Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Lookit all these people without apple wallet, that poo poo just works. (I also carry a mophie case when traveling too because gently caress those United A320s without power in them).

For content: there's an An-124 parked here at Seatac. That thing is huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

luminalflux posted:

Lookit all these people without apple wallet, that poo poo just works.

It works when the airline provides the right format of electronic boarding pass, and even on Android there are plenty of apps that can handle Apple Wallet formatted passes. Sometimes it's a massive-rear end pain to get that format though, or outright impossible to do it. Air Europa was a loving pain in the rear end to do it with, let me tell you! I think I finally got it working, but I had to tether my iPhone to my Android's cellular data (since I didn't have a local SIM for the iPhone), then download the Air Europa app on my iPhone, get the Apple Wallet boarding pass through the buggy app, and then share it via e-mail so I could download it on my Android phone, which would then display it via a 3rd-party app.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

very cool VR Snowbirds facebook video from the Toronto air show:
https://www.facebook.com/CFSnowbirds/videos/1186549978050367/

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
A yellow Twin Otter flew over the yard today at a few hundred feet, it was flying a mow the lawn sort of pattern. I'd never seen one in the area before. It looks like it was bombing the area with rabies vaccine.

https://news.ontario.ca/mnr/en/2016/03/ontario-resuming-rabies-vaccination-bait-drops.html

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Twin Otters are as cool as rabies is horrible. I had to get two big rear end needles in the rear end and one a week for a month in the arm because of potential exposure.

All because my wife and I played with puppies at a flea market.

I'm just glad I didn't need to take the needles in the abdomen like you did back in the day.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

luminalflux posted:

Lookit all these people without apple wallet, that poo poo just works. (I also carry a mophie case when traveling too because gently caress those United A320s without power in them).

For content: there's an An-124 parked here at Seatac. That thing is huge.

I had a picture of that from taxing out to the runway yesterday afternoon. It didn't turn out :( so instead have a picture of downtown.

Had about 45 minutes to kill until boarding so took the terminal train and ducked over to the Delta lounge in S terminal in SEA

The macaroni and cheese and thai curry soup was absolute tits.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

borrowed my partner's camera and took a few pics from my balcony of the Toronto Air Show. Couldn't get much, but got a few passing shots!

Yak Avenger! by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6356.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr
Pretty sure this one could use some noise reduction. I might have to fix that.

IMG_6372.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6398.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6397.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6462.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6433.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6496.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

IMG_6487.jpg by King Dugga, on Flickr

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 5, 2016

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Linedance posted:

borrowed my partner's camera and took a few pics from my balcony of the Toronto Air Show. Couldn't get much, but got a few passing shots!

Yak by King Dugga, on Flickr

Sweet pictures, but... isn't that a TBF/TBM? Or is it some kind of Yakovlev made up to look like one? I don't get the label.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The Avenger labeled 'Yak' got a laugh out of me. Great pics.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

hogmartin posted:

Sweet pictures, but... isn't that a TBF/TBM? Or is it some kind of Yakovlev made up to look like one? I don't get the label.

whoops, it's "YAK ATTACK'S GRUMMAN TBM AVENGER"
http://cias.org/performers/

Teach me for skimming! I'll edit that.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Linedance posted:

whoops, it's "YAK ATTACK'S GRUMMAN TBM AVENGER"
http://cias.org/performers/

Teach me for skimming! I'll edit that.

Ha, that makes sense now. I was thinking that it was a dolled-up Yak and I just didn't get the joke.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

What's this? An Avro Anson?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Some good humidity and lack of harsh light makes this a really solid filming of the F-22 flight demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPI1uEV8FU

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

What's this? An Avro Anson?

I'm guessing Beech Expeditor from the link Linedance posted: http://cias.org/performers/

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Some good humidity and lack of harsh light makes this a really solid filming of the F-22 flight demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPI1uEV8FU

I thought "good humidity" was an oxymoron but :wow:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PT6A posted:

Speaking of baggage handling, are there any airlines that offer free checked luggage but charge for bin space? I think that would work so much better, since boarding and de-boarding would take a fraction of the time if people didn't attempt to take their entire collection of worldly possessions with them as cabin baggage. I'm guessing fewer than one in ten of those loving roller bags actually fit in the sizing device properly, either.
How do you propose to implement this without massively complicating boarding?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
As if overhead bin usage wasn't already a complete clusterfuck.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Remove the overhead bins entirely. Put an extra peg under the seats to prevent anything but small carry on's from fitting. Airline basks in boarding and deplaneing that takes a fraction of the time we are used to. Also the cabin will look infinitely better.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
EDIT: ^^^^ That works, too.

Midjack posted:

How do you propose to implement this without massively complicating boarding?

How do they tag hand baggage with "cabin baggage allowed" tags prior to the flight? It would be exactly like that, except these are ones that you pay for at check-in instead. How would this be even slightly difficult? It's easier than everyone trying to bring a "slightly" oversized roller-bag and dealing with the resulting Tetris. People would spend less time standing in the aisle, boarding times could easily be cut in half I imagine.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hello, any recommendations for aviation/airplane books to read? Preferably available on kindle format.

THANKS

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hermsgervørden posted:

Remove the overhead bins entirely. Put an extra peg under the seats to prevent anything but small carry on's from fitting. Airline basks in boarding and deplaneing that takes a fraction of the time we are used to. Also the cabin will look infinitely better.

Something something wasted fuselage volume

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hello, any recommendations for aviation/airplane books to read? Preferably available on kindle format.

THANKS

https://www.amazon.com/Lockheed-Constellation-Dominique-Breffort/dp/2915239622
https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Skies-Constellation-Claude-Luisada/dp/0764346393
https://www.amazon.com/Lockheed-Constellation-Development-Constellations-Starliners/dp/0879383798
https://www.amazon.com/Lockheed-C-121-Constellation-Steve-Ginter/dp/0942612086
https://www.amazon.com/Lockheed-Constellation-Arco-Aircraft-Classic/dp/0668028858

these should interest you

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Fate is a Hunter

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Enourmo posted:

Something something wasted fuselage volume

Raise the floor another 15" and sell amazon all the extra cube.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:yum:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

shame on an IGA posted:

Raise the floor another 15" and sell amazon all the extra cube.

Well you see,

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You just put a layer of people laying down between the old deck and the new deck.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Enourmo posted:

Well you see,

"Easy headrest+ seating"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

You just put a layer of people laying down between the old deck and the new deck.

"vintage reclined passage" passes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Enourmo posted:

Well you see,

Also, the windows would be at waist height.

Guys, what if we used the area near the top as storage space? Maybe we could make this accessible from the inside, let the passengers use it, then charge Kafkaesque fees for checked bags and sell the space in the hold to cargo carriers.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Create an actual steerage class, where people just bulk load themselves into the cargo bays with their worldly possessions + animals. IFE provided by that gypsy looking guy with the fiddle.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Linedance posted:

Create an actual steerage class, where people just bulk load themselves into the cargo bays with their worldly possessions + animals. IFE provided by that gypsy looking guy with the fiddle.

If the passengers get unruly, you release narcotic gas into the hold.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nah, just let it decompress a bit. They'll get the hint when it gets cold as poo poo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Godholio posted:

Nah, just let it decompress a bit. They'll get the hint when it gets cold as poo poo.

Don't worry, the heat from their cooking stoves will keep them warm.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Perfect

Linedance posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nobody show Delta.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Please we've had a branch of government studying how to fit the most people in a tube for a long time now. Just do it like a sub. Your carry on is also your pillow. You can stretch out, and have less space at the same time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

Nobody show Delta.

Delta somehow has better spacing than United and American at this point.