide the maximum audience excitation (confirmed by manufacturers’ studies of the optimum auto disaster). It is hoped to construct a rectal modulous of Reagan and the auto disaster of maximized audience arousal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And I thought JG Ballard was dead!

• Locked thread