Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I don’t really count Emma as much of a villain, she has been a relatively benign force for some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
When I think of X men enemies, it’s always Magneto, sinister, apocalypse, dark phoenix and the hellfire club.

I guess I’d put Mojo up there too but most of the others I’d consider are part of the Magneto led brotherhood.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
The X-Men pinball from 2012 has Juggernaut, Sentinels, Sabertooth, Omega Red, and Shadow King villain modes as well as Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Magneto, and Hellfire Club multiballs. Dark Phoenix is the wizard mode.

Deadpool from 2018 has Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabertooth modes, as well as Sauron mini-wizard and Mr. Sinister wizard modes.

Needs more Arcade.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think Sauron actually shows up in more episodes of the original animated series than Juggernaut does, shockingly

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Im going through the original show and Sauron definitely shows up more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pillowpants posted:

When I think of X men enemies, it’s always Magneto, sinister, apocalypse, dark phoenix and the hellfire club.

I guess I’d put Mojo up there too but most of the others I’d consider are part of the Magneto led brotherhood.

The Brotherhood is weird.

The first version consisted of Magneto, Toad, Mastermind, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch and fought the X-Men a few times. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch eventually left and joined the Avengers, while Toad ditched. Unus the Untouchable and Blob joined up for a time. Magneto left after the turned into a baby thing, and the original Brotherhood disbanded soon after.

The second version was founded by Magneto but he did not work with them, with new membership, Burner, Lifter, Peeper, Shocker (unrelated to the Spider-man one renamed himself Paralyzer later), and Slither. They are ditched by Magneto after their first defeat, later renamed themselves the Mutant Force and then the Resistants.

The third version has most of the iconic members. Founded by Mystique, and consisting of Destiny, Avalanche, Pyro, Blob, and Rogue. After Rogue joined the X-Men this version joined the United States Government and became known as Freedom Force which they served as longer than as the Brotherhood.

The fourth version emerged after Freedom Force was disbanded, it was founded by Toad and consisted of Blob, Pyro, Phantazia, Sauron, Masque, and Thornn (Though Masque and Thornn are shortlived members only for the first outing).

The fifth version was created by Dark Beast and led by Havok after he got brainwashed by Dark Beast, included Dark Beast Fatale, and, briefly, Aurora, Random, Ever, and X-Man. Was short lived.

Version Six was made by Xavier to stop an evil Cerebro and fake X-men, other members were Toad, Blob, Pyro, Mimic, and Post. After Xavier left having acomplished his goal they became mercenaries under Mystique.

Version Seven. Mystique founded it again, keeping Avalanche, Blob, Post, and Toad from the previous version, and adding Crimson Commando, Sabre, Lady Mastermind, and Sabretooth.

Version Eight. Mystique again with Avalanche, Blob, Lady Mastermind, and new member Fever Pitch.

Version Nine. Founded by Xorn. Included Toad, Basilisk, Beak, Ernst, Esme Cuckoo, No-Girl, and Angel Salvadore.

Version Ten. Founded by Exodus and included Avalanche, Sabretooth, Black Tom Cassidy, Juggernaut, Mammomax, and Nocturne.

There are more but I think the point is pretty clear. Mystique made a fourth one as well. Magneto funny enough had very little to do with the Brotherhood after 1977 he does not involve himself in a Brotherhood until 2018.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 13, 2024

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Don’t forget the 2001 Brotherhood that was unrelated to the others.
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brotherhood_(Earth-616)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

To go with the villain talk, I recently started looking at the list of Marvel video games, mainly to keep track of who the final bosses were and seeing if there was an article that could come out of it. There wasn't, but I did find the X-Men stuff kind of interesting. There are so many games with Magneto as the final boss and a handful with Apocalypse, but other villains who have been the final threat include:

- Arcade
- Adversary
- Stryfe
- Mojo
- Trevor Fitzroy
- X-Men clones created from the Phalanx
- Onslaught
- Sabretooth
- Cyber
- Lady Deathstrike
- Bastion (the third Mutant Academy fighting game)

I don't think Sinister was a final boss until the Deadpool game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Bastion is also the final boss of X-Men Destiny

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had to look up who Cyber was because I’ve never heard of him

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1790050657958863302?t=SD59VpjX6GhV697avji7MA&s=19

The Marvel account removed the post so maybe it was an intern having some fun or something, because I don't know how this is an actual title...

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gavok posted:

To go with the villain talk, I recently started looking at the list of Marvel video games, mainly to keep track of who the final bosses were and seeing if there was an article that could come out of it. There wasn't, but I did find the X-Men stuff kind of interesting. There are so many games with Magneto as the final boss and a handful with Apocalypse, but other villains who have been the final threat include:

- Arcade
- Adversary
- Stryfe
- Mojo
- Trevor Fitzroy
- Onslaught
- Sabretooth
- Cyber
- Lady Deathstrike

Hell yeah, Lady Deathstrike is from Wolverine's Revenge right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL8xLV-DVjY

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1790050657958863302?t=SD59VpjX6GhV697avji7MA&s=19

The Marvel account removed the post so maybe it was an intern having some fun or something, because I don't know how this is an actual title...

what...? This is a twist on "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" but this can't possibly be the real title right? Why on Earth would you want to reference the Narnia books? This has to be a bit.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Crossover with The Magicians

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

swickles posted:

It's definitely a play on the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Just not a very good one.

Mind you, neither were the books.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
narnia is a fun kids movie and a lying witch with a great wardrobe sounds fun and witches are bad, so my kids can watch this show!

coven of chaos sounds spooky and Disney+ is grooming your kids to worship satan!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

narnia is a fun kids movie and a lying witch with a great wardrobe sounds fun

There's no "a".

quote:

lying witch with great wardrobe

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I have my doubts about how good this show could be, it was greenlit when Disney was throwing as much money they could at streaming shows as possible quality be damned

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll watch purely for Kathryn Hahn and Aubry Plaza being witches.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

1st AD posted:

I have my doubts about how good this show could be, it was greenlit when Disney was throwing as much money they could at streaming shows as possible quality be damned

No, renaming a show 50 times before it's released is a good sign!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

swickles posted:

I'm happy to eat crow on this, but gently caress me this is going to be absolutely dire isn't it?
She already got her show! It was Wandavision! She was the main antagonist! It was great!

Suppose it can't be worse than Madame Web..

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Infinitum posted:

Suppose it can't be worse than Madame Web..

Hey hey hey, let's not forget that Kraven comes out in a few months

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had to look up who Cyber was because I’ve never heard of him

The 90's were a hell of a time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

twistedmentat posted:

I'll watch purely for Kathryn Hahn and Aubry Plaza being witches.

For all the bad signs and lamenting, this show has a crazy easy path to success by just letting those two do their thing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sockser posted:

I love that they have to keep showing spiders in all the trailers to remind people this is a Spider-man related movie :allears:

Kraven in the recent Spider-man 2 PS5 game is pretty much the pitch perfect modern rendition of the character.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson just doesn't have enough of a broad shouldered physique to pull off Kraven, and the trailer gives the entirely wrong vibe for the character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's definitely a play on the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Just not a very good one.

Mind you, neither were the books.

I think it's also going for something off the whole TV angle that Wandavision did.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sockser posted:

Didn't Kraven get booted to, like, December?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I'm happy to eat crow on this, but gently caress me this is going to be absolutely dire isn't it?
She already got her show! It was Wandavision! She was the main antagonist! It was great!
Yeah, I don't have any confidence in this show. I am ready to be proven wrong, but the fact that it was very quickly put together in response to what essentially became a meme (which is now an ancient one) has me very concerned.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There's no "a".

Ha, good catch. No way is this title real. And yeah, Marvel deleted the post, so I don't know what's going on.

The show could be good based on the cast. If it hadn't already filmed, I would say it was about to be cancelled due to Marvel's reshuffling of things. But they're not WB, they're not going to shelve a mostly finished product.

Anyway I will also watch Kathryn Hahn and Aubry Plaza do just about anything, so I'm in.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
If you want more modern villains that could work two came to mind:

-Vulcan: Summers family drama, former x-man, general pain in the rear end.
-Krakatoa: the evil mutant eating island version.

The problem with most comic book media, and especially Marvel is that the heroes change allegiances and fighting other heroes has made for better stories.

I guess you could turn Friends of Humanity into a religious thing like during the post M-Day plot.

edit: you could also adapt the Ultimate Marvel plot of Deadpool being a mutant hunter, I guess?

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 14, 2024

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's still baffling to me that the Flash has maybe the best rogues' gallery outside of like, Batman and Spider-Man and for his movie, they had him fight... General Zod? And somehow everyone was telling Zaslav that it was gonna be the thing to save them?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

thrawn527 posted:

The show could be good based on the cast.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This is Agatha's like fourth title. It has to be a bit.

Also, expanding on characters that organically gained popularity is something Marvel should do more of.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Instead we get Ironheart, about that character from Wakanda Forever no one liked.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

live with fruit posted:

This is Agatha's like fourth title. It has to be a bit.

Also, expanding on characters that organically gained popularity is something Marvel should do more of.
I assume it's a bit but one they've probably realised is a bad idea with all the shows actually getting retooled/delayed/cancelled.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Finally the MCU's answer to Sex in the City

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gavok posted:

- Arcade
- Adversary
- Stryfe
- Mojo
- Trevor Fitzroy
- Onslaught
- Sabretooth
- Cyber
- Lady Deathstrike

I remember having an X-Men game on the PS2, a top-down RPG starring Magma as the protagonist, that had Master Mold (as a giant mech piloted by a human general) as the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I said "could".