Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
wasn't there an episode where like, pikachu and a few of ashs other pokemon got stuck with meowth and jessie/james pokemon and they switched to regular talk for that? or was it all meowth interpreting for the audience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

wasn't there an episode where like, pikachu and a few of ashs other pokemon got stuck with meowth and jessie/james pokemon and they switched to regular talk for that? or was it all meowth interpreting for the audience?

There were subtitles while everyone did Pokemon speak.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
There were also episodes where Meowth was interpreting what they said, but subtitles were what they used in season 1,yeah

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I did a side event and a trainer from Viridian Gym was directly name dropped. Ace Trainer Arabella.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chieves posted:

Is there a good collection of videos like this one where the audience completely breaks down because of talking Pikachu in the latest Pokemon movie?

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/930126330615730182
the audience is me :chloe:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Dehry posted:

I did a side event and a trainer from Viridian Gym was directly name dropped. Ace Trainer Arabella.

Did she replace Blue as Viridian Gym Leader?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder what the Kanto/Johto League looks like seven years after Gold went through them

I'd like to think Silver became the Viridian Gym Leader, or even Champion after becoming strong enough to surpass Lance

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I swear someone mentioned a Dragon trainer with a cape during the game. It might have been Kukui.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQkVWhSNCU
Well Ultra Necrozma is pretty much official now.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dehry posted:

I swear someone mentioned a Dragon trainer with a cape during the game. It might have been Kukui.

Ryuki, he can be an opponent if you defend your champion title. I don't think you'll encounter him otherwise in SuMo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
has there been anything in USUM about the starter's hidden abilities?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mierenneuker posted:

Ryuki, he can be an opponent if you defend your champion title. I don't think you'll encounter him otherwise in SuMo.

He appears in the Malie City "Gym"

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Dehry posted:

I think Lance is as far as Kukui got when he challenged the Kanto League. I believe that was also alluded to in SM but with no mention of any specific trainers.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

dungeon cousin posted:

I think Lance is as far as Kukui got when he challenged the Kanto League. I believe that was also alluded to in SM but with no mention of any specific trainers.

The Masked Royal is training up to take on the entire Kanto E4 at the same time.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Any multi-pokemon player households have plans for when this series moves to Switch? My wife and I have a tradition every time a pokemon comes out: I take the weekend off work, clear our schedules and go on a 72-hour pokemon-themed bender. Have there been any rumors about the implementation of gen 8? Am I gonna have to drop another $350 on a second Switch for us to continue our tradition into the next generation? :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no one knows and yes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you worked that weekend instead would you make $350

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It will depend on what Gamefreak chooses to do.

Switch has individual user profiles so in theory that could create a separate save file. Good luck with any battles or trading.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Each person takes one of the mini controllers and then you have a pokemon battle, but only if you're on the roof of your apartment building with a bunch of other hip young people.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Sade posted:

Any multi-pokemon player households have plans for when this series moves to Switch? My wife and I have a tradition every time a pokemon comes out: I take the weekend off work, clear our schedules and go on a 72-hour pokemon-themed bender. Have there been any rumors about the implementation of gen 8? Am I gonna have to drop another $350 on a second Switch for us to continue our tradition into the next generation? :(

This far out, you could take 50 cents a day and put it into a jar labeled "second Switch" and you'd probably have enough money saved by the time the first Gen 8 game comes out.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus with the current divorce rates there's a non-zero chance you won't have to worry about this by the time the next game is out. More pokemons for you!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If it works like other Switch games, then you can just make separate profiles on the Switch for each player, which is how you're meant to use it. Switch games put all their save files on the system, there's no per-cartridge storage. So it's either per-system or per-profile.

But there's not any reason why they'd have to do it the normal way.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sade posted:

We should start a support group.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Parrotine posted:

Serious answer, Danny Devito.

Gilbert Gottfried

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Super No Vacancy posted:

if you worked that weekend instead would you make $350

loving lmao yeah right

Dienes posted:

We should start a support group.

I have no desire to stop

Bongo Bill posted:

If it works like other Switch games, then you can just make separate profiles on the Switch for each player, which is how you're meant to use it. Switch games put all their save files on the system, there's no per-cartridge storage. So it's either per-system or per-profile.

But there's not any reason why they'd have to do it the normal way.

The problem with this is we can't both play at the same time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah i uh, make income

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Countblanc posted:

yeah i uh, make income

congratulations on making it in these hard economic times, friend

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sade posted:

The problem with this is we can't both play at the same time.

For two people to play a single-player game at the same time will require two game-playing devices.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

presumably you already had to buy two 3DSes, why is this a shocker to you

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

delete the saves on her 3ds carts and tell her to replay those

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

splitscreen pokemon when

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

someone awful. posted:

presumably you already had to buy two 3DSes, why is this a shocker to you

The switch is promoted as a console for groups, 3DS wasn't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm, personally, excited for pokemon.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

I'm, personally, excited for pokemon.

Hell yeah. Gonna catch a bunch, if not all, of the pokemon.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Dienes posted:

The switch is promoted as a console for groups, 3DS wasn't.

Shockingly a console can have both multi player and single player games released for it. :aaa:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Have people found out what's available with Island Scan in USUM?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh no, I just realized if I get my cool firecat in US it'd make my favorite pokemon Houndoom...redundant...

MY OPTIMAL TEAM :qq:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Mizuti posted:

Have people found out what's available with Island Scan in USUM?

Among other things, all of the starters that weren't available with the Island Scan in regular SM. The Alola starters are the only starters who cannot legally be caught in actual fun pokeballs.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Among other things, all of the starters that weren't available with the Island Scan in regular SM. The Alola starters are the only starters who cannot legally be caught in actual fun pokeballs.

I've got a lot of fashion balling to do! Shame about those three, though. Has anyone figured out if apricorn balls are still 1 per game?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm guessing that you can't S.O.S chain them to get their hidden abilities either...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I noticed my copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun from Amazon was delayed. Someone else already asked amazon why.

https://twitter.com/Sikamarutwin/status/930538998581170177